Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My 1st Arena Entry, review

4 posts in this topic

Casual Magic the Gathering x4 years

Hearthstone player X2 days. Been reading guides on Icy-Veins

Clicked Arena button. No take backs. Committed.

3 choices

Shaman, Druid,Paladin

Not too familiar with Paladins. How good are they?

Shaman, still weak and unfamiliar.

So by default, I chose the Druid. Then I just tried to remember how others played him against me.

First, there did not appear to be any limit to time for card selection. No warnings went off. Having remodeled most of my custom decks by the priority spreadsheets of other classes,I tried to give more value towards those cards.

my mana curve came out pretty evenly spread.

I found that a strong start often led to victory along with board control. If my draw struggled, I died.

Force of Nature is a beast! It saved my bacon against Illidan Stormrage. It also turned a loss into a win during a race match.

In the end, I won 3 matches.

Please review my cards and tell me what you think. Too bad I can't share specific details about the matches. Feedback, even negative, is appreciated. Especially when supported by more documentation.

Cards I remember.

No Legendary cards.

Between Ancient of Lore or Ancient of War. Chose A of Lore twice.

Force of Nature

Big Game Hunter

Young Priestess

Swipe X2

Druid of the Claw

Acadia Swamp Ooze X2

Sen'jin Shieldmasta

Shattered Sun Cleric

Ironbark Protector

Dire Wolf Alpha

Raging Worden (which I never got activated) how do I use this guy?

Silver Hand Knight

Chillwind Yeti

Storm wind Champion X2

Iron beak Owl

Frost Elemental

Leper Gnome

Mad Bomber

Mark of Nature x2

Wild Growth

Raid Leader

Soul of the Forest

Dread Corsair

Strangle thorn Tiger

Hey Deafwolf,

if you want to keep track of your runs and add notes to them you might want to check out

Overall your picks look solide, but it is hard to jugde not knowing the other options. Maybe try recording it next time. 

On the topics of classes you should pick what you are familiar with.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Thanks for your reply Net. I watched one of you recent videos on draft. I appreciate the advice. I don't like to blame luck on any of my losses, but there are times where you just get an awful draw.

I just about squirting my pants when my opponent played Illidan Stormrage. I was beside myself, vocally exclaiming, "NO FAIR". I didn't get any epics.

Thank you Force of Nature for giving me some removal.

All I can say is, 3 wins on your first time in the Arena is great! I have been playing for almost 2 months, and I have been in the Arena probabluy 10 or 11 times, I have only won 3 games once, my average wins is just over 1.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By IzbacivacX
      Hi Lads
      IzbacivacX here again.
      We all know that pain in the *** when u suicide on Counter Strike Totem in 3s because you seen a totem 2 sec to late?!
      I found the Solution to that never happens again.
       If you like my Video be sure to leave feedback, then i will do more.
      Enjoy killing shaman teams :)
    • By Fearthebuns
      Join me on the Road to Gladiator as I start from the ground up to help you improve at WoW PvP with general guides and in depth gameplay analysis! I was inspired to make this series from my personal experience at endgame. I've always found there is a massive learning curve to improving at the game, especially when you are jumping into endgame arena for the first time. More often than not, I found myself in a situation where I had so many questions to ask that I didn't know where to start. Whether it be keybindings, understanding class abilities, or getting an understanding for positioning and communication in the games. 
      This series is directed at people that want to improve in WoW Arena and are starting from the ground up, including myself! I will be working through the entire process to show you guys my journey on the Road to Gladiator! Check out the series at and catch my games during the afternoon at
    • By wowguy233
      Howdy, everybody! So with the release of Legion, I thought I'd make a more updated guide to the basics of the warrior class in World of Warcraft. I did this because my old guide was about 2 years old and was made when MoP was still current! Crazy, I know. But nonetheless, I made the guide so that I could help new warriors learn the fundamentals of their class. It covers stuff such as the resource that the Warrior uses, how it's generated, what is common among the specializations,  the benefits of choosing different races for your warrior (takes up the majority of the video's time), and much more! And if this video is able to help even one person out there learn and understand the warrior a little better, it will have been worth making. The video is about 20 minutes long, so grab a drink and/or snack and enjoy the video!  :D
    • By IzbacivacX
      Hi everyone, Today i listed Twitch channels and i noticed there is not a single good Demon Hunter Stream.
      So i have decided to take that under my hand and Stream my Arena games every evening.
      A little about me:
      I am 31 Years old, father of a beautiful Daughter, working Full time job in a Office. Living in Switzerland since 2001, Born and raised in Croatia.
      Language Skills: English, German, Swiss German, Croatian(native)
      Playing games since 2001 and had a quite cool Archivements in most of them.
      I also reached Gladiator titles several times on different classes in WoW: WOTLK, tho i have quited WoW untill Legion came out.
      So here i am again and trying to get Gladiator as DH this Season.

So far from me, i would be glad to entertain you on my channel:
      My Twitch Channel
      Best Regards to all of You
    • By Amateurpeeweeeeh
      Hello together,
      I just came back to playing after a huge break. Basically everyone told me not to play affliction warlock in legion, so I did anyways hehe =(
      Ofc I am in a very weak spot now, thank god I have a guild who I can raid with anyways.
      My main issue now is: regardless of the weak affliction-specc. tells me I can reach 230k DPS. Is this buffed (flask,food etc) because there is no way I can reach this. I can reach like 150k (no buffood,flask etc).
      edit: btw I'm not letting dots run out; my gear has the right stats etc 
      Second issue: No matter what talents I choose -> the outcame is only a minor difference. I am struggling with the use of contagion and soul effigy (here I don't know which dots i keep going - 35% dmg / global cooldown effectiveness?) because of the much RNG I get (shard generation + soulproccs of artifact).
      It feels smoother to just go for absolute corruption and soul conduit because I can just use shards+souls together without hoping for frequent proccs of both simultaniously.
      Glad I take all advice you can give me.
      + I just hope for another big patch of course. But I guess none is coming before few weeks of raiding. 
      Sincere regards a PvE-newcomer/comeback amateur hehe :(