FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
shig

New Arena

I don't know about you guys but I have had 7 arena runs under the new format with some really decent decks but terrible results... 11W-21L... I like the fact that we can get rarer cards now, but there seems to be something not clicking. By comparison before the changes my last 10 runs were... 41W-30L...

What you guys think?

Well, the overall average in arena is still 50%, so for the losses you gained, someone else gained wins. You will need to adapt to the changes, simple as that.
I would suggest using Heartharena, or you could follow Paracel's suggestion and wait some time, as arena players have been saving their decks to wreck everyone now.

Kind of highjacking this thread by broadening the subject:

Do you think the ranking of the classes has been changed?

I haven't played Arena yet, but more class cards + more spells practically seems to cry "Jaaaaade"

You will never be able to draft a real all out aggro-deck like pirate warrior. Or a Reno-Deck. Or an N'zoth-Deck.

But a Jade deck? Easy enough, Jade has lot's of good cards, even small ones. And the most important thing: Jade Decks don't rely on one card. (Sure, Aya is strong, but isn't necessary. Nothing at all like Reno / N'zoth.) And if the enemy isn't able to rush, you even a way from perfect jade-deck should offer some serious punsh.

Are Shaman / Druid / Rogue best picks now?

3 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Kind of highjacking this thread by broadening the subject:

I haven't played Arena yet, but more class cards + more spells practically seems to cry "Jaaaaade"

You will never be able to draft a real all out aggro-deck like pirate warrior. Or a Reno-Deck. Or an N'zoth-Deck.

But a Jade deck? Easy enough, Jade has lot's of good cards, even small ones. And the most important thing: Jade Decks don't rely on one card. (Sure, Aya is strong, but isn't necessary. Nothing at all like Reno / N'zoth.) And if the enemy isn't able to rush, you even a way from perfect jade-deck should offer some serious punsh.

Are Shaman / Druid / Rogue best picks now?

I was afraid of that. Looks like this is not the case.  Probably there are a chance to get some insane jade deck  but playing some runs and watching some streams I feel that there are no more chances. Sure, we got fewer cards but... 3 commons\ 1 rare \ 1 legendary is still a small pool to draft many jade cards reliably. Besides Aya and Brann are cards that make jade druid and jade shaman strong on ladder

4 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Absolutely, and I expect it to be different once the arena meta stabilizes as well. Also, now your runs depend on your drafting strategy more than before, as the strategies are still being refined (how much pure value you are willing to risk for synergy), so your class choice should depend on how familiar you are with the classes and how comfortable you are with it.

5 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

You will never be able to draft a real all out aggro-deck

Not really. It will be harder than in previous patch, but it will still be possible. If you draft an aggressive curve, you can win. Arena is still about tempo, and if you are given the opportunity to draft low curve, and are able to capitalize on it, you win a lot. 

14 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Well, the overall average in arena is still 50%, so for the losses you gained, someone else gained wins. You will need to adapt to the changes, simple as that.
I would suggest using Heartharena, or you could follow Paracel's suggestion and wait some time, as arena players have been saving their decks to wreck everyone now.

I have been using Heartharena to track some stats and see if would help improve my decks, been using maybe 2 weeks now. Still no real change... Maybe worth sitting our for a while as you said to wait for balance to restore itself.

On 01/03/2017 at 10:46 PM, shig said:

I don't know about you guys but I have had 7 arena runs under the new format with some really decent decks but terrible results... 11W-21L... I like the fact that we can get rarer cards now, but there seems to be something not clicking. By comparison before the changes my last 10 runs were... 41W-30L...

What you guys think?

Try watching the Lightforge on youtube, they explain how to adapt to the new meta pretty well. Their last two vids both address it, probably watch the more recent shorter one unless you have 3 hours spare to watch the long one. The meta has massively changed, so decks that were good before aren't so good any more, and drafting like you drafted before is likely to land you in trouble.

Dove back into the arena for a go and still getting my ass handed to me. I get it is a more value orientated arena now but still cant seem to find the right cards for the wins.. is there any word of heartharena updating their software to match the current meta? On the flip side to all this I do feel I am improving in constructed and getting up the ladder.

On 22/03/2017 at 2:57 AM, shig said:

Dove back into the arena for a go and still getting my ass handed to me. I get it is a more value orientated arena now but still cant seem to find the right cards for the wins.. is there any word of heartharena updating their software to match the current meta? On the flip side to all this I do feel I am improving in constructed and getting up the ladder.

I agree Arena has changed a lot and I recognise drafting great decks all the time but having more trouble than before winning the matchups. I went from 4.5 wins average to approx. 3.3 wins average in current season 3 runs gave me 10W-9L. I drafted heartharena  score 68 to 71.5 pts decks! I personally am so bitter everytime i get a Volcano (Shaman) or Meteor (Mage) raining havoc on my minions just when i finally control the board after trading smart and spending a lot of cards for a little extra tempo. Those 2 cards feel just broken to me. Overall it seems there are so much more powerful cards than before. Great decks get countered by even greater decks. Sky is the limit....for my opponents until now :)

2 hours ago, Esthirel said:

Those 2 cards feel just broken to me.

Vicious Fledgling to me seems to be the real MVP in Arena. If it gets Windfury on it's first swing it can snowball a game extremely fast. I've seen it played on turn 3 and by the end of that game it was a 7/12 with Divine Shield, Windfury and Deathrattle: Summon two plants. Kinda crazy for a 3 mana minion that is Rare.

On 04/05/2017 at 2:53 AM, KingMe said:

Vicious Fledgling to me seems to be the real MVP in Arena. If it gets Windfury on it's first swing it can snowball a game extremely fast. I've seen it played on turn 3 and by the end of that game it was a 7/12 with Divine Shield, Windfury and Deathrattle: Summon two plants. Kinda crazy for a 3 mana minion that is Rare.

I agree with you there. That card has the ability to decide the match after being played as the first minion :) on turn 2 with the coin after your opponent played a 2/3 on turn 2 and passed on turn 1.  now THAT is broken. ;)
Vicious fledgling aka Dr. 3

• Like 1

It has definitely won me a few matches in arena. I'd play him on curve and watch as they throw their resources away just trying to kill it. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Care
      Hi Icy-Veins members 🥶,

Do you love Player vs Player battle?... Arena's, Battlegrounds or general World PvP? Newly formed guild [PvP Sweaters] is looking for new members to join our guild today. There are no ‘minimum requirements’. We also have a cool guild tabard!!
      The realm is quite dead the moment but we will recruit and get new members over time!
      Add me on battle tag or send a message on here for more details.
      Username: Care
      Battle tag: Care#21917
      ⚔️

"What does being a PvP Sweaters mean? It means you sweat at all costs…potions in normal battlegrounds…crown control on NPC’s as warmup…whatever has to be done!" - [PvP Sweaters]

• By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> H7/9 weekday 6pm-8:30p EST raid times. Monk Tank and Druid heals needed. We also have a reward system where you can receive game time & game store items paid for by the guild. If interested pst me. Also visit us at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com
      Who Are We?
      Originally established in Tichondrius-US during the WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes like in-game items(gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups.
      RAID SCHEDULE
      Alternating raid weeks
      (Varying days scheduled a month out)Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 6:00PM-8:30PM EST
      We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (5:45PM EST) to start pulls at 6:00PM EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor
      RATED BATTLEGROUNDS
      The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events
      Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.
      If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself by in-game message or mail
      contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By Runiix
      http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q667/Runiix13/Slide1_zpsh7syy8m1.jpg

Hello DKs. (I dunno why it does this annoying thing with the background)
      I have been playing around with different WeakAuras for a few weeks now and i finally found something that works really well for me personally in PvP.
      Both BGs and arena.

I have a small screen to work with, so i would try to fit as much info in as i could, on as little space as possible, without having any info there that i didnt need.

I also found out... With all the pressure and fast thinking happening in pvp, you dont have time to look all over your screen to see important CDs or hp points or whatever.
      So again, i've found a way to track everything i need to know, without moving my eyes to the edges of the screen.

I am by no means any expert on WA and my designs are pretty basic, for some they might look abit cluttered, but everything that i link here, is quite easy to change.
      Deletes single groups u dont want, or change colours/sounds anyway u like it.

I really hope you people enjoy what i have made and i hope some of you can use it for yourself.
      It's the first time i ever do post stuff like this... Now, i'll explain what the different auras do:
      ---------------------------------

https://pastebin.com/h0sVPDgC
      Asphyxiate stun:
      Pretty basic. It will show a stun icon, with a small timer underneath.
      If you dont like the timer, u can delete the group and u can even change the texture to a progress texture, then the bar would deplete as the stun timer went on.
      I do prefer the timer underneath cause of diminishing returns, it often doesnt stun the full 5 sec.

https://pastebin.com/ZqX24uCV
      CC and Disruption cooldowns:
      Mind freeze (interrupt) and Death grip on the same height
      Asphyxiate and Gnaw (ghoul stun) on the same height.
      These icon will only if the given ability is on cooldown. It will not if it is ready
      Often times there are so many icons on your screen counting down, so i made this to quickly find out what CC is ready.

https://pastebin.com/Z1tQtqXY
      Apocalypse - Dark Transformation - Soul Reaper cooldowns:
      I put these in the same group, cause they are what i use basically everytime they are of CD (if im in range of my target ofc)
      They contribute to the very important sustained damage of unholy and it was important for me to track them close to each other.
      They will both bounce in and yellow text will appear when an ability is ready - Something i made so i never miss or forget one of these as i am focusing my target.

https://pastebin.com/kvehS4qi
      Festering wound tracker:
      Obviously one of the most important things to keep track of for unholy.
      I've tried with different icons and progress bars, but fact is that, even though they look prettier and more neath, they aren't as practical.
      So i made a simple, yet very effective tracker for it.

A flashing purple wheel appears if you are in combat and no wound is active on your target.
      It bounces and turns red if there are 1-2 stack active, cause this is where you should apply more debuff before detonating.
      Standard purple colour will appear with 3-5 stacks, cause with this amount you are free to detonate your wounds and not having to reapply new ones or worring about there being to many. (Because you are obvioulsy free to Festering strike if you are at like 3 stacks)
      It will flash purple/white when there are 6-8 stacks, cause here you need to detanote and not reapply anymore festering strikes, atleast until it reaches below six.

https://pastebin.com/deeYe8T2
      Offensive burst/go for kill/swap target cooldowns:
      I didnt put "Blighted rune weapon" in with the other sustain damage CDs because i feel even though it is good for sustained damage, it does not need to be used of cd.
      It works very well if you want to surprise swap to a different targets.
      There are stacks for BRW and timer for your gargoyle - Again, a very simple but very effective design, that tells you everything you need to know. These will also disappear when they are ready.

https://pastebin.com/6NsWPd0R
      Scourge of worlds proc:
      Very, very important debuff to track. Changes your priority alot of times in your rotation for the next 5-6 secs.
      Even though it could work with the normal icon and the design is cool, it is again. Not practical for pvp, cause u need ONLY to see useful info.
      So i made it very simple with a standard timer, so u never miss the debuff and it doesnt clutter your screen.

https://pastebin.com/BUkZmUMp
      Sudden doom proc:
      These can ofcourse be changed to any texture you might like better.
      1 bar appears with 1 proc - 2 bars appears with 2 procs.
      Again for practical use - Minimize the amount of numbers and bars on your screen with this.

https://pastebin.com/WBTRpnEZ
      Virulent plague:
      I sometimes forget to reapply this in stressed situations. I made this aura to make sure it never happens.
      A white flashing icon shows when it is not active, a simple sound plays when it runs out and a white bar shows the progress.

Really hope you guys enjoy it and will give me some feedback!
      I love playing around with WeakAuras and just as i have had alot of help from others designs i really hope someone can use mine.
    • By Darkmograine
      Undaunted Gaming League is a family based guild, that means most of us have families and careers and are unable to play WoW at all times, that is recruiting players to band together for core teams. We would like to form teams for arena, RBG's, Daily Mythic dungeons, raid progression, gold making, and even battle pets. Even if you are a casual player that is looking to socialize, or want a team to work together on professions, we would like to help you help us. 
      http://undauntedgamingleague.enjin.com/home is our guild site, feel free to stop by to fill out an application and email a guild member for an invite. If you would like additional information, please message a player in game or myself directly darkmograine#1675
    • By Belfort
      Hi

I am in a bit of a tight spot at the moment, I really struggle to understand/learn the current assassination spec. I know i'm doing something wrong, as reading on the forums ass is god-like, insane damage and shit. The thing is i get blown to pieces by quite a few classes. 1 stun and i'm gone. Outside evasion almost all melee classes are instant detonation. Maybe with the except of other rogues. 
      Take the DH,
      I get 100-0 in the AOE stun. It goes through evasion and cloak. I realize that it's a rock -paper- thingy but most of their damage seems unavoidable. Outside evasion i'm dead. I've tried everything, I can bring them down to 10-20% and "puff" they are back to 80% health. The evasion is used to survive the first 8 secs. If not popped i'll instantly die. 
      They seem to clear DOTS randomly, they have some kind of evasion so landing the full kidney-shot misses a lot. Their ranged attack hits 8-9 times harder than mine, so kiting their burst is impossible. Vanishing is impossible, as i can be spotted instantly and my stun DR's are already up.
      Almost all classes just use trinket on the cheap shot and they don't seemed to be "punished" for at all! there is no consequence like there used be.
      The stealth seems to break out of frekin nowhere, latency is now working to the laggers advantage, as in, unless i'm 1m ahead of the target my stuns wont landl, i just end up doing a stupid animation!

If we ignore the mandatory l2p, I would appreciate some advice!
      I played since vanilla and got my shoulders and all that, I know my way around a handful of classes. This expansions pvp “balance” or complete lack of, just seems odd.