Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Combat weapons - fast/slow

8 posts in this topic

I have question about weapons in Combat spec.

Currently Im using fast main hand dagger and slow offhand mace.

Dagger is 640 ilevel and Mace is 630 ilevel.

I also have second Mace 630 ilevel.

Is it better to stay with fast/slow with higher ilevel

I should stay slow/slow with lower ilevel ??

What do you think.

Can you also give me small feedback about weapons in Combat spec.

Do slow/fast acts as good as fast/slow or any other combination can be useful ?

For example, is it works same as Subtlety offhand which does not count. You can put higher ilevel weapon for Sub even if its slow and you dont have better dagger.

Edited by Neshama

Well, my recommendation is to run two slow weapons. But, for all we know, the better itemized and better dps weapons could provide a larger damage output. Try running a simulation to see what it says. 

its always best to have a slow weapon in MH over a dagger, so thats the 1st change i would make, 2nd you should aim for 2 slow weapons 

id also like to point you in the direction of which is a dps sim for rogues

Edited by conmysterio

Whichever one gives you more damage should be the one in your main hand. The weapon damage matters at that point, then you can look at which stats are most beneficial.

My guess is that your Mace should be mh and Dagger should be oh, so you can benefit from the better weapon dps. However, having looked at them, if your second mace is the same as the other one, running both maces is probably better cause you'll get more Haste out of it

As conmysterio said, check on Shadowcraft to see which setup would be more optimal for you

Edit: alternatively you could play Sub with the dagger mh, since it gives great stats for you

Thx guys for answers.

I do have the same second Mace.

However I will check Shadowcraft to calculate sim dps with offhand dagger and without.

Just how accurate is Shadowcraft right now? SimCraft and Icy-veins both tell me differently than Shadowcraft does, and I wanna make sure which is most reliable before I go ahead and itemize. 

It's probably the most accurate, cause it will give you up-to-date information with the gear you currently have on.

For example: even though Mastery is best for Assassination, maybe you have too little crit to reliably generate bonus combo points so crit is of more value to you in your current gear. Icy-Veins won't tell you that cause it just gives a basic stat priority, and while SimCraft might tell you the same kind of information, it's much more difficult to make sure that its profile is working properly since you have to code it yourself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Belfort

I am in a bit of a tight spot at the moment, I really struggle to understand/learn the current assassination spec. I know i'm doing something wrong, as reading on the forums ass is god-like, insane damage and shit. The thing is i get blown to pieces by quite a few classes. 1 stun and i'm gone. Outside evasion almost all melee classes are instant detonation. Maybe with the except of other rogues. 
      Take the DH,
      I get 100-0 in the AOE stun. It goes through evasion and cloak. I realize that it's a rock -paper- thingy but most of their damage seems unavoidable. Outside evasion i'm dead. I've tried everything, I can bring them down to 10-20% and "puff" they are back to 80% health. The evasion is used to survive the first 8 secs. If not popped i'll instantly die. 
      They seem to clear DOTS randomly, they have some kind of evasion so landing the full kidney-shot misses a lot. Their ranged attack hits 8-9 times harder than mine, so kiting their burst is impossible. Vanishing is impossible, as i can be spotted instantly and my stun DR's are already up.
      Almost all classes just use trinket on the cheap shot and they don't seemed to be "punished" for at all! there is no consequence like there used be.
      The stealth seems to break out of frekin nowhere, latency is now working to the laggers advantage, as in, unless i'm 1m ahead of the target my stuns wont landl, i just end up doing a stupid animation!

If we ignore the mandatory l2p, I would appreciate some advice!
      I played since vanilla and got my shoulders and all that, I know my way around a handful of classes. This expansions pvp “balance” or complete lack of, just seems odd. 
    • By Doku
      I'm trying to get back into dps. I've been tanking since cata and I'd like to try my hand at dps'ing again. I feel like I should be pulling higher numbers but I just can't get them up. Any advise?
    • By Dyldoe
      So right now I play Sub as my main spec. I mained outlaw for the first week or so of Legion and honestly I hated sub (not sure why) but after I tried it, it is now my preferred spec among the 3. I know that sub scales the best with gear and is the most superior spec around 870ilv too. I never see sub in pve and usually outlaw/sin mainly (for mythic+ and raids) so I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong?
      For my talents, I use weaponmaster as it is very good for aoe pulls (I can pull about 400k dps on 3-4 targets) then followed by the traditional talents for pve sub (I go master of subtlety for raids) 
      I know my stats are not the best for sub as I need to get more mastery/vers rather than haste (crit is still pretty good if i'm correct)
      I couldn't spec into Akaari's Soul as it breaks cc in pvp with means I loose a hefty amount of dps which is very annoying and I am debating to repsec into it and put up with it in pvp for the extra dps increase.
      My weapon pathing looks like this:
      I seem to be doing everything correctly for dps but I do about 250-300k dps on single target and stays about 200k the whole time. Sometimes can go up to 350-400k depending on how smooth the fight goes but if it's anything to do with my weapon/talents/ilv/stats and even playstyle then please let me know, thanks!
      Edit: I have respecced my weapon to now look like this: 
      I should be doing better now ^^ Appreciate the help 
    • By sneakytool
      Hi guys need a bit of help with improving my dps,
      crit 29.45%
      haste 15.04%
      mastery 110.65%
      vers 4.51%
      I know i need less haste and more crit/mast but other than this is there anything else i can do?
      armory link
      Link to my logs on a  dummy
    • By Powji
      Hi, i am currently struggeling with my DPS. My DPS is really low and i think that i should be able to pull much higher numbers.
      So i thought maybe one of you guys can help :) Input is highly appreciated
      Logs from last raid
      Thank you in advance :)