Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

When to use different specs?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I have Destro/affli atm, and were starting to try mythic. Cleared heroic already. I was wondering on which bosses each spec performs best? On imperator affliction fails miserably for me, but not sure on the other fights

There is another thread that discusses this - for some reason I can't paste the link but it's called "What is the best spec combination for Highmaul"?

Most warlocks are using Destruction on Imperator because of all the opportunities to use cleave with havoc and to use shadowburn to get embers back.   

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Swagsurfer
      Hey guys. Been looking at logs from my raid and comparing with top locks.

This is me
      This is some other dude...
      Now look at immolate.. Why has his hit 100 times, while mine has hit 36, with almost 100% uptime? Am im going full retard with my class this expansion?
    • By Zorban
      Hey there. I've decided to actually do some raid content this expansion instead of messing around. I'm a bit new to all this so I'm sorry if this is a silly question.
      I've been playing as Affliction and I understand that mastery > haste > crit.
      My question is does it matter if I have any crit? You can see in my armory that I've only got 1 item with crit on it and I was hoping to replace it with mastery whenever I get the chance. These are the logs from my guild's raid last night. I'm happy with the dps I'm doing but I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on some extra dps. If maybe I've invested too heavily into mastery and haste.
      Thanks for your time.
    • By Amateurpeeweeeeh
      Hello together,
      I just came back to playing after a huge break. Basically everyone told me not to play affliction warlock in legion, so I did anyways hehe =(
      Ofc I am in a very weak spot now, thank god I have a guild who I can raid with anyways.
      My main issue now is: regardless of the weak affliction-specc. tells me I can reach 230k DPS. Is this buffed (flask,food etc) because there is no way I can reach this. I can reach like 150k (no buffood,flask etc).
      edit: btw I'm not letting dots run out; my gear has the right stats etc 
      Second issue: No matter what talents I choose -> the outcame is only a minor difference. I am struggling with the use of contagion and soul effigy (here I don't know which dots i keep going - 35% dmg / global cooldown effectiveness?) because of the much RNG I get (shard generation + soulproccs of artifact).
      It feels smoother to just go for absolute corruption and soul conduit because I can just use shards+souls together without hoping for frequent proccs of both simultaniously.
      Glad I take all advice you can give me.
      + I just hope for another big patch of course. But I guess none is coming before few weeks of raiding. 
      Sincere regards a PvE-newcomer/comeback amateur hehe :(
    • By DemonCratic
      So, I'm a warlock ilvl 665 right now, and I'm worried about my DPS, I'm not sure if it's low or not for my ilvl but it seems low compared to the data I saw on Noxxic, so I'm an affliction warlock, I respect the exact same rotation that Noxxic and Icy-veins show, and I'm getting around 20k DPS on training dummies, buffed with Grimoire of sacrifice, stone from highmaul and an elixir of intellect. I don't think that's good dps for my ilvl.
      My rotation is the following: I begin by using Soulburn : Soulswap so I apply my dots directly, then I cast Drain Soul as a filler, I refresh agony when it's = 7 seconds or a bit less, Corruption I refresh it when it's 5-6 seconds, Unstable corruption refresh at 4-5 seconds. I'm never gonna use a soulburn on a regular haunt unless a nightfall procs like directly after I apply my Soulburn : Haunt, I'll mainly save up my soul shards for Soulburn then haunt, so 2+ soul shards and it's mainly when I have the Soulburn: Haunt buff up that I pop Dark Soul: Misery (I'm not sure when to use it so I use it at that time)
      So to go straight to the answers/advices I need
      1. Is this good/normal/bad DPS for my ilvl as an Affliction Warlock (Buffs: HM stones, Draenic potion, Grimoire of Sacrifice)
      2. Should I play Affliction at my ilvl or another spec such as Destro
      3. Is there any problems with my talents? I don't think my gears really matters since I'm pretty low ilvl but am I missing something?
      4. And maybe advices, etc... you know what I mean, thanks in advance
      5. Is there something wrong with my rotation? If yes, could you tell me how to improve it please.
      Bonus question: Is the legendary questline still worth doing, even if Legion comes out in 1 month and a half? 
      Link to my armory :
      (I'm counting on replacing the pvp gears I have right now, since I'm mainly focusing on gearing right now) 
      (And, it's my first Icy-veins forum so idk how to put logs, sorry.)
    • By narkil
      My dps is not the worst I guess, but I feel like it could be better than that.
      I dont have any specific boss, on which i'm underperforming. I understand that I wont do better then affi on for example councile but this 70-80k that i'm doing right now is kinda low. (?) There is no many logs with my current ilvl, but I think this is enought data to analyze:
      About my rotation:
       Battle start: 2x confla, and inci until I hit 3 embers (in this moment first ring and prepot are still ON), then dark soul and spam of Chaos bolt.
      then normal rotation:
       - keep Immo up
       - Confla, 
       - Chaos bolt on 3+ embers
       - Dark soul when 2 charges, spam Chaos bolt, and keepeing 1 charge for ring/bl
       - when 2 targets trying to use Havoc every cd with Chaos bolt
       - Doomguard od BL
      This is pretty much it. 
      So, any ideas? ; >