FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gunner44magnum

Prot pally feeling gimped in Heroic HM

Howdy, I'm a long time raider and I decided to go back to my BC/WOLK main to tank in WoD. Problem is that ever since the xpac was released, I have felt nothing but gimped. I've run simcraft countless times for stat weights, read everything I could here and elsewhere on rotations/priorities, watched endless hours of videos of the encounters, but cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Tonight (9Jan2015) we wiped at least 15 times on H Imperator and most times due to me dying (what seems to me) at random. I'm using the prescribed rotation from here, and trying to keep Sacred Shield. Word of Glory and SoTR up at all times.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by gunner44magnum

U mostly die to consecutive 60-80k melee hits, which maybe due to fcked up tank swap. Idk about dem mines tho, they should only be triggered like "ok, wipe and retry". If the boss had <10 attackspeed stacks just blame the healers.

Edited by TheTR

I see a lot of non-tank dmg and deaths from Mark of Chaos on nearly every attempt.  How are you handling that?

I only took a very quick look at your tanking but here are some quick observations...

- Your ShoR uptime varies quite wildly but is generally too low on some encounters (I didn't examine if this was a result of not using it during non-tanking times).  I am at work, after all.  :-P

- You're not making proper use of your CDs.  All CDs are generally under used.

- You're good about keeping SS up.

- You're not using your trinket on-use CD (at least that I can find)

- I'd probably drop DP.  It's too random to really be effective in my opinion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!
    • By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Here's a short music video paying homage to all the protection warriors out there Much Love!

• By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Just a short video paying homage to all the Protection Paladins out there, Much Love!

• By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.
    • By Gnub
      Been playing as 29/11/0 so far, extra crit heals is obviously good for keeping my team alive.

However, I never go OOM, so I want to get some more burst damage. What is the best way to make a hybrid paladin? 
      Holy shock with spell power? I want to do burst damage when my heals get interrupted, so holy shock might be bad.

7 Prot is the bare minimum for me, Imp Freedom is so strong.
      18 Prot is also very strong, extra stuns together with grenades is powerful for BGs.
      25 Prot for reckoning might be the best burst damage available, you could even heal with a 2hander. But this requires alot of investment and SETUP.

How good is SoC for a 1hander? Spell power gear? Maybe using Thrash Blade to do melee damage while healing geared.

What kind of gear? Spell power or strength?