Prot pally feeling gimped in Heroic HM

4 posts in this topic

Howdy, I'm a long time raider and I decided to go back to my BC/WOLK main to tank in WoD. Problem is that ever since the xpac was released, I have felt nothing but gimped. I've run simcraft countless times for stat weights, read everything I could here and elsewhere on rotations/priorities, watched endless hours of videos of the encounters, but cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Tonight (9Jan2015) we wiped at least 15 times on H Imperator and most times due to me dying (what seems to me) at random. I'm using the prescribed rotation from here, and trying to keep Sacred Shield. Word of Glory and SoTR up at all times.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by gunner44magnum

U mostly die to consecutive 60-80k melee hits, which maybe due to fcked up tank swap. Idk about dem mines tho, they should only be triggered like "ok, wipe and retry". If the boss had <10 attackspeed stacks just blame the healers.

Edited by TheTR

I knew some were from the consecutive hits, and the mine issues. Was wondering if it was me doing it frustrating. Thank you

I see a lot of non-tank dmg and deaths from Mark of Chaos on nearly every attempt.  How are you handling that?

I only took a very quick look at your tanking but here are some quick observations...

- Your ShoR uptime varies quite wildly but is generally too low on some encounters (I didn't examine if this was a result of not using it during non-tanking times).  I am at work, after all.  :-P

- You're not making proper use of your CDs.  All CDs are generally under used.

- You're good about keeping SS up.

- You're not using your trinket on-use CD (at least that I can find)

- I'd probably drop DP.  It's too random to really be effective in my opinion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Wixii
      Boom Time is currently recruiting healers (and as always exceptional dps).
      What healers do we need?
      - Paladin (high)
      - Monk
      - 870+ (Not absolute minimum)
      - Mythic experience or impressive logs
      - A sense of humour
      Wednesday - 19:00-23:00
      Thursday - 19:00-23:00
      Sunday - 19:00-23:00
      Contact info, about us, etc
      Wixii#2580 (Healing Officer)
      Origin#2634 (Ranged Officer)
      Warlofd#2979 (Melee Officer)
    • By SkaptorZ
      Hi everyone,
      I've been playing hearthstone for a while now and my favorite deck is N'Zoth paladin. I can easily reach rank 10 with this deck but i am keeping track and i have a 100% lose rate against fast freeze mage, the deck with a lot of card draw and mostly spells. No matter how much board control or health i have, they always seem to be able to deal 30+ damage in 1 single turn at some point, and you know its going to happpen when they drop emperor thaurissan. I'm getting really annoyed and have tried things like the eater of secrets to stop them but so far i havent been able to beat a single one of them... I know warrior is a good matchup but is there really now possible way to beat them with N'Zoth paladin? I'm also having the same problem dealing with malygos/thaurissan combos...
      Hopefully someone can help me out!
    • By Glorion
      yesterday i completed my set pieces for the "Fortitude of nightborne " - set.
      Both pieces are only itemlevel 840.
      This is my current equip -->óriòn/advanced
      My question is now and i'm really not sure:
      Is it worth to use it because of the set bonus or not in comparison to the current breast and shoulder?
      Thanks in advance for your hints.
    • By Ludavyk
      Server: Zul'jin - Horde
      Raid Times: 7-10pm EST - T/W
      Celestial Being is recruiting to round out our mythic roster. The core of our team has Mythic experience including top 50 US experience. Mythic experience is preferred, along with current logs. We raid on a brief schedule and expect people prepared to progress.
      Current Needs:
      Priest - All Specs
      Shaman - Elemental/Enhancement
      Druid - Feral
      Paladin - Ret
      Exceptional players of all classes will be considered, feel free to discuss.
      Please contact for more information.
    • By Stenbock
      I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 
      I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 
      Here's a link to my Paladin.
      I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.
      Any help is appreciated. :)