Sagetastic

Haste Breakpoints for Fire & Bombs

4 posts in this topic

I was having trouble finding a good reference for what I wanted to have my haste at given how weak it is for fire right now.

The only reason for this was DoT breakpoints being affected by it, and I had quite a bit of trouble finding a good reference.

Figured I'd share what I found here.

https://docs.google....xZmFYa0E#gid=39

I found the above spreadsheet >Here<

I'd like to note the tabs at the bottom showing a detailed breakdown of the haste breakpoints for other classes as well.

I hope you guys find it as useful as I did.

I'd also like to request a haste breakpoint table being added to ever-expanding mage guides.

With Love (except for you, vish),

~Sage

Edited by Sagetastic
2 people like this

I'd like to add another item into this thread for fire that I had been looking for just the right addon for.

For a while I had settled for mage nugget's ignite tracker for tracking my ignite, but I felt it wasn't 100% accurate.

I'm not positive how it works, maybe it is, but anyways I made a new mage friend recently who shared with me their weak aura Ignite tracker that simply watches the tooltip.

That might be what mage nuggets tracker does, idk, but this I am sure of and I am sharing their weak aura script here for anyone interested.

Just go to make a new aura, click import, then paste the following:

dydEbaGnvHMjkQzlLBQk13qQDQQyVWUr1(Lq(PkHHjP(nbxsc1TjvdwLsdhjDqvjRtLOJrrNJqwOKSuvQSyvLwUuDEe1tvwgcEorNMKPsPjJstNQlQsvxvvWZOW1vXgLGhJiBwI2UkfFuLKplyAi03vvzKQKACOWOjfJxvvNKqDlvrxdjUhkYLf9xsPdl0WewSiSWXKyDc0IW0XyXyHfJvjP2IKT5FhtCGR88YIUTyjM3vHq2Hft4h)cEJmQWoCLJ5XEiDSJm1YJ6jQWKNVKeoChvy8OEIjoWvEIXMFpLLwYutSRFD37cpWmgpQNAfOM9Ol0XyIjSYtRjjf5OcowpdkbULm1eZZ)o2pfRRbfOniqHbfZArM0g1eniGYNePX4hDBxfczxIpMykwmXbUYtmnPkOXrHhPjqXGHPbnnnfJAgmq5tIIWAcrwyXoYulPwukrfwxOLWIPFAUcw4WXi1IsjSysfp0sS3VU6E4WHJDd(ysSUgoaa

It's a simple text aura, and credit for its creation goes to Eyliria <Something Wicked> of Whisperwind (US)

edit: of course it requires the addon Weak Auras

~Sage

Edited by Sagetastic
1 person likes this

I think I'll add some more similar posts into here and eventually add them all into the original post.

Well, for a while now I've wanted to make a "Mage Macro" thread, but that felt a little played out.

The way I figure it, I'll just make a "Misc. Mage Tools" thread that has a little of everything. Some references to obscure mechanics (what else could I add I wonder, though), some macros, some ultra-specific script for addons to help out the mage that use them.

The best part, I'll take all contributions, and look around for external contributions and of course give credit to anything I didn't make myself.

Feel free to add your own now, and once I get some additional content I'll modify the OP.

edit: If you don't post, and just lurk the forums regularly, but would like to have something added: you can reach me via skype or private message me and I'll add it that way.

edit2: I actually really enjoy that script up there for ignite for when I play fire, but I made a few of my own visual cue auras for frost and some talents.

I'll post them along with screenshots since they are purely visual.

Consider me a tad anxious for the servers to be up!

I think I'll rename the thread "Miscellaneous Mage Modules & Morsels"

I freakin' LOVE alliteration.

~Sage

Edited by Sagetastic
1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Avanti
      Who Are We?
      We are a group of returning skilled and experienced wow players that have been playing together since vanilla WoW, boasting ranks as high as US top 10. We have led other guilds to success in the past and are once again looking to do that in Legion.
      What is QQ?
      QQ is a US based semi-hardcore guild full of members who enjoy aggresively and timely clearing mythic raid content. We are planning to compete for US top 100 and are seeking like-minded and exceptional players to help us achieve that goal.
      What are your raid times?
      Our raid times are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (optional Mon) at 8:30pm-11:30/12pm PST 
      Raid invites will go out 15 minutes prior to raid.
      Do you have a VOIP?
      We use Discord. Join us on discord if you have more questions, want to join, or just want to hang out! Check the "Shoutbox" for an invite.
      Roster: We will have a roster of 24 people and wish to stay around that number. We understand real life RNG occurs. 
      Loot: We use a loot council system to evenly distribute loot among our raid.
      What We Expect:
      You have done what you can to min/max your character.
      You are confident in your abilities to play your class, and can take constructive criticism.
      You are aware of and can move from hazardous encounter mechanics, with little negative effect on your dps/healing/etc.
      You are searching for a long term guild to progress into future tiers with.
      Current classes we have a high demand for:
      Druid - Boomkin and Feral
      Priest - Shadow
      Warlock - Destro/Demo
       * Note this is for core spots in Mythic Progression *
      Please note if you don't see your class/spec listed fill free to throw an application in we are always looking for exceptional players to add to our roster.
      Please register on the website and submit an application if you plan on raiding/playing with us. You can register at our website at www.qqwow.shivtr.com
      If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact any one of us.
      Avanti#11824
      Pittu16#11172
      Terenn#1388
    • By Batraaf
      Hello, 
      I was wondering wich mage spec is the best pve spec.
      I've ask a couple of people and in general fire mage is the spec to go they say, but there were also some who said that arcane and frost get some major buffs on the hotfix wednesday, so now I don't know wich spec to choose.
      Can anyone help me with this issue?
    • By Sibelius
      BattleNet Profile
      Looking for some help; was sent here by Blaine.
      I'm at IL 851, 48% crit, 22% mastery. My overall DPS is hanging around 150k to 190k in Mythic+ and The Emerald Nightmare. I'm sure my burst rotation is solid (most the time), but after that I seem to struggle, and I'm hoping for some help, so I can pull about 50k more DPS.
      *Edit: Added better log below.
      Hoping someone can analyze and maybe find some things I'm not doing correctly, so I can work on it.
    • By Agahnim
      Hi all. Looking to reroll from Warlock in 7.1. Looking to start right now. I currently have a priest that I've played for around a decade, but I've always wanted to try mages. Right now, I'm judging them based on viability in Heroic/Mythic Raids and high end mythic dungeons. With the projected buff to shadow priest coming with shadowform coming back adding a flat 10% damage bonus, do you think spriests will be beating fire mages? 

I'm already aware that spriests are weak on mythic+ for lack of aoe, but I have no clue if mages are good at mythic+ either. Just curious if you guys think this 10% boost will bring them up to par. 

tl;dr If I want to do well in mythic raids/dungeons, would you guys recommend shadow priest given the 7.1 buffs, or fire mage?
    • By Agahnim
      Hi all. Looking to reroll from Warlock in 7.1. Looking to start right now. I currently have a priest that I've played for around a decade, but I've always wanted to try mages. Right now, I'm judging them based on viability in Heroic/Mythic Raids and high end mythic dungeons. With the projected buff to shadow priest coming with shadowform coming back with a flat 10% damage bonus, do you think priests will be beating fire mages? 

I'm already aware that spriests are weak on mythic+ for lack of aoe, but I have no clue if mages are good at mythic+ either. Just curious if you guys think this 10% boost will bring them up to par. 

tl;dr If I want to do well in mythic raids/dungeons, would you guys recommend shadow priest given the 7.1 buffs, or fire mage?