Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lalna

Arcane - Prophecy of Fear (Mannoroth Trinket)

3 posts in this topic

Am I correct in thinking this only changes the standard arcane rotation by casting AM off CD?

Is there anything else I should consider changing with this trinket?

Basically whenever the trinket procs, you are going to want to prioritize AM. So even if you are mid burn with arcane power up, instead of spamming arcane blasts you will want to do whatever you can to get as many Arcane missiles into that mark of doom. For your burn rotation you have 2 options. The first option is more safe and consistent.

1. you will get to 4 arcane charges regardless of when mark of doom is applied, then spam all of your arcane missiles and while the missiles are in the are drop your crystal and use arcane power and continue your burn rotation while using any AM procs into the mark while it is active. 

2. the riskier opener. You will use arcane blast 2 times. If mark of doom hasn't been activated then continue with opener 2 otherwise use opener 1. So if you get 2 arcane charges with no mark of doom, drop your Prismatic crystal and use arcane power and burn. You are trying to get the mark to proc on the crystal. If the mark successfully lands on the crystal you will then blow all of your AM procs into the crystal with Arcane power up. however if the mark procs on the boss anyway, then you just weave am's on the boss while casting Arcane blast on the crystal. 

The second opener is slightly more rng based, but it yields much higher burst damage than opener 1 if you can pull it off. hope that makes sense.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fenodoree
      Hi everyone. I've a question, What spect should we roll for 7.1.5?
      So patch notes for 7.1.5 (November the 29th) are out.
      And I have 2 things to remark
      1.Strong buff to Arcane Mana cost for Arcane Blast has been reduced from 125% to 60% per Arcane Charge, since they are mana dependent. This does not apply It Was a tooltip bug.
      2.Almost all fire skills were buffed in damage, Fireball,Flame Blast, PyroBlast, Scorch, FlameStrike, CinderStorm,Meteor,Conflag and Phoenix's Flames. BUT Critical Mass % was reduced from 15% to 10% and Pyretic Incantation was nerfed from 5% per stack  to 2% per stack = 15%  less damage from consecutive Critical Strikes.
      I haven't done the math yet, but since Arcane has gotten a lot of buffs lately, and Fire is getting "balanced" (Since i've no idea how the patch will afect fire dps), and Frost Topping dps in rankings, and with no significant buffs or nerfs in the patch notes i suppose they will stay in tops.
      So if anyone would be so kind to enlighten me what spect you guys think it would be the best for 7.1.5 and why.

• By Flux
      Hi,
      Enjoying arcane alot right now. On the guide on the site (thumbs up for the fast update of the stat priority btw!) usage of Nether Tempest is not mentioned in the opening sequence or the burn phase. Do you apply NT in the burn phase so it can profit from Arcane Power and the Rune or before? According to my own testing, on single target, with 4 Stacks, NT does about the same damage as AB but only uses a GCD, so it should be worth using it with Rune/AP right? 
      btw: What about Mark of Aluneth? In the guide the opening sequence says you should apply it BEFORE Rune/AP, but i don't see the point here aswell, why not use it WITH Rune/AP?
      Maybe NT is worth bcs it can procc Arcane Missiles? The guide says that you can refresh it on 4- seconds left. Why not let it run out? Am I wrong when i say that only the inital cast can procc AM? In this case we should let it run out right?
    • By wsaedmd
      Hello everyone! First of all, thanks a bunch for your awesome guides, I don't know where I would be on my mage or on my shammy main without them :) Secondly, I see that most guides don't yet reflect the changes that the recent nerfs and buffs brought along, so I wanted to ask here about the actual viability of Arcane in a raid environment as of right now. I used to play fire, but I really really didn't like it, and I'd love the possibility to switch to arcane without having to give up my spot :)
    • By Batraaf
      Hello, 
      I was wondering wich mage spec is the best pve spec.
      I've ask a couple of people and in general fire mage is the spec to go they say, but there were also some who said that arcane and frost get some major buffs on the hotfix wednesday, so now I don't know wich spec to choose.
      Can anyone help me with this issue?
    • By krochlikmiov
      This change is going to change a lot of what is currently listed on Icy Veins - Namely stat weights, and BiS listings. I wanted to hear peoples opinions, theory crafting and any other useful input on the upcoming changes. If anyone is able to math this baby up to get some new stat weights for example, that'd save me a headache.