FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hyrelia

Mana usage as Arcane in dungeons

I have a question for Arcane mages that I couldn't find existing guides mention on any website. In dungeons, mana is not typically an issue as a healer because you can just drink/eat in between packs, I mained a healer up until now so that mindset is just ingrained in me. As Arcane Mage, would the same principle apply? Is it optimal to just forgo the conserve part of the rotation and just burn as much as you sustainably can with every  pack, since you can just eat conjured food in between packs, or should you still do conserve/burn phases similar to what you'd do in a raid?

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Hyrelia said:

I have a question for Arcane mages that I couldn't find existing guides mention on any website. In dungeons, mana is not typically an issue as a healer because you can just drink/eat in between packs, I mained a healer up until now so that mindset is just ingrained in me. As Arcane Mage, would the same principle apply? Is it optimal to just forgo the conserve part of the rotation and just burn as much as you sustainably can with every  pack, since you can just eat conjured food in between packs, or should you still do conserve/burn phases similar to what you'd do in a raid?

Thanks.

Yep. 

When I'm running M+ as Arcane, I just drink and then use Shimmer to get to the next pull. No reason to conserve unless you are doing very high M+ with slow pulls that last longer than a single burn phase.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fri/Sat 6:30p-10p PST, Sun 6p-8p PST
      CURRENT PROGRESSION: 3/9M 9/9H
      REQUIREMENTS: iLvl 400+, HoA 40
      PERSONAL LOOT SYSTEM: RCLootCouncil**
      *Sunday is an optional extra day for progression or Heroic runs.
      **All tradeable loot is equally distributed to those who need it. We are trying to gear the raid as a whole so we can progress together.
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      RDPS (pref Spriest/Hunter) DPS spots will be competitive for Mythic.
      ABOUT US
      We are a Horde Mythic progression guild with a goal of Cutting Edge in BFA. Currently we are looking for skilled raiders for the upcoming raid tiers.
      It is highly encouraged for our raiders to be able to play their alternate role offspecs. It is also encouraged to have a secondary character for your current role, so we can have more flexibility, but it isn't required.
      We provide feasts, food, cauldrons, and pots on a first-come first-serve basis for raiders. Feasts and cauldrons will be dropped every raid night.
      GOALS
      We want to establish a group of committed individuals to pursue our main goal of progressing through Mythic content to achieve Cutting Edge. Not at breakneck speed, but at a constant rate of progression.
      Our raiders should be willing to put the effort into clearing Mythic raids, as well as doing sufficient prep-work outside of raid. (M+, expeditions, WQs.) You should know when you should be serious and when you can joke around (i.e. joking around on trash or farm bosses vs being serious on progression).
      Big Brain Boys are first and foremost a raiding guild, putting raiding over guild events or the like. We aren’t a “social” guild, but if you would like to be social then by all means be social.
      JOINING THE BOYS
      Please follow the link below to fill out our app (for both Raiders and Mythic+).
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Dragon Mage guide.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Freeze Mage Deck List Guide.
    • By Orb
      <Banana Hammock> is a social raiding & M+ guild for late night weekend bananas.
      Hours & Days: Friday & Saturday 
      Pacific time: 11pm - 2am Mountain Time: 12am - 3am Central Time: 1am - 4am Eastern Time: 2am - 5am Progression: 
      BOD  9/9 H 1/9 M Uldir 8/8 H 2/8 M Looking for:  
      Ranged DPS 1 Demon Hunter Dps 1 Hybrid (Dps MS/ Heals OS) Guild Info:  <Banana Hammock> is currently looking for exceptional players that are looking for a bit more of a relaxed atmosphere. We are not a Cutting Edge guild, but we are looking for players who want to push beyond AOTC and see how far we get! While we will ask for the standard logs/experience info, we value people we think will be a best fit to make raiding enjoyable. Come be another Banana for our Hammock! 🙂
      If interested in raiding or hanging out with us just message
      B.net:  Nox#1474, Anubismerc#1882, Radjehuty#1804
      Discord: nox#2686

• By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Odd Mage guide.