Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legndary Malygos Dragon Warlock TGT

32 posts in this topic

After the TGT update the list does not contain any Zombie Chows any more, though the guide itself refers to at least one copy of it.

What do you say: Is Chow needed as an answer to early aggression or will Twilight Guardian and Refreshment Vendor suffice?

It always felt a little bit awkward to play Chow in the first place: It kind of gives away that I am playing a Malygos deck and no Handlock, so it would actually be nice, if I could replace it with something less suspicious ...

Mhm, but as I think of it: Turn 4 or 5 the latest my opponent would realize that I am no Handlock ...

I don't understand, why the abusive sergant? Is it because of shadowflame?

Abusive seargent is for shadow flame, helping imp gang boss and imps and maybe even twilight guardian more efficiently trade with minions, plus a possible another body to trade with a 3/2 or 4/2 aggro.

I don't understand, why the abusive sergant? Is it because of shadowflame?

Abusive Sergeant is a very early body against aggressive decks, he helps trade up, makes Shadowflame bigger AND helps Big Game Hunter by buffing minions with 5 or 6 attack power into kill range, e. g. Loatheb or Thaurissan.

1 person likes this

So I was toying around with the notion of adding Chillmaw to this deck, thoughts

Yeah, Chillmaw can do ok, I know some high level players are playing it in this deck right now.

Any strategies or card substitutions for dealing with Paladin Secrets decks and Face Hunters? It seems like making proactive plays against either kind of deck can be next to impossible and that each time I tap I'm just putting myself one turn closer to losing.

You just have to try and tap as little as possible and play out your curve. The deck is capable of doing that, but as with any deck, it has its rough matchups.

the guide still mentions imp gang boss but he is not in the deck. also, how about a siphon soul for the second BGH?

Imp Gang Boss is in the deck.

Siphon is fine if you're not seeing too many BGH targets.

Not necessary, no real synergy, puts a BGH target in a deck that has none.

This deck gets destroyed in ranked, facehunters thank you every time you lifetap, and control pallys and mages shit down your throat..not to mention other warlock decks demolish this one in aggressiveness. Having much better luck with midrange shaman/pally and discard zoolock...guess malygos warlock just cant cut it right now.

I am using this deck, just have Rend in place of one BGH and i have just lost my 12th game in a ROW. I have been following the strategy to the letter, and even with the best possible mulligan i lost every game. Ever game i play is against some type of face deck with massive aggression, or superior minion trade, and i am only rank 18....

"Superior minion trade" surprises me. This deck can get punished by the outright aggression of something like Face Hunter, but in terms of board competition, it's one of the most efficient decks in the game. Things like Implosion, Blackwing, Twilight Guardians etc are just such efficient cards compared to what other people can play.

1 person likes this

If your opponent can keep pace with your minion trading and are playing control, they will have a hard removal for malygos(The odds of you getting malygos and your win condition spells all at once combined with thaurisan are very low), if you are playing aggainst an aggressive deck by the time malygos is out you will be at around 8 health...not too good for a deck i had such high hopes for, and the removal is counterproductive when you end up getting milled and your opponent has more  minions left over after youve exhausted your entire deck in the most efficient way possible, took me from rank 13 to 16 because i was excited when i got my second legendary that had a deck on icy....feels bad man sad.png

It's made clear in the guide that Malygos is just a bonus win condition, it's not something that you have to rely on, especially against aggressive tempo decks. I'm still really surprised that you feel like you're losing on card for card value. Feel free to post up a video of an example game if you can, i'd love to see it.

Did anyone reach rank Legend with this deck?

Strifecro did with one or two cards different Malylock.

Yeah Malygos Warlock has been part of the meta for a few seasons now, even before TGT.

I saw 2 Voidwalker in Strifecro's deck, should I? I mean people play aggro a lot more now

I saw 2 Voidwalker in Strifecro's deck, should I? I mean people play aggro a lot more now

Most of the players prefer Zombie Chows over Voidwalker, I don't think it will be that strong, but you might give it a shot.