FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Vengeance Demon Hunter Leveling

Guest abilities are wrong

when you adjust the scale some abilites are wrong i.e your guide says we dont unlock sigil of mysery until 21 i have it already at 17 there are a few others i cant rememebr but theyre in a wrong order.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:24 AM, Guest abilities are wrong said:

when you adjust the scale some abilites are wrong i.e your guide says we dont unlock sigil of mysery until 21 i have it already at 17 there are a few others i cant rememebr but theyre in a wrong order.

Thanks. The PTR had Demon  Hunter in all different orders. I leveled to 13 and it was all wrong compared to now. I made a few updates. I will keep an eye out for any errors. Thanks!

Guest Maelagan

"Level 10 — Shear will generate 10 Fury and spawn 1 soul."

Looks like this ability has been renamed Demon's Bite. Or does Demon's Bite become Shear later on?

On 9/8/2022 at 6:57 PM, Guest Maelagan said:

"Level 10 — Shear will generate 10 Fury and spawn 1 soul."

Looks like this ability has been renamed Demon's Bite. Or does Demon's Bite become Shear later on?

Demon's bite is a havoc ability. Vengeance only gets Shear which becomes fracture later if you take the talent (and you should take the talent). 

Uncommon Patron

I appreciate the quick updates for Shadowlands, but I'm confused on the talents recommended during levelling, and the significant change of talents for level 60, both in the Easy Mode and other Talent page... all are written by the same author at the same time, but there's no mention of switching, or why the significant change of talents.  Especially since moving the slider to 60 here doesn't give the same suggestions.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated!

6 hours ago, Bobkatt said:

I appreciate the quick updates for Shadowlands, but I'm confused on the talents recommended during levelling, and the significant change of talents for level 60, both in the Easy Mode and other Talent page... all are written by the same author at the same time, but there's no mention of switching, or why the significant change of talents.  Especially since moving the slider to 60 here doesn't give the same suggestions.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated!

Hi there,

The main reasoning for the difference in leveling talents and talents upon reaching 60 during the pre-patch comes down to two things.
While leveling you don't have access to the plethora of things available upon reaching 60. That is Legendaries and Soulbinds, both of which heavily skews talents in one direction.
While leveling having many burst damage talents are generally also preferred due to spending lots of time travelling short to medium distances this allows you to use these burst cooldowns most of the times when engaging enemies.

These things in general are why the talents are so different between the pages.

• Thanks 1

Guest Cavebear
On 1/9/2023 at 8:04 AM, Meyra said:

Hello there,

There is a page that goes into rotation. Linking it below.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/vengeance-demon-hunter-pve-tank-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

That rotation is for levelling after 60. The rotation on that page uses talents we don’t even have yet so I have no idea where to begin. The other classes I play have a levelling rotation just underneath the level slider. Can we have that please?