Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Archimage
      Wanted to share this:

• By Pandacho
      First of all, let's cover uploading your own logs:
      1. Go to the WCL site and sign up. You now would be able to upload your logs, logging in with your username or via Battlenet after linking your account:

2. In order to upload the logs, you will need a client application. Download it here. 
      3. Before starting to log, you have to enable Advanced Combat Logging. Without it being enabled you wouldn't be able to see a lot of vital details like ilvl, talents, gear, artifact traits or resources that are written separately for every fight.
      Go to Game Menu (in game) > System > Network. Tick Advanced Combat Logging

4. To enable combat logging in game, go to your chat window and type /combatlog. Now everything you and the players and enemies around you do will be written to a file called WoWCombatLog.txt. The file is sitting in WoW directory > Logs. When you want to stop logging, type /combatlog again or just exit the game.
      5. There are two ways you can choose to log. The first is to upload the entire log file after the raid is over. The second way is Live Logging. In this mode you will see the fight on the site right after it ends so can study wipes immediately to see what went wrong.
      You can enable Live Logging in WCL uploader before the raid starts:

If you don't need Live Logging, open the WCL uploader after the raid and choose the first option 'Upload a Log'.

Now, what you can search for on the WCL site?
      Pressing the button in the left upper corner will allow you to browse through all the logged raid fights, their rankings and statistics:

Very useful option here is to search for the fights with specific filters.
      For example I want to know whether my guild would be able to kill Heroic Odyn or we'd better farm more HC EM to gear up. So I'm going to check how many guilds in Europe were able to kill Heroic Odyn in 15-man composition with 3 healers while their ilvl was not higher than 878 during the last week:
      We will go to the left upper dropdown menu and choose Odyn Rankings. This is the window we'll get:

Now we should filter our options by clicking on the 'Search' button:

After applying the search filter we'll get a list of raid teams that were able to kill HC Odyn in our composition:

Here you go! There are more than enough kills, you shouldn't worry and may even check some logs for fight or comp tips.
      Another very useful feature is to check for usage of a specific gear piece, ability, talent or even enchant. For example, there was a problem with Mark of the Claw enchant not working for resto druids. It was announced recently that the bug was fixed and now it works as intended. It is an expensive enchant so I'd like to check whether it really works before changing to it.
      In WCL we can filter the usage of a specific ability, so I'll search for Resto Druids in EU region that were using Mark of the Claw enchant during the last week in the Odyn fight and check whether the enchant proc'ed for them. Type the ability name in the search window:

Now you will receive a list of resto druids that used the Mark:

Then you can open a specific log and check how much the enchant procs during the fight:

There is another kind of search in WCL too: you can look for a specific player, guild or realm logs.
      Choosing a player will bring you to their Rankings window.
      You should note that the initial window will show you DPS rankings for the highest recorded difficulty in the most current content, no matter what's the player's role in raid (dps/healer/tank).
      So if I am a healer and want to check my healing performance in HC EM rather than Mythic EM or HC ToV, I have to apply new filters:

You can click now on any boss and see specific logs for every fight.
      If you are searching logs for a guild, you will be redirected to their Calendar so you'd be able to choose one of the raid days. Hovering your mouse above these days will allow you to see the fights list:

If you can't recall the guild name, searching the realm will bring you a list of all the active guilds (those using WCL) there.
    • By Xanah
      Guild: Dawn of the Dead | http://www.dotd.org   Faction: Horde | Server: Zul'jin (PvE) | Timezone: EST   Current Progression: 4/7M Emerald Nightmare   We've been raiding max size raids continuously since WoW has been released and are the only guild to have done so here on Zul'jin. We have strong leadership, no drama, and plans to keep raiding for years to come. Unlike many guilds, we're not recruiting for the short term, and we don't over-recruit.   Website: www.dotd.org   Raid Times: Our schedule is 8-11 EST Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.   Needs: We are a small guild, and we expect high attendance. As such, we recruit people to raid, and desire people who can step in and contribute immediately. We don’t recruit people to sit around, so all spots are for raiders who can expect to be in most every raid.   We are currently looking to add skilled and reliable:   2-3 Melee DPS
      High: Enhancement Shaman
      Low: WW Monk, DH
      3-4 Ranged DPS
      High: Hunter, Shadow Priest
      Low: Elemental Shaman, Balance Druid
      1 Healer
      High: Disc Priest, Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin
        ALL exceptional applicants will be considered regardless of the class.   What we ask of you:   Effort: Not all applicants come from highly progressed guilds, and that’s okay, but it does mean that you need to be prepared. We recruit the player, not the gear, but we do ask that you have some current experience and be a minimum iLvl of 725. You need to have the best gear available to you, (BoE, Crafted) with gems and top end enchants. You also need to be able to display an understanding of your class mechanics, role in a raid, and ability to learn new fights.   Attitude: It’s a game. We play for fun. How you fit in with the guild is taken very seriously. We’re a bunch of mostly 18-30 guys and girls who have fun playing together. While we have a good time, we also know when it’s time to buckle down and work hard.   Skill: The best way to determine skill is to see you in a raid. Because we don’t wish to have anyone transfer that we’re not serious about, be able to express your knowledge of your class and why you’re an exceptional player who would be an asset and is worth a shot. Gear will come with time. Skill will not. Impress us with your knowledge of your class and gameplay mechanics. Feel free to share any logs, theorycrafting, or other work you've done.   Commitment: We make a commitment to you, and ask you to do the same to us. A raid takes a team of more than 20 individuals working together. We rely on you to show up to raids, research your class and new fights, respect your fellow players, and notify us when you are unavailable. You rely on us for gear, experience, and coordination. It's a large investment of our time to train and gear new players, and we ask the same investment on your part so that we can each benefit.   We have a variety of informational resources available to prospective applicants on our web site: http://www.dotd.org-- please refer to our "Applications" forum for detailed information. Also feel free to visit us on WoWProgresss for more information and kill videos! http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...wn+of+the+Dead   Should you wish to speak to someone in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out to an officer directly, whisper Xanah (Xana#1662), Taladros (Rallion#11635) or Jeare (Jeare#1759).   We look forward to hearing from you soon!  
    • By Sparkmonth
      I'm currently using Bloodthirsty Instinct (865) and Eye of Command (860). These two trinkets have worked up a good job so far but today I got Tirathon's Betrayal (880) from the bounty cache. Do you think I should change my Eye of Command with it? Kinda in the dilemma here. Any help is appreciated!
    • By ChuckAlgren
      I hereby present you with the truth of the Bash Barbarian.                Email me any questions regarding D3, not my own snake or my GF's nudes.
                                                                                                                              On: danhibikisan@gmail.com           (For Gear details see video below)
      Yes, YOU can clear GR70 and more with a Bash Barbarian, 3 25+ gems and NO augments without too much of a hassle.
      "But I tried and I failed, HOW DID YOU DO IT?!"  You might ask.
      Well Timmy, this is it:
      Gear wise, the stuff you need, although in my video you will notice that I did not even have the best stuff YET, so it is not a big thing until later. Hence this is a good build considering the "lack" of good gear "needed" versus high GR clearance.
      I found that the most important thing is survival, because I solely play on Hardcore and yes, much like a boss.
      I have a GF, a job, studies, two snakes and a big interest in real instruments like the electric guitar or the piano, notice how I mentioned "real". Why is this important to notice? Not the instruments Timmy, but my other hobbies? (GF included)
      It is important because I do not have all the time in the world, I do not find any joy in "grinding" stuff out or doing "cookie-cutter" builds that everyone does because everyone does them.

TLDR: (Still quite long mind you[but packed with more info per word{this is how you use all these btw}])
      How: You need large packs of monsters *shocker*, preferably large monsters because they give more progress, the more "small" monsters you attract the longer you should wait to engage until you have found a sufficient amount of large monsters or non-flighty elites. This depends on your map-layout: if it has labyrinth-style layout simply run to next map asap and only stop if you encounter a clutter of elite packs; The type of monsters also the decision to train them or if skelesnores, discard them, if phantasm (where the f*** did my 10 elite pack go) and similar stuff.
      WHY: You will GIBB small monsters in groups, this is bad because it gives little progress and a lot of big leftovers, this is why you want the many small monsters in groups with as many big monsters/elites as you can find since Battle Rage: Bloodshed has the possibility of killing the tough guys almost as fast as a hundred spiderlings on one pixel.
      IF: The big guys/elites don't die in the first gathering of trained mobs, just keep training them, unless they are melting to your damage it is more effecient to keep stacking pack after pack until you can almost gibb those pesky porkchoppers, just be careful with effect-stacking elites like...

LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!