FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Things in WoW that make you cringe

Yeah you probably need to ask them first if they're gonna kick you and if they say no then the GMs can do something about, similar to loot rules before the boss.

I don't think it works like this for kicking. Since the reason for kicking someone can arise at any point in the dungeon run, their agreement made at the start of the run not to kick them wouldn't really be binding.

Well GMs could maybe investigate did you really deserve that or was it just because of greed... not sure bleh you made a good point.

Well GMs could maybe investigate did you really deserve that or was it just because of greed... not sure bleh you made a good point.

I don't know what the rules are for "what is a valid reason for kicking players", but I believe that there are no rules, and that any kick is valid for any reason or no reason. It's a "majority decides" system. The only exception is that, I believe, it is not allowed to blackmail people to give you something in exchange for not kicking them.

I can't stand the kicking system either. The first time I did Zul'Gurub heroic after Patch 4.1 was released, it was me, two guys from the same guild and two random people who kept changing because of disconnections. After many wipes on the last boss (and many many more in the entire instance), the two random people disconnected again, so I tried to explain the other two what they were doing wrong and they kicked me.

• Like 1

Scripted events in heroic dungeons that you cannot skip. They're especially irritating when you've had the place on farm for ages and just want to speed through it. It makes me want to tear my hair out.

And in the same vein, bosses with multiple fight phases (especially when they disappear or go immune) that make it a drag to power through even when over-gearing. I remember rejoicing when they removed a bunch of these phase changes for the old WoTLK dungeons.

• Like 1

Think the worst for scripted stuff was Culling of Stratholme before they gave the option of skipping. Used to drive me crazy as well!

Nooo the bit in DS before ultra! That just goes on and on and on... a skip at that bit would be loverly! It's pretty much an opportunity for a quickie tea break.

I cannot stand the folk that complain in Battlegrounds. When we aren't doing so well, these folk call us noobs and say that we "fuckin suck." Instead of playing, they just give up and start yapping. It's even worse when they start calling us "retard."

I wish I didn't have to play with children like that.

• Like 1

The most cringy thing is my roll ! The most shit thing is i killed deathwing more than 6times and got rathrak aftr 7th time with the Blazing drake ! Nice combo that was !

- Bitching in PvP or raids or dungeons

- People abusing the kick system

- Obviously blatent fake dc's

- People begging for gold

- People emo'ing

• Like 2

- People emo'ing

Generally agree with you HOWEVER if the /e is used to emote something genuinely funny I am in complete support and must say can be guilty on occasion.

/roll 1. That makes me cringe too...

I remembered something else that I can't stand. It's all these people who undercut by huge margins and drive the prices down like crazy.

Generally agree with you HOWEVER if the /e is used to emote something genuinely funny I am in complete support and must say can be guilty on occasion.

/roll 1. That makes me cringe too...

Oh, no no not emoting, I love a good emoting! ;)

I mean people throwing a strop and leaving for no reason etc :D

• Like 1

Things that make me cringe;;

1. Beggars. Doesn't matter what level you are, nobody likes a beggar. And nodoby likes to give away their hard earned gold that can easily be earned though old content raid, dungeon runs, daylies, quests. Virtually anything.

2. People who roll on gear they don't need. Yeah I'm looking at you LFR people! xD But it does peeve me off when people do roll on the tier sets, and don't even need the peice. Then they try to justify themselves by saying, "Oh I'm rolling for my OS." Doesn't matter to me, if you roll for OS, que for OS.

3. Guilds that don't do anything with their members. In all honesty, I don't think any people like this. They join a guild, thinking that things will be alright and then they are ignored and nobody does anything with them.

And finally..

4. Gnomes. Gnomes just plain creep me out.

• Like 1

I'd like to add people that pretend they know what they are doing in a pug and refuse to come on vent 'because they have definatly done this and know what they are doing'. Then they wipe everybody because they don't stack on the spine even though you are typing stack stack stack stack like a maniac. Or 'yeh my gear isn't totally pve/gemmed/enchanted but it's cool I can do xx dps and yes honest I can press the button on ultra'. Then die because they don't click the button. Then they waste a CR because they die AGAIN from not pressing the darn button...

I don't mind taking a pug who doesn't know what they are doing if they pop on vent so I can talk them through it. I don't even need them to talk back. I don't even mind wiping when they make a mistake. It's all good if they are actually trying as that is how you learn.

(I like gnomes better than dwarfs)

(shh don't tell anyone, it's a secret shame)

All those people who say "plox", though this seems to have gone out of fashion :P

• Like 1

Doing Looking For Raid on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Never, ever, again ! The amount of facepalms gives me a headache... ;)

• Like 1

All those people who say "plox", though this seems to have gone out of fashion Posted Image

Is that another way of saying please? Where the hell did plox come from?

Doing Looking For Raid on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Never, ever, again ! The amount of facepalms gives me a headache... Posted Image

You sure you didnt mean Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday as well? :P

Is that another way of saying please? Where the hell did plox come from?

Yes it is. No idea where it came from.

Yes it is. No idea where it came from.

It's very annoying. Along with 'brah'. I am not an item of underwear. Wow is not ghetto. What is it all about (brah)?

Saying 'idd' in real life. Or imba. I'm bad for it after a few when I forget I'm with real people.

• Like 1

Sadly living with housemates that played WoW then with the wife that plays wow, things like "idd" etc crop up far too often!

I hate being called "priest" or any other class that im playing on. I have a name, not too hard!

• Like 1

It's very annoying. Along with 'brah'. I am not an item of underwear. Wow is not ghetto. What is it all about (brah)?

Saying 'idd' in real life. Or imba. I'm bad for it after a few when I forget I'm with real people.

Don't forget the saying lol aswell....very cringe worthy!

I have to admit, people calling you by class name is very annoying and I have been known on occasion to point it out as politely as I can (which sometimes isn't very polite).

You know what else really grinds my gears? People spelling rogue wrong - how do they do this? It makes me want to reach through the computer screen and slap them. Hard.

There's a guy on our server at the moment who has a macro for trade to look for groups for DS. He spells healer wrong - haeler. It makes me do a mini rage whenever I see it. No amount of people telling him he is wrong makes him change it. He is officially a douche!

• Like 1

Ok Damien seriously.....never heard of plox and then I pug tonight and this guy starts saying it...wtf ! :P

• Like 2