FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Things in WoW that make you cringe

Ok Damien seriously.....never heard of plox and then I pug tonight and this guy starts saying it...wtf ! Posted Image

Little do you know that it is Damien who is the pug...

I don't like the current DW bug that lands you in the water. I'm currently looking at the sky... not the place to RL from!

• Like 1

Things that make me cringe;;

1. Beggars. Doesn't matter what level you are, nobody likes a beggar. And nodoby likes to give away their hard earned gold that can easily be earned though old content raid, dungeon runs, daylies, quests. Virtually anything.

2. People who roll on gear they don't need. Yeah I'm looking at you LFR people! xD But it does peeve me off when people do roll on the tier sets, and don't even need the peice. Then they try to justify themselves by saying, "Oh I'm rolling for my OS." Doesn't matter to me, if you roll for OS, que for OS.

3. Guilds that don't do anything with their members. In all honesty, I don't think any people like this. They join a guild, thinking that things will be alright and then they are ignored and nobody does anything with them.

And finally..

4. Gnomes. Gnomes just plain creep me out.

Agree with all of those points BUT we do plenty of thing with our members - we organise fabulous drunken weekends and everyone has tonnes of fun <shameless plug>

• Like 1

Second part of Looking for Raid 2 hours before reset.

2 wipes on Ultraxion trash

2 wipes on Ultraxion

1 wipe on Blackhorn

3 wipes on Spine

5 wipes on madness and no kill, the servers went down during the 6th try. we wiped 4 times due to enrage :(

I have a pretty high tolerance for people, mostly because I'm on an RP server as a roleplayer and you need to have pretty high tolerance unless you wish to plunge a fork into your eye repeatedly. But I do have a few things which make me cringe.

LFR - people rolling on gear only for trading, or even disenchanting. I abhor selfish behaviour in an MMO, well, anywhere really.

And one specific example. People on the blob guy in LFR often do not know the blob prio. Which is okay, it can happen (although I would personally never venture into any sort of raid without knowing tactics). But then people start saying the raid leader (who is often unintentionally the raid leader) should tell them what to kill and that they don't need to know the prio because it's not their job to know, it's the raid leader's. That's where my patience kind of leaves me :)

People calling others noobs for not being completely familiar with their class. We're at a point in WoW where everyone seems to feel that the game has been around long enough for everyone to know everything. But they simply don't. Patience and kindness get you very far. I wish people would be more kind to others.

Lastly, and I do understand this is a bit of... well elitist in a way, I get that, and I try to just hold it all in. But roleplayers who roleplay horribly do get to me. I am not talking about spelling and grammar, I respect not everyone's first language being English (it is not mine either). But just horrible lore rape or calling Arthas your daddy, that does annoy me. But you know, I'm annoyed from afar :D

LFR - people rolling on gear only for trading, or even disenchanting. I abhor selfish behaviour in an MMO, well, anywhere really.

And one specific example. People on the blob guy in LFR often do not know the blob prio. Which is okay, it can happen (although I would personally never venture into any sort of raid without knowing tactics). But then people start saying the raid leader (who is often unintentionally the raid leader) should tell them what to kill and that they don't need to know the prio because it's not their job to know, it's the raid leader's. That's where my patience kind of leaves me Posted Image

I actually downloaded an announce addon for that fight when my guild was working on it on HM. I forgot it had a LFR setting so it'll scream which ooze is priority. The LFR I was in last night still couldn't figure it out after the addon spammed raid warnings on which ooze to kill.

Some people it seems just want to watch the world burn.

I had that as well! I downloaded it for 10m heroic, and forgot that I still had it. So I was tanking, getting ready to actually do the announcement, and it pops up. Now, firstly, because I am a good person I use the Icy Veins order for LFR, and someone was asking 'hey isn't that the heroic order'. I thought maybe it hadn't reset properly, but no, it was the right order, people just can't accept that green is harmless on lfr.

Then there was a person constantly asking in raid how people knew what blob to kill. The addon says the colour THREE times in a row and then gives instruction on whether to stack and such. I mean... that's 4 lines of spam (and I was raidleader so it was quite clear). And still the guy was like; 'hey, people, how do you know what to kill?'. I whispered him but I did worry a bit that he was trolling, cause that seemed a bit off :D

• Like 1

I had some priest in my LFR last night that was all "I WILL DO IT! I WILL ANNOUNCE THE OOZE COLOR!"

I was all, "No, you wont."

4 seconds later it announced the first kill and he was all "yeah...you win."

I'm still contemplating editing the lua file for that addon on LFR to just yell "KILL GREEN OR THE SERVERS WILL CRASH" for every color combo. Even if green isn't up.

• Like 2

Awww come on guys, LFR is for cool people leave them all alone!

...all my respect for you is gone! Haha.

I was in a group for an hour the other day and then realised that it wasn't worth it. So I decided to sensibly go to bed. It was a good call.

...all my respect for you is gone! Haha.

I was in a group for an hour the other day and then realised that it wasn't worth it. So I decided to sensibly go to bed. It was a good call.

You never had any respect!! ;) But erm I was joking, honestly!

What really annoys me is when I am afking in Stormwind on a mount and some random idiot decides to mount up right on top of me... what the hell is that all about?

What really annoys me is when I am afking in Stormwind on a mount and some random idiot decides to mount up right on top of me... what the hell is that all about?

You must be very attractive ;)

• Like 1

LFR... Pretty much every aspect of it. Whether it's the hunter that decides to MD pull while everyone is getting mana, people need rolling on gear they dont need, 100% failure to follow any sort of fight mechanic, wiping numerous times on a boss then watching everyone play the blame game... But Blizz did do a great job at managing to get a large number of genuine terrible players in the same place at the same time, so kudos to that.

actually, i think LCSscallywag is right! Stormwind IS mostly filled with perv's......

I always thought that was Goldshire? Hard to perv at a troll / Orc though. Ally have those sexy female dwarf dumplings! Too many horde on this forum for my liking ;) I still get lost around Orgrimmar

LFR... Pretty much every aspect of it. Whether it's the hunter that decides to MD pull while everyone is getting mana, people need rolling on gear they dont need, 100% failure to follow any sort of fight mechanic, wiping numerous times on a boss then watching everyone play the blame game... But Blizz did do a great job at managing to get a large number of genuine terrible players in the same place at the same time, so kudos to that.

I have to agree with most of this. The need rolling on gear that you don't want or need especially irks me. I have witnessed far too many people needing on gear, only for you to whisper them a gz and they reply that they don't actually need the gear, they just want it to sell... Posted Image

I don't MD pull bosses, though the same can't be said for my husband when he plays on his hunter alt Posted ImagePosted Image

To be fair, I haven't had too many bad LFR groups I think. Though my motto is that a quick game is a good game.

I dislike anything that takes forever for no reason. Exceptionally long times for the tank to pull in dungeons or LFR is also quite annoying. All that being said though, I think I am just easily annoyed Posted Image

Edited by Neridae

Listening to 3 women on Vent trying to tame a rare pet. For the love of god kill me now

Let us never speak of this again...

• Like 1

actually, i think LCSscallywag is right! Stormwind IS mostly filled with perv's......

This is true, and why I moved to hordies =)

Though I got to love the night back in vanilla my bff and I drank a bottle of vodka* each and then ran about in stormwind at 3am 'LF men; WTB men'. Funny story... she ended up dating one of them. Now she's married to someone else but still it's clearly a sucessful pulling technique!

*not an advisable volume of alchol to drink, and in no way would I endorse or recomend this quanitity.

• Like 1

Gnomes also make me cringe.

The Gnome Male /dance animation. THAT is cringeworthy.