FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Things in WoW that make you cringe

First things first, lets try and keep this thread clean and abuse free! Make it light hearted and lets have a laugh!

Redcross commenting on a Level 85 warlock begging for 300g made me totally cringe, and surprisingly made me think of another useless warlock.

This guy would never EVER use the auction house. For anything. He would always farm his own mats, even if they were only 10silver each on the AH. He would spend hours and hours of game time doing things for 3-4g worth of mats when he could have done one daily quest and used the gold to buy them and STILL make a profit and save himself 3hours of boredom.

I once posted him the mats that he was farming (it was painful to watch) and he sent them straight back.

To make it worse, he then said he had no time to grind reps / run dungeons to imrpove his gear and then complained why he never raided.

Do you have any cringe worthy experiences?!

Edited by Peelyon
  • Like 1

Everyone was a new player once, but some people seem to never learn how to play. What makes me cringe the most are ::

• Beggers - especially high level beggers .. there's simply no excuse for it.
  • People not knowing their class in heroic instances. example, A druid needing on strength gear, using strength gems / enchants.
  • Trade spammers / trolls. Children will be children I know... but that doesn't excuse it.
  • Ninjas. Again, there is absolutely no excuse for it yet it is very prominent in levelling dungeons.

Back in Vanilla... after 2 months of playing constantly my dad saying 'ah erm how do you trade' followed by 'what? what's an auction house'. Giving some reason to the fact he had about 40s in his pocket... Classic really!

Was just in a 5 man where a lock won need on a healing trink. He tired to defend himself with 'I need it because haste is good for me and I have a str trink at the moment'. Since the haste buff only working after using a HEALING spell I pointed out it probably wouldn't be much use. He didn't justify having a str trinket...

I really got peeved at a ninja that nabbed some hunter pvp loot - lost the roll but took it anyway. Bliz said although he said MS>OS roll; because he didnt specify the HIGHEST roll won then it was fair. I still plan to have a raid where lowest roll wins...

The main thing for me is lvl 85s who roll on gear that they don't need.

Druids roll on strength. Casters rolling on healing/spirit gear.

I understand this at lower levels, but to make it all the way to 85 without ever looking at your character stats and seeing what is ideal kind of makes my brain hurt.

Gnomes also make me cringe.

Just out of DS and I would like to add I really hate when you get a pug; spent ages looking; there is only one to suppliment your group and will be tricky to replace; and they think because of this they can act like a total jerk. I don't see the point of going on a guild run and then just insulting everyone that is in there. It makes a bad reputation not just for yourself as a player but for your guild. It also means that you are less likely to be invited back not just to a run with that group but to one with any of those core players.

It also pretty much ruins the night for the rest of the people there. Really gets to me... Which is why generally I don't pug but sometimes it is unavoidable to take one of those things allong...

(on the flip side you sometimes get someone that is really really loverly sadly this happens less frequently)

Sadly Alierya chances are the person is pugging because the guild they are in either encourage that type of player or are useless anyway.

Diablo and the last patch of the expansion is crippling some small guilds, and weve started to pugging half a raid group at times. Almost not worth the hassle and the effort.

Think I generally go through 99 players before you find 1 that you may actually want to recruit!

• Like 1

It does happen more often with characters from big guilds. This was an odd one as it is a smaller guild and I have previously had enjoyable runs with them, which is why it was rather off.

We haven't had too much of an impact from d3 however a guild we often work with/raid with has gone under. In actual fact our rec has gone up if anything.

I'd say probably go through about 20 or so, but I prefer to do it either by applicant or friends of members... taking pugs on rarely works out! It is difficult though. Our problem is reliability of new members.

I can't stand the fact that I can't fly directly from Eastern Kingdom to Kalimdor.

I can't stand the "You are mounted" messages.

• Like 3

I hate it that using the portals in Stormwind to go to deepholm, or Uldum or any other cata zone dismounts me.

I would also love to be able to 'explore', just fly over the ocean to find small uninhabited islands with palm trees, treasures, pirates, white beaches...

• Like 1

I hate it that using the portals in Stormwind to go to deepholm, or Uldum or any other cata zone dismounts me.

I would also love to be able to 'explore', just fly over the ocean to find small uninhabited islands with palm trees, treasures, pirates, white beaches...

I cringe when I accidentally click on the portal to Uldum and realizing there is no portal to get back, unlike everywhere else.

• Like 1

I was tanking a dungeon yesterday on my 83 DK. We killed Corla in BRC, and she dropped the wand with hit on it. A mage and the disc priest rolled on it. The mage won and the disc priest went on a rant about how it was the third time that wand had been ninja'd from them.

Now I understand it was an upgrade, but as far as ninjaing goes, needing on a hit wand when you're a caster dps is not ninjaing, I'm sorry. Just irked me.

Being told my 6/8H Holy Priest alt wasn't allowed to come to a 4/8H pug because his ilvl is only 388, not 390+ like they wanted.

Similarly, although I'm not sure if these problems are isolated to big servers like Mal'Ganis Horde - US, I saw someone demanding a 380+ ilvl for a BWD (yes, the Tier 11 raid) quick xmog run. His ilvl was 334. I'm sure he cared about his xmog LONG before he cared about being able to contribute in dungeons and LFR.

• Like 2

People who aren't real about their capabilities, a big part of my friends is like that. They all think they're far better players than what they really are and in the end - it's only them who turn out disappointed and quitting.

**just got kicked from a ZA run that was otherwise with some random guild... they waited till it was over, then kicked before the scouts were release so I couldn't roll on the stuff.**

(very irritated, reported, and I know who you are killrogg cheats!)

Doubt the can really, sadly they used the kick ability which means they will be protected. Is a shame that the community has plenty of players like that and it's a problem with doing stuff without your known friends!

Yeah you probably need to ask them first if they're gonna kick you and if they say no then the GMs can do something about, similar to loot rules before the boss.

I'm guessing so. I reported them anyways as it may count as abusing a game mechanic... I'm guessing nothing will be done, at most they'll get a short ban.

Which of course you will never know about and will never know if they do it again to another person....grrr, I'd love to know that people are banned etc, at least you see the system working then.

• Like 1

How do you know if you got the right amount of A's and H's, bet their rival guild A-Ha is taking a beating!

• Like 1

You called your guild, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ?

lol .. 10 / 10 for originality I guess Posted Image

Not my guild Posted Image Just a random one with some good PvPers, after Gamesense almost fell apart a couple of new guilds have been made and I didn't really like any of those, and the GM of this one is the best player and person I know so works for me. Posted Image