FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T15 Warlock Style - Normal & Heroic

That is going to hold you back like no other when you get to Heroic mode. I highly suggest some manner of kiting the boss and staying buffed by killing oozes.

That's how we started, but now we are a sated bunch of couch potato, TV watching zombies.

I tested Soul Link in many bosses at Normal Mode and I can affirm that is pretty much amazing in many fights.

At Durumu your dmg taken from Laser phase it's pretty low, at Iron Qon I took 2kk less dmg than the others dps.

LEI Shen it's great too, to mitigate Static Shock with other players. The AOE Healing in Melee will top your life every time and phase 3 you will take less dmg from winds.

Tortos it's probably good too, but I use S.pact because I forget to change it.

Any fight with constant AOE dmg Soul Link output Sacrifical Pact IMO.

Edited by JvChequer

First off, sorry to hear about your condition. Not sure how to theorycraft around that type of affect on raiding, but I don't think reforging full Haste is a good idea. If it's likely you can't spam, then going full Haste will only make your problem worse. If you're having issues pressing button's quickly, then slow up your play and put more into Mastery so that they hit harder. It should even out your time delays.

Zagam, in the name of science I had to let you know that this totally worked for me. I went from stacking full haste (over 10k) to Mast>Haste>=Crit and finally topped a chart again with 126k on Twin Consorts (and no one beats our Enh.Shammy). Movement fights still give me trouble, I dropped to 106k on our Lei Shin kill, but our tank is sending me a gaming mouse so I can strafe without having to move my hand around (helluva guy). I cant be the only one with a problem like this so I wanted anyone who does have coordination/hand issues know that this really worked for me. I may not be as good as I used to be, but now I feel like I'm as good as I CAN be.
  • Like 3

Glad to hear it, buddy! Best of luck in further progression.

They always did, but I didn't know that Wild Imps and Doomguard don't, that's lame.

(ALL) - use Grimoire of Sacrifice as pets do not benefit from the pools mostly because they are meleeing the boss. Exception: Imp. Even still, having to manually move him into pools (not sure if he benefits anyways) would take time and be a DPS loss. Using Sacrifice gives you the passive health regen helpful for this fight as well as buffing your stacked CDs while in a pool.

I suppose that needs changing then.

Probaly worth mentioning on Lei shen that double felstorm and two chaos waves to the face will insta-kill the small adds.

This would be doable only on every 3rd/4th set. Not a reliable strat for consistent burst and you'd need to coordinate with other burst AoE in order to not have various time spent on them. Better option, if your AoE is needed on these adds, is to take Supremacy for the 20% better Wrathstorm and pull your HoG charges to double Chaos Wave.

They always did, but I didn't know that Wild Imps and Doomguard don't, that's lame.

I suppose that needs changing then.

For as long as I can remember, any fight with 'buff' mechanics usually ignores your pet. Anytime you have something like this, it's almost always better to use Grim of Sac. Can you imagine how much better we would have been against Al'Akir or Alysrazor if we could have sacrificed our pets because Blizz failed to give them some platform to DPS?

Anyways, for Jin'rokh, I tested the Imps and Doom/Terrorguard and found they received no 40% buff. These kinds of things have always seemed...for lack of a better term, inconsistent with other mechanics. Now debuffs usually are set and ready to accomdoate pets, but floor buffs have never gotten me excited. I've tested both by using Grim of Service one week, Supremacy another week, and Sacrifice a third. With Service and Supremacy, I never got Focused Lightning and pushed around 210-220k. With Grim of Sacrifice, I got Focused Lightning 5 out of the possible 6 times keeping me out of the pool a lot and I did 203k. I'll be using Sacrifice again this week and seeing if RNG is good to me to test the difference. Going back into my logs the past 2 weeks, I don't see any highly variable damage hits from my Imps or Wrathguard indicating they received the 40% buff.

Are u guys using any specific macros for Council hc?I mean It'll be kinda hard to put 100% crit Doom on all 4 bosses within that 4 sec window at pull.We are gonna progress on this fight tomorrow,so if you can share your experiences or give any tips it'll be much appreciated :)

I just wing it and try to keep tabs on who needs a Doom refresh more. Otherwise ElvUI helps me to see the duration of Doom over their health bar, much like TidyPlates does.

#showtooltip

/stopcasting

/use [form:0]Metamorphosis;[form:1]

/use [@boss1] corruption

Make 4 similar macros with boss1, boss2, boss3, boss4, bind them at 4 close buttons mine are F1 to F4, when Perfect Aim procs, F1-F2-F3-F4, and you have 4 Dooms on 4 bosses, it switches to meta itself but you have to leave manually.

• Like 3

#showtooltip

/stopcasting

/use [@boss1] corruption

Make 4 similar macros with boss1, boss2, boss3, boss4, bind them at 4 close buttons mine are F1 to F4, when Perfect Aim procs, F1-F2-F3-F4, and you have 4 Dooms on 4 bosses, it switches to meta itself but you have to leave manually.

<3

#showtooltip

/stopcasting

/use [@boss1] corruption

I'm speechless mate,big thanks!

I just wing it and try to keep tabs on who needs a Doom refresh more. Otherwise ElvUI helps me to see the duration of Doom over their health bar, much like TidyPlates does.

And about TidyPlates,I have no clue why it won't show duration of Dots over health bars for me.It's Buffs & Debuffs section and i just need to check "Show Aura timers" am i right?Weird cuz I can't make it work ;s

And about TidyPlates,I have no clue why it won't show duration of Dots over health bars for me.It's Buffs & Debuffs section and i just need to check "Show Aura timers" am i right?Weird cuz I can't make it work ;s

I don't use TidyPlates, but I know that with the built in version ElvUI has, it won't start updating durations unless I've moused over the name plate after I've casted.

4 item levels upon logging in? Welcome to the stealth nerf patch!! This is pretty OP...toting a 543 weapon, 543 trinket, 530 Unerring, two 543 heroic tier pieces, and a 549 ring.

I've been going back and forth for what spec to play on Heroic Horridon, but I think I've finally landed on Demo. The pink Dino is much easier to manage and you get an extra target that won't die the entire fight to slap a Doom on. The on demand burst really tears up the doors. I wait until the 2 extra big mobs spawn at each door to blow everything and they seem to melt pretty nicely.

We only made it to the end comfortably one time, but we were all spread out because people were panicked and pink dinos were scaring people. Next time we'll be grouped up for AoE heals and be somewhat close to Horridon so that if he decides to target you it will be easy to reposition him.

Also, who's big fucking idea was it to mess with sound? That piercing DBM sound that lets you know "OH SHIT THERE BE SUMPIN I GOT TO MOVE FOR" was replaced by a super subtle piece of shit sound. Our raid leader is like, "You shouldn't need sound to know when you have to move." and then I was ready to choke a bitch.

Also, who's big fucking idea was it to mess with sound? That piercing DBM sound that lets you know "OH SHIT THERE BE SUMPIN I GOT TO MOVE FOR" was replaced by a super subtle piece of shit sound. Our raid leader is like, "You shouldn't need sound to know when you have to move." and then I was ready to choke a bitch.

There's a thread on this on EJ

For a workaround you can turn off Sound Effects in the WoW settings, and "Use Master audio" in the DBM settings. Of course this means you have to play without sound effects instead.

• Like 1

Hello, I was wondering if going demo wouldn't actually be better for heroic iron qwon. since dogs dont die till the end you can apply the super long dooms on them and the guy. also on the rest phase (the one with the shields) its much easier to dps the boss with the dots. And i was wondering, is it possible to jump over the lines (fire,ice,thunder) with demonic leap?