FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T15 Warlock Style - Normal & Heroic

So yeah , got durumu down (which was incredibly easy , took only 14 pulls O.o) and we're about to try dark animus , my raid wants to go with the zerg strat and they said i should be pulling 400k+ DPS. Help plz? lol

Edit: They also make me tank 2 little golems, the tank picks up 3 and tries to kill one-two asap , then taunts one of mine and the fight goes on like that , which golems should i be dotting and how many? i was thinking of dotting animus + another 3?

Edited by Khaos

To do 400k+ like your guild wants you to, you're going to need good RNG and as many golems as possible. Your guild is just going 'oh, other Warlocks are doing 400k, you should, too" not realizing some guilds attempting the zerg wipe when the Warlock doesn't get his procs to guarantee his Imp army. Warlocks doing 400k+ do this by having enough Wild Imps for them to do 200k DPS. My parses on that fight are much lower because we do it the slow and steady way because we can. It's much more reliable. Zerging is possible since guilds that are like 4/13H are mostly 540+ ilvl now overgearing and simplifying almost all the fights, but I do warn you that if you learn the zerg method, it won't be foolproof every time. Learning the fight will be.

Yeah , we have been considering learning the normal strat aswell, since we do realize the zerg strat requires some RNG and good dps. They already started going "wah wah i see others do this much why are you only doing 300", they don't realize that i need enough procs to reach 400k and i'm NOT gonna burst that much until 1:30 into the fight in a good fight with decent procs. It's already pissing me off -_-

Just like how they don't get why they have to ress me every single time! Posted Image

Edited by Khaos

You would have ranked 10th if you had your bracers enchanted Posted Image (j/k)

Craaaaaap! I'm even an enchanter. Thanks for the catch, haha.

4 day grace period right? :D I picked them up Tuesday to replace my TF'd spirit bracers from Horridon, haha.

Hi, I wanna bring animus hc back up since we're going to progress this ugly golem tomorrow. We've had him on like 10% on normal strat but my raid lead thinks zerg strat would be better. Well anyways, I'm wondering what I can do to pull the most dps. We have two warlocks, I'm the one with unnering and playing demo. At best I can put doom onto the boss on pull and on my add since everyone and everything else is too spread to reach before perfect aim ends. Are there any suggestions you can give me for the pull and/or fight? I'm so confused and scared to wipe the raid by placing doom on a wrong target, thus whiping the raid.

If you're going normal just place it on the 2 massive golems and dark animus.

if you're going zerg then... place it on w/e? up to 5 golems can die with no consequences.

Even on normal, we have people who hold onto golems longer than others. The second I get enough DF, EVERYONE'S golem gets doomed, i give very few fucks in that regard. Sure, we can 1-shot him every week, but Being one of 4 people standing EVERY week is retarded, lol

Here are some results of the 100th best ranking in 10 man Heroic for each boss.  I chose 100th place because it tends to weed out the exceptionally skilled players and parses that had extreme luck and/or padding involved.

Jin'rokh

Affliction - 339,842

Demonology - 307,637

Destruction - 281,215

Horridon

Demonology - 339,147

Destruction - 336,587

Affliction - 332,975

Council

Demonology - 357,604

Affliction - 297,963

Destruction - 192,580

Tortos

Affliction - 393,876

Demonology - 361,543

Destruction - 349,468

Megaera

Demonology - 229,752

Affliction - 225,108

Destruction - 196,471

Ji'kun

Affliction - 310,401

Demonology - 276,605

Destruction - 270,271

Durumu

Demonology - 270,162

Destruction - 257,073

Affliction - 204,922

Primordius

Destruction - 370,763

Affliction - 308,694

Demonology - 217,489

Dark Animus

Demonology - 293,196

Affliction - 233,180

Destruction - 193,605

Iron Qon

Demonology - 231,230

Affliction - 205,939

Destruction - 173,955

Twins

Demonology - 225,226

Affliction - 208,440

Destruction - 182,604

Lei Shen

Demonology - 192,992

Destruction - 138,935

Affliction - 138,799

Ra-den

Demonology - 203,186

Destruction - 197,490

Affliction - 179,580

I noticed a few things. 

Anytime there was multi-dotting, Destruction fell behind.  Go figure. 

Affliction wins both fights where you can use Grim of Sacrifice to utilize the full buff from the water pool and Feed Young.  Since these buffs don't translate to pets, it makes Affliction very awesome.   

Demonology wins the mostly single target fights.  No surprise here.  I'm not sure why Demonology parses so low on Primordius.  I'm thinking people aren't utilizing Grim of Sac + Mannoroth's Fury.  Hellfire builds 1000 Demonic Fury almost instantly and the number of targets hit by Immolation Aura gives huge DPS.  I guess many are just not playing that spec to its optimal performance.

Horridon and Tortos show all 3 pretty close, so AoE is good for all 3 specs.  It's all just a flavor of preference.  I'm also a bit shocked at the low values of Destro and Aff on Lei Shen.  Personally, I haven't tried anything but Demonology for Lei Shen, so I'll be trying both to see what constraints there are. 

This was all just a fun post, nothing to take too seriously.  Logs are largely irrelevant in the top 100 because I'd be willing to bet all of them are 13/13H and some of the top 1% of Warlocks.  It should give you a relative feel for each spec on each fight and give you a good target number to shoot for.

Guardians not effecting from mutation cripples Demo alot that can't compete with Destro or Aff I think, Imps doing %75 less damage is %22.5 of our total damage lost.

Edited by Sifon

We finally downed Heroic Animus last night, took us like 170 wipes lol. How much harder is Lei Shen than Dark Animus?

Most groups put in 150+ wipes on LS.  It's brutal, but only because each person is responsible.  One person messing up = doom for all.  Getting everyone to do what they're supposed to with no mistakes for 9-10 minutes can cause some groups some issues.

yeah I fear thats what will be our main issue, everyone will understand the fight fairly quickly but to get all 10 to not make any mistakes. that seemed to be our main problem for H-Dark Animus too on heal missed, one tank missing a cool down, one matter swap that targets the wrong person etc.

Meanwhile, my group is 8/13H, we down primordius, council, megaera and EVERY SINGLE TIME we tried Twin Consorts, we failed very very hard.

Don't know what are we doing wrong, but the little adds in first phase are eating us hardly.

I'm not even sure why people kite the bats.  We kill them in 5-7 seconds.  Our tank doesn't even get a chance to move them into melee range.

I'm not even sure why people kite the bats.  We kill them in 5-7 seconds.  Our tank doesn't even get a chance to move them into melee range.

Do the bats do something special on heroic, or is it just the DPS check? I know on normal we just burn them. 

They don't do anything different.  You just don't want your tank below some % HP or they'll execute him.

is it possible to solo-soak leishen's static shocks on 25m heroic? couldnt find damage numbers for that spell, not even sure how much it differs between 10/25 and normal/heroic. if it is possible, what kind of cooldowns are needed assuming about 670k raid-buffed HP?

Edited by mediocregatsby