FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T15 Warlock Style - Normal & Heroic

My Escape button lol'ed at me when it happens with me couple days ago.

I use a stop casting for this too.. escape button failed me. Just use a stop casting to meta to doom

with it being instant it isn't hurt by a stopcast

Well I think you guys' problems would be solved if you quit using Soulfire without charges. Use a WeakAuras button to let you know how many charges you got or use the built-in UI notification. When you got one line of fire, quit using Soulfire.

Stopcasting is not good at all. And you really don't need it for Doom either. If it pops in the middle of your 2.0 second Shadowbolt cast, just finish it. Meta + Doom takes one global, so you really only need 1.5 seconds. Soul Fire with Molten Core will be a smaller cast time than Shadowbolt, so it really should only be an issue during Sbolt spam.

Then again, if you've seen my Unerring proc data on the other thread, you'll know that sometimes you'll have proc after proc and won't even need to re-Doom. Other times, you'll be staring at your screen going 'really? REALLY? COME THE $% ON, WHERE'S MY PROC?!' And people wonder why I don't stream....

Things you'd hear during streaming:

"Yes, I put the garbage out. I know it goes out Thursday night, I still have time before bed, relax."

"Neo, can you PLEASE quit chewing on my new shoes? I've bought you so many toys to play with..."

"Stupid *#(%ing procs. Seriously, Blizzard has ruined this game with RPPM bullcrap. I just want Will of Unbinding and Dislodged Foreign Object back..."

"Mages...wish they had a tank spec so they could die more often."

"BOY I SURE HOPE A RING DROPS! You know, since I haven't had good rings since...well....yeah."

"So this is my Warlock. His name is Zagam. This is his boy, Ziggoroth. We are Zag and Zig. Or Zig and Zag. Zigzag. Booya."

"I should have gone to the gym on Tuesday, but I wanted to finish off archeology. If I don't get my Pristine Standard of Nizuoa before Sunday..."

"I wonder if the group will notice me pretending to do damage but not doing damage so I can get my precious proc at the beginning of the next boss...my precious..."

"Neo, you can't sit on my lap while I'm raiding...and damn it, quit pulling my mouse cord!! Danielle, can you PLEASE come get this cat?"

"My break is soon. I'll take the garbage out and change out the dishwasher then."

Not sure how interesting any of that would be.

You need to stop casting on a council fight where you need to doom 3-4 times, I don't trust my escape button that much.

Yeah, for a special case like that, I can see it. Typically we have Sul or Frost King dead before the first batch of Dooms wears off. After that initial surge, the fight dies down quite a bit and I just make sure Doom and Corr are up on everything regardless if they are Crit-Dooms. The Crit-Dooms in the beginning are super important because you're getting 80%+ more Haste. Later on in the fight, the ticks come so much slower that you're not suffering too badly to not have the Crit Dooms up. I haven't done Council with my guild in...oh, 8 or 9 weeks? I don't need anything from there, so we squeeze alts in there. I'd love to see what I could do with the Heroic Unerring and my 608 cloak. I think for ranking, making those Dooms a priority would be a huge plus.

Well I think you guys' problems would be solved if you quit using Soulfire without charges. Use a WeakAuras button to let you know how many charges you got or use the built-in UI notification. When you got one line of fire, quit using Soulfire.

Stopcasting is not good at all. And you really don't need it for Doom either. If it pops in the middle of your 2.0 second Shadowbolt cast, just finish it. Meta + Doom takes one global, so you really only need 1.5 seconds. Soul Fire with Molten Core will be a smaller cast time than Shadowbolt, so it really should only be an issue during Sbolt spam.

Then again, if you've seen my Unerring proc data on the other thread, you'll know that sometimes you'll have proc after proc and won't even need to re-Doom. Other times, you'll be staring at your screen going 'really? REALLY? COME THE $% ON, WHERE'S MY PROC?!' And people wonder why I don't stream....

I should of ellab'd .. i use it for fights like Heroic Council we're it's great to get doom on 4 targets making a stop cast important because you need to get globals out in 4 seconds

I should of read everything... as i can see what i said was already discussed.. LOL

Edited by obleak

Yeah, for a special case like that, I can see it. Typically we have Sul or Frost King dead before the first batch of Dooms wears off. After that initial surge, the fight dies down quite a bit and I just make sure Doom and Corr are up on everything regardless if they are Crit-Dooms. The Crit-Dooms in the beginning are super important because you're getting 80%+ more Haste. Later on in the fight, the ticks come so much slower that you're not suffering too badly to not have the Crit Dooms up. I haven't done Council with my guild in...oh, 8 or 9 weeks? I don't need anything from there, so we squeeze alts in there. I'd love to see what I could do with the Heroic Unerring and my 608 cloak. I think for ranking, making those Dooms a priority would be a huge plus.

I don't need anything either.. i hope they sit me for some alts. our boomkin and myself carry the dps hard though :(

Same. I was relieved the group didn't need me for Council anymore. I sat out Horridon, Council, Tortos, and Megaera to let a Spriest gather some stuffs. I have some tough decisions ahead of me in replacing stuff...incoming first world Warlock problems...

530 Hit/Mastery neck for 543 Hit/Crit neck? I'm a sucker for item level but I hate Crit. I also need Megaera to quit being a douchebag and drop something relevant like a TF Breath.

Bracers - Yo, Megaera, I heard you got them bracers and can put 1024 Mastery on them? Hit a brotha up.

Belt - just need heroic belt from Ji'kun

Boots - Iron Qon...seriously bro, quit giving us guns. The clothies want their boots.

Ring 2 - Ra-den. Saw one drop, went to our Mage. Next one should be mine, methinks.

Weapon - TF - Twins...still haven't seen that staff. TF of this staff would be perfect.

Not too bad of a wish list. The more I get, the more I can sit which means I can keep doing archeology/fishing achievements...HOORAY

Things you'd hear during streaming:

"Yes, I put the garbage out. I know it goes out Thursday night, I still have time before bed, relax."

"Neo, can you PLEASE quit chewing on my new shoes? I've bought you so many toys to play with..."

"Stupid *#(%ing procs. Seriously, Blizzard has ruined this game with RPPM bullcrap. I just want Will of Unbinding and Dislodged Foreign Object back..."

"Mages...wish they had a tank spec so they could die more often."

"BOY I SURE HOPE A RING DROPS! You know, since I haven't had good rings since...well....yeah."

"So this is my Warlock. His name is Zagam. This is his boy, Ziggoroth. We are Zag and Zig. Or Zig and Zag. Zigzag. Booya."

"I should have gone to the gym on Tuesday, but I wanted to finish off archeology. If I don't get my Pristine Standard of Nizuoa before Sunday..."

"I wonder if the group will notice me pretending to do damage but not doing damage so I can get my precious proc at the beginning of the next boss...my precious..."

"Neo, you can't sit on my lap while I'm raiding...and damn it, quit pulling my mouse cord!! Danielle, can you PLEASE come get this cat?"

"My break is soon. I'll take the garbage out and change out the dishwasher then."

Not sure how interesting any of that would be.

DO EEEEEET. I'd seriously watch you. Honestly.

About the same list for me... I think i did get the boots of Heroic Quon so that's about the dif.. we get the same gear drops every week it seems

Zagam and anyone else who has experience on Ra-den, we are just starting Ra-den and we have 5 warlocks in our roster, can I play Demo and not gimp my raid? Or Destro is neccessary for first kill?

I do this in 10 man, so every single ranged switched. We ran Ele Shaman, Demo Warlock, Fire Mage, Frost DK (Blood DK OS), UH DK, Rogue, Boomkin, Brewmaster, Disc Priest, Resto Shaman. I found in 10 man that the travel time of Chaos Bolt was really unreliable. This took only one attempt (I hate Destruction) and was looking for any reason to get out of it. I found that pooling DF and MC charges lets you do really solid burst on the balls by timing your Meta + Soul Fire onslaught. Go Grim of Sacrifice. Your Imps won't switch in time, but they'll continue hammering away on Ra-den while you fire out 300k+ Soul Fires with, what I feel to be, much higher damage potential than Destruction's rather slow Chaos Bolt.

I think last week I wanted to switch to Archimonde's Vengeance but I didn't. If your group does things properly, you should only be dealing with the Vita twice, so KJC is unnecessary. AV would actually contribute a bit of damage. Looking at my last Ra-den kill, I received the following:

Ruin: 6.8M

Crackle: 2.4M

Unleashed Vita: 1.8M

Unstable Vita: 0.36M

TOTAL: 11.36M

Running AV during the entire fight without using it would generate 5% of that as returned damage, or 600k. Nothing to write home about, but it is SOMETHING. However, it's to note that you really aren't taking continuous damage until he hits 40% and activates P2, so you could actually activate AV and get 25% of the Ruin damage for that period of time. Considering Ruin's approximate 100-120k pulse every 2 sec, you could push back 25% of the damage you'd eat in 8 seconds, or about 150k. This would deactivate the passive, however, so if you were going to use this, you'd want to use it when Ra-den hits about 10 or 9% of his life. I know the damage is minor, but it's better than not receiving any bonus from Manno's or KJC.

If you are saving your AoE spells for Nether Wryms, you can't use Fel/Wrathstorm on cd, it makes goSup worth less. I'd say goServ is the best.

Zag what Grimoire do you suggest for H Mag 25 using Demo?

I'm using Service and it seems to be doing alright, but I feel like more Wrathstorms might do better.

http://www.worldoflo...s=11960&e=12339

Hard to tell. We hardly have any wyrms in 10 man, and I've never seen 25 to know the DPS requirement for the adds, but I know some logs, I see Immolation Aura and Shadowflame being top damage source which blows my mind. 25 man must be dealing with quite a bit. I think your Grimoire choice between Service and Supremacy is going to be tied into your group's speed. If you spend approximately 45-50 seconds per head, then Supremacy will come out nicely as you'll be getting a 20% empowered Felstorm every 45 seconds as well as the buffed Mortal Cleaves. Service would give you super burst on Heads 1, 4, and 7 while leaving 2, 3, 5, and 6 a little less empowered. Service might even be overkill in regards to the adds...do they live through two Felstorms in 25 man? I guess this would be group dependent on how many AoE'ers you got running with you. My experience with the adds in 10 man is to use Shadowfury on them when they are stacked and use two Chaos Waves on them. They disappear during transitions very smoothly.

• Like 1

I can say I have a fast 25man group, we burst down first head is ~20 seconds but even with high dps, we get double spawns at 4-5-6th heads(if I'm not mistaken). And on one of those heads, you will have goServ off cd. I don't think %20 damage to Felstorm can cover that.

Edit: I save goServ, HoG charges etc for adds a.k.a pad meters.

Edited by Sifon
  • Like 1

I'm going through various logs atm...I'm noticing it is COMPLETELY group dependent. I'm looking at a similarly geared Demonology Warlock in a 10 man setting compared to me wondering how he is crushing me by 70k. Then I notice he is doing 60% of the damage to the adds with Shadowflame and Immolation Aura and has two tanks that are doing 101k and 97k while my tanks do 170k and 165k. When the rest of your team is better, you look worse when compared to other Warlocks. When your team is weak, you look stronger.

My guess is this is similar to how 25 man works...if you had 3 Elemental Shamans in your group, like this log I'm looking at, you wouldn't even need a Felguard or Wrathguard...you'd just Hand of Guldan them for the Demonic Fury/padding and keep killing the head. Seeing a lot of Demonology Warlocks use Mannoroth's Fury on 25 man, surely to Immo Aura the adds. These just don't exist in groups with high AoE combinations. It's making it SUPER difficult for me to try to optimize talents for other people, as well as strategies, with skill of the rest of your team highly influential of what you can/cannot do. It's just like what me and my guild's Mage ran into when we recruited a sweet Elemental Shaman on Durumu...our best parses were behind us because his contribution to the Ice Walls lowered our contribution, thus our overall DPS.

At this point in the tier, rankings are almost irrelevant. The high RNG of RPPM trinkets and the EXTREMELY volatile group by group makeups are creating huge skewing in meters making people think one reforge is better than others when all these players are doing is cleverly manipulating the fight's mechanics to their group and finding the sweet, sweet maximum for them individually.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. It was our first night on H Mag and I was looking to see what the norm was. I think I'll continue using GoServ for now. The wyrms tend to melt pretty well regardless during transitions, so I think I'll use them as DF batteries with HoG.

I need to show this one to you guys!

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=1103&e=1630 <--- Best council 10h kill ever. REALLY.

EDIT: Just noticed you guys are talking about h megaera , which we are progressing on atm on 10m so i have a couple of questions :

1) Demo or Affli? demo aoe didn't seem all that useful last night , the adds weren't even stacked up . by the 4th-5th head there's 6-9 adds running all over the damn place, i'm thinking multi dotting em might be best.

2) I'm using supremacy atm , should i change to sac for more imps damage or service for more burst?

3) and completely unrelated , i just got HWUSH and i've been running with TF'd BOH and 522 UVLS , i play mainly affli and demo , how should i pair my trinkets up?

Edited by Khaos

I use GoSuprem lazy to have another cd - magera adds aren't a prob between boomkin, ele sham, and myself (when able too) - i'm finding magera pretty easy - Just got 10/13 heroic down - only got dark animus.. not sure how they're going to do it.. they don't want to try the burn strat.

But it feels almost damn useless. i mean my dps on heads is alright , i'm top of the meter and whatever but the adds are all over the damn place and i can't do anything about it as demo . >_>

REALLY GUYS CHECK OUT THAT LOG!