FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T15 Warlock Style - Normal & Heroic

I wouldn't go GoSac.. i would rather have GoServ for the cd on the adds.. kills them very fast.

http://www.worldoflo...s=12935&e=13336

Above is my most recent log on Hmagera.

Seems weak now that i see 86.6% critted dooms.. but not much more i could do with that.

34.1% Shadowflame uptime.

Not showing my imps... waaaa .. it was high if i remember.. they always do retarded amounts.

I do see what you mean about pet and running time.. i just did heroic PRIM and My pet was running around left and right.. hate that.

------

on another note.. affliction does well on this fight.. it can kill adds effectively and still do great boss damage.. it's up to you and how you feel comfortable.. if i'm on adds as demo i'll immo auro c. swarm and a few touches to burst it down.. sometimes choaswave depending on positioning/fury - self explainatory with aff.. dots.. dots... MG/SB

Edited by obleak

I need to show this one to you guys!

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=1103&e=1630 <--- Best council 10h kill ever. REALLY.

EDIT: Just noticed you guys are talking about h megaera , which we are progressing on atm on 10m so i have a couple of questions :

1) Demo or Affli? demo aoe didn't seem all that useful last night , the adds weren't even stacked up . by the 4th-5th head there's 6-9 adds running all over the damn place, i'm thinking multi dotting em might be best.

2) I'm using supremacy atm , should i change to sac for more imps damage or service for more burst?

3) and completely unrelated , i just got HWUSH and i've been running with TF'd BOH and 522 UVLS , i play mainly affli and demo , how should i pair my trinkets up?

Sarcasm about the kill? It's Friday afternoon and my sarcasm/genuine detector is running low on fuel.

1) Demo. 100% crit Dooms continue to tick on heads after they "despawn"...by that, I mean the heads go to the background and are untargettable, but Doom keeps on tickin' giving you Imps. No DK in your group to Gorefiends Grasp them? Have a DPS "OT" by picking them up and bringing them to your stack point. Valid "OT" options: WW Monk, Ret Paladin, any DPS Warrior, UH/Frost DK. When stacked, you should be in Meta with Immo Aura ticking as well as 1-2 Chaos Waves to make the adds disappear. You should be in Meta to get your new Doom up on the new head ASAP.

2) Difference with them is relatively small. I enjoy Sacrifice because of the 2% heal every 5 seconds and absolutely HUGE Soul Fires. I've seen bigger Soul Fires than I ever had Chaos Bolts. Service provides best burst, but a Wrathguard dual-wielding Black Ice or Armageddon is too cool to pass up. They're all situational. If you use Sacrifice, stack the shit out of Haste and Doom ALL THE THINGS (viable 540+ ilvl). Service and Supremacy are better at lower item levels.

3) I'm not a fan of Wush. Some on these boards are. Breath will give you the best consistency, in my opinion. Why is your Unerring only 522? Upgrade that like....yesterday. 534 Breath + 530 UVLS = solid choice.

I use GoSuprem lazy to have another cd - magera adds aren't a prob between boomkin, ele sham, and myself (when able too) - i'm finding magera pretty easy - Just got 10/13 heroic down - only got dark animus.. not sure how they're going to do it.. they don't want to try the burn strat.

I was doing the same. I decided to be even lazier and not worry about Wrathstorm by taking Grim of Sacrifice.

For Dark Animus, I believe I have a strat posted in the Dark Animus Icy-Veins raid encounter comments. If you need further explanation, send me a PM and I'll hook a brotha up.

But it feels almost damn useless. i mean my dps on heads is alright , i'm top of the meter and whatever but the adds are all over the damn place and i can't do anything about it as demo . >_>

REALLY GUYS CHECK OUT THAT LOG!

Still unsure about your log comment. I haven't killed Heroic Council in...3 weeks? I always volunteer to sit because I don't need anything and I felt like I performed shitty at 275k. I haven't done it since going full Haste with a heroic UVLS. Won't be for another 2 weeks as we do metas either...

DPS on the heads is what matters. Let the other lackeys in your group kill adds. You have bigger fish to fry, like Megaera. (yes, I know she's not a fish.)

I wouldn't go GoSac.. i would rather have GoServ for the cd on the adds.. kills them very fast.

http://www.worldoflo...s=12935&e=13336

Above is my most recent log on Hmagera.

Seems weak now that i see 86.6% critted dooms.. but not much more i could do with that.

34.1% Shadowflame uptime.

Not showing my imps... waaaa .. it was high if i remember.. they always do retarded amounts.

I do see what you mean about pet and running time.. i just did heroic PRIM and My pet was running around left and right.. hate that.

Grim of Serv will only give you the extra damage on the adds in 2 minute intervals, which is likely at heads 2 and 5 or 3 and 6. Supremacy will give you a 20% more powerful Wrathstorm every head. Use Immo Aura, Chaos Wave, and an OT to stack adds and this will go much smoother.

------

on another note.. affliction does well on this fight.. it can kill adds effectively and still do great boss damage.. it's up to you and how you feel comfortable.. if i'm on adds as demo i'll immo auro c. swarm and a few touches to burst it down.. sometimes choaswave depending on positioning/fury - self explainatory with aff.. dots.. dots... MG/SB

Yeah. Hprimo and hTortos are a nightmare with pets , i saw my observer run all over the damn place lol , rather stick with imp.

Sarcasm about the kill? It's Friday afternoon and my sarcasm/genuine detector is running low on fuel.

1) Demo. 100% crit Dooms continue to tick on heads after they "despawn"...by that, I mean the heads go to the background and are untargettable, but Doom keeps on tickin' giving you Imps. No DK in your group to Gorefiends Grasp them? Have a DPS "OT" by picking them up and bringing them to your stack point. Valid "OT" options: WW Monk, Ret Paladin, any DPS Warrior, UH/Frost DK. When stacked, you should be in Meta with Immo Aura ticking as well as 1-2 Chaos Waves to make the adds disappear. You should be in Meta to get your new Doom up on the new head ASAP.

2) Difference with them is relatively small. I enjoy Sacrifice because of the 2% heal every 5 seconds and absolutely HUGE Soul Fires. I've seen bigger Soul Fires than I ever had Chaos Bolts. Service provides best burst, but a Wrathguard dual-wielding Black Ice or Armageddon is too cool to pass up. They're all situational. If you use Sacrifice, stack the shit out of Haste and Doom ALL THE THINGS (viable 540+ ilvl). Service and Supremacy are better at lower item levels.

3) I'm not a fan of Wush. Some on these boards are. Breath will give you the best consistency, in my opinion. Why is your Unerring only 522? Upgrade that like....yesterday. 534 Breath + 530 UVLS = solid choice.

I was doing the same. I decided to be even lazier and not worry about Wrathstorm by taking Grim of Sacrifice.

For Dark Animus, I believe I have a strat posted in the Dark Animus Icy-Veins raid encounter comments. If you need further explanation, send me a PM and I'll hook a brotha up.

Still unsure about your log comment. I haven't killed Heroic Council in...3 weeks? I always volunteer to sit because I don't need anything and I felt like I performed shitty at 275k. I haven't done it since going full Haste with a heroic UVLS. Won't be for another 2 weeks as we do metas either...

DPS on the heads is what matters. Let the other lackeys in your group kill adds. You have bigger fish to fry, like Megaera. (yes, I know she's not a fish.)

Grim of Serv will only give you the extra damage on the adds in 2 minute intervals, which is likely at heads 2 and 5 or 3 and 6. Supremacy will give you a 20% more powerful Wrathstorm every head. Use Immo Aura, Chaos Wave, and an OT to stack adds and this will go much smoother.

Yes , it was sarcasm zagam , last 1 min of the fight we fucked up twist of fate and the tanks solo'd like 15m hp Posted Image.

By 522 UVLS i meant normal mode , and i upgraded it first week. I was doing that on the heads , always made sure venomous had a 2min crit doom , still feeling uneasy about being overrun but i'll suggest the "DPS OT" thing to my RL.

We don't need an off tank.. our boomkin ALWAYS get's threat to him in a matter of seconds. Sometimes we would have it go to our Monk tank, but that would make it far from my range and i wouldn't feel comfy going there on adds.. I use Grim Suprem, i agree with that.. What i was telling him is that goServ is better than GoSac.. :)

The Critted Dooms always ticking is amazing good.. i get so much imp damage.. if i can help it i'm not on adds.. but not always helped.. we normall ignore adds last head.

You guys with pet control issues, put that son of a bitch on Passive and use a pet attack macro. If he's on assist, he's going to lag about 2-3 abilities before he switches to your target. This is the worst. Don't let him roam free. Assert your alpha Warlock status and tell him what to do. "Assist" mode is sloppy.

It's not that man , it's the fact that they have "Travel time" . on multi dot fights travel time is a NIGHTMARE :P

so Imp with Glyph of demon training = Best.

(Glyph is for better burst and faster target switching.)

It's not that man , it's the fact that they have "Travel time" . on multi dot fights travel time is a NIGHTMARE Posted Image

so Imp with Glyph of demon training = Best.

(Glyph is for better burst and faster target switching.)

i always use glyph of demon training.. it buffs your spawned imps as well.. FYI :)

i always use glyph of demon training.. it buffs your spawned imps as well.. FYI Posted Image

This isn't a "buff"...they just cast their spells at a different pace. Also, for Wild Imps, I believe you are mistaken. Your summonable Imp is a different pet than a Wild Imp. Wild Imps do not cast their spells in bursts of 30 or 50% faster with the glyph.

The glyph doesn't buff your imp either. just makes it so he fires 3 spells at a single time instead of 1 , he simply pools his fel energy.

The glyph doesn't buff your imp either. just makes it so he fires 3 spells at a single time instead of 1 , he simply pools his fel energy.

Well then i stand corrected, i had heard that it makes your wild imps fire faster rate.. phooey on that!

We finally got megaera down , went a LOT better with a frost dk offtanking adds and 1 tanking the heads , the dps requirement was a lot lower and by carefully timing our head kills with his poisons stacks it went a lot smoother than we thought.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uxteujymaa1uagcw/dashboard/?s=2921&e=3336

yes , no pots or doomguard , i sucked a lot and also panicked , forgot to use my dps pots and couldn't refresh doom on green head cause we stack on the far left for arcane. :P

Grats! I find H Magera very easy after first kill..rekills are a joke Posted Image Everyone in my group has rolled H Breath or Thunder H Breath except me.. and it hasn't dropped.. I did skip one week day (tuesday) because family member in HOSP, but Darn it's silly how often everyone except me rolls 'em.

I understand about panicking sometimes, but still.. you got it down and rekills will give you a chance to optimize yourself on the fight! :)

Edited by obleak

Yeah i'm glad we got it down , the thing i hate is that the RL was making us save CDs and shit , so my DS uptime is horrible. also it was the last try of the night , such an horrible log lol

Save them for what? As long as you've got at least 60% left on a head you should be good to pop CD's. All of your major raid defensives should be used on the 2nd to last head for rampage and the last head should get the attention of your Bloodlust, which basically makes it super easy.

What are my fellow demo locks doing for Heroic Durumu? How much fury do you save up going into first icewall and each subsequent icewall? How much does Mannaroth's Fury help voidray spam? I wasn't sure it was really doing a lot extra. Should I maybe try harvest life as AOE filler instead? What do you guys do during maze when you run out of fury?

First Ice Wall Dark Soul comes off CD as well as Wild Imps. I give myself a full Fury bar and then go nasty with Hand of Guldan x 2, Immo Aura, Carrion Swarm, Void Ray spam. I usually pot on the first Ice Walls and my Mage and Ele Shaman pot on the 2nd Ice Walls. MF does not help Void Ray. You have to line yourself up to hit maximum targets. HL might be a decent filler, but I've never tested it. During the maze, I spam the crap out of Fel Flame until I have decent Fury to pop back into Meta.

First Ice Wall Dark Soul comes off CD as well as Wild Imps. I give myself a full Fury bar and then go nasty with Hand of Guldan x 2, Immo Aura, Carrion Swarm, Void Ray spam. I usually pot on the first Ice Walls and my Mage and Ele Shaman pot on the 2nd Ice Walls. MF does not help Void Ray. You have to line yourself up to hit maximum targets. HL might be a decent filler, but I've never tested it. During the maze, I spam the crap out of Fel Flame until I have decent Fury to pop back into Meta.

Is all of that really needed? How much do we need to burst to get the walls down in time?

Is all of that really needed? How much do we need to burst to get the walls down in time?

not too much, our shaman does most of the wall damage needed. but that isn't even really a lot.. just do that and you'll get the walls down in time :) Sometimes it's important to get it down because a wall up can make adds glitch during light phase.... idk why but it makes the adds LOS attacks.

about to start heroic animus progression. we're doing the strat with warlock pets tanking the small golems to make matter swaps easy. for people who have done this strat before: do you use GoSup or GoServ? do you use voidwalker/voidlord or felguard/terrorguard? do you need soul link? do you need to use health funnel? do your healers heal the pet or do you need to health funnel? glyph health funnel?

about to start heroic animus progression. we're doing the strat with warlock pets tanking the small golems to make matter swaps easy. for people who have done this strat before: do you use GoSup or GoServ? do you use voidwalker/voidlord or felguard/terrorguard? do you need soul link? do you need to use health funnel? do your healers heal the pet or do you need to health funnel? glyph health funnel?

I would use supremacy/voidlord. Soul Link isn't a bad idea and the glyph sounds like a great idea.

basically i'm wondering if it's possible to get away with using a felguard or voidwalker+serv.felguard if i can get away with it, since those other things would be a DPS loss. would love to hear if anyone's tried those things on an actual kill

Edited by mediocregatsby

I don't think the felguard would be able to pull it off, but feel free to try it out. :D

DA isn't a DPS race unless you're zerging it. Stay alive until 2:00 mark when first siphon goes out and you're golden. From there, you got 4 mins to DPS the boss. Swap your pet out and boom, you're golden.