Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rumnrum

Hunter Tier 15 4-Set Survival Stat Priorities

3 posts in this topic

As a survival hunter, stat priority is more or less crit > haste > mastery. With 4-set tier 15, I assume that mastery increases the damage of the proc arrow. Does the value of mastery increase to match or exceed haste?

Please respond with simcraft or extensive personal experience. I can read all the normal guides online.

Thanks!

The default Simulation Craft profile for Survival Hunters in T15 Normal gear has 4 pieces of T15. For the profile, Haste Rating has a weight of 1.92 (+/-0.12) and Mastery Rating has a weight of 1.03 (+/-0.12).

Haste is better for real ppm items, regardless of mastery's interaction with them.

quoted from a post I made earlier:

I was looking over this, and it appears that you might have misunderstood what I said. The equation of determining Real PPM items/set bonuses scales linearly and is directly modified by haste. The 4 piece is 3 Real PPM, that means regardless of how fast you are attacking/ability usage, on average, you'll get 3 procs a minute with 0% haste. With 1% haste that is now 3 * 1.01 = 3.03 Real PPM. With 50% haste, that is now 3 * 1.50 = 4.5 Real PPM.

With that being said, with my reforges I'd be trading 2k haste for 2k mastery if I were to reforge mastery > haste. That equates to a 4.7% loss in haste. So you are losing a 4.7% gain in proc rate for everything Real PPM oriented for 3.3% (repeating) gain in damage to the 4 piece and the meta.My 4 piece is hitting for 45k - 90k. So (3 Real PPM * 45k and 90k =) 135k - 270k before haste. Adding the 4.7% into the equation (3 Real PPM * 1.047 * 45k and 90k =) gives me 141,345 - 282,690 damage. Adding 3.3% damage into the first equation (135k + 3.3% and 270k + 3.3%) gives me 139,500 - 279,000. So as you can see mathematically, haste is better by a bit because it takes less haste to make a % than it does for mastery for survival.

425 haste = 1% haste

600 mastery = 1% mastery

So if it is ahead by a bit even with mastery competing, it would be better with mastery being taken out of the equation.

TL ; DR it takes less haste to equal 1% than it does mastery, thus making it benefit more from real ppm items.

The only real ppm items that are affected by mastery is the meta and the 4 piece and haste is beating mastery on those.

Edited by Tehstool

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Critocalypse
      I didn't see this in patch notes but it seems like mastery is giving procs of mongoose bite from pet attacks now? Once I pop aspect it seems like I am getting stack after stack of mongoose. Watch the vid, I hit 699k dps about 30 sec or so into my opening on mythic nythendra : https://youtu.be/MBtWi9MHbq8?t=806

• By lipsinch
      Hello guys, a Rogue sneaking in the den.
      I've decided leveling my alt Hunter and picked the Sv spec. Thing is, I see no info or discussion of it on forums. This means the spec is either doing fine, it's really simplistic or it's horrid at the point that no one bothers to talk about it.
      What's the current state of it? Anyone who is maining it can give me an insight?
      Thanks!
    • By Bwee
      For those of you who use MMO-Champion forums you might have already seen this, but for those who don't I'd like your opinion on the following:

Has anyone tested whether the rate at which L&L procs increases when applying BA to multiple targets? Or is it like starsurge for Boomkins and only works from the last target the dot was applied to?

This is of course using the Class trinket from Archimonde to reset the CD on BA.
      What are your thoughts on how this could increase the effectiveness of our mastery in 6.2? Especially in conjunction with the 2-Set for Survival.
    • By Jesperhunter
      Hello there!

I have been trying to increase my SV hunters DPS, and I cannot seem to truly get it go hike. I don't know if its because of my gear, or if I am doing the rotation wrong. I read the forums and looked up guides

For my shot rotation I start with  Explosive>black arrow>crows> Arcane( until I run out of focus) > Cobra shot ( usually until explosive comes back up, or I get thrill proc)
      then I start over again, after gaining more focus.

Here are the logs of my Highmaul on Monday: 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ApaD8bYBxNJkLF4d#type=damage-done&boss=-3&source=5

( However here in this go around, i was doing the black arrow> explosive shot to see if it made a different, then I got discouraged and tried my MM on Brackenspore, which was worse, so I changed back to survival  )

And here is my Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/farstriders/Jesper/advanced

can someone please help or give some advice as to what I can do to improve, or point out what I am doing wrong, so i can fix it? I would really like to be useful for my guild raids.
    • By kevow
      Hey guys,
      I'm fairly new to the hunter spec in wow. But i'm liking the way it plays.
      First i was a mm hunter, but switched over to sv, because its more fun to play and im liking the dps.
      My gear is still more specced for mm hunter (also due the nature of hm raid), so its not all optimized.
      To get to the point, i worry about my focus managing and was wondering how often do u need to cast cobra shot to regain focus? Because i always try to prioritize my abilities crrectly, but its making me focus starved to often, and that is a dps loss.
      I want to know how you guys manage your focus to not get starved or capped...