VivaceNL

Rerolling item properties: what are your priorities?

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the rerolling (replacing, enchant) the properties of an item.

I'm using the Deadset Guides as a reference for my builds and it includes a recommendation for item stats.

But I'm unsure what has priority: rerolling the most important property so it is at its highest, or getting the most of the top characteristics.

I will use an example.

I am using the Firebird Archon build and have two sets of Firebird Talons.

Firebird Talons:

Deadset recommendation:

(1) Intelligence (825 - 1000)
(2) Critical Hit Chance (8 - 10 %)
(3) Critical Hit Damage (26 - 50%)
(4) Cooldown Reduction (5-8%)
(5) Vitality (825 - 1000)

Two versions of a Firebird Talon (Ancient):

(1) Intelligence:  Set 1: 901 vs Set 2: 833
(2) Critical Hit Chance: Set 1: 8,5% vs Set 2: 10%
(3) Critical Hit Damage: Set 1: None vs Set 2: None
(4) Cooldown Reduction: Set 1: None vs Set 2: None
(5) Vitality: Set 1: None vs Set 2: 969

Armor: Set 1: 585 vs Set 2: 542

Set 1:

Primary: Resistance to All Elements 122
Secondary 1: 34% extra gold from monsters
Secondary 2: +3342 Thorns Damage

Set 2:

Primary: Regenerates 9105 life per second
Secondary 1: +188 Fire Resistance
Secondary 2: Monster kills grant +237 experience

Question 1:

What property would you replace in both sets?

Set 1:

(1) Intelligence:  Set 1: 901 
(2) Critical Hit Chance: Set 1: 8,5% 
(3) Critical Hit Damage: Set 1: None 
(4) Cooldown Reduction: Set 1: None 
(5) Vitality: Set 1: None 

Armor: Set 1: 585 
Primary: Resistance to All Elements 122

Set 2:

(1) Intelligence:  Set 2: 833
(2) Critical Hit Chance:  Set 2: 10%
(3) Critical Hit Damage:  Set 2: None
(4) Cooldown Reduction: Set 2: None
(5) Vitality: Set 1:  Set 2: 969

Armor: Set 2: 542

Primary: Regenerates 9105 life per second

Question 2:

After you have replaced one property in both sets, which of either would you choose?

My interpretation and answer to these questions:

Question 1:

What property would you replace in both sets?

Set 1:

(2) Critical Hit Chance: Set 1: 8,5%  --> Option 1: Either get this to the maximum of 10%
(3) Critical Hit Damage: Set 1: None  --> Option 2: Or get this one and get rid of Resistance to all elements

Primary: Resistance to All Elements 122 (--> Option 2: Trade this in for Critical Hit Damage)

Set 2:

(1) Intelligence:  Set 2: 833 --> Option 1: Either get this up to the maximum of 1000
(2) Critical Hit Chance:  Set 2: 10%
(3) Critical Hit Damage:  Set 2: None --> Option 2: Get this one while getting rid of regenerates 9105 life per second
(4) Cooldown Reduction: Set 2: None
(5) Vitality: Set 1:  Set 2: 969

Armor: Set 2: 542

Primary: Regenerates 9105 life per second (--> Option 2: Trade this in for critical hit damage)

Question 2:

After you have replaced one property in both sets, which of either would you choose?

My guess would be:

Set 1:

(2) Critical Hit Chance: Set 1: 8,5%  
(3) Critical Hit Damage MAXIMUM REROLLED

(Primary:  Traded in resistance to all elements)

I would really love to hear your views on this. Would you for instance even go for the cooldown reduction instead depending on your other items?

Would you also save a really good item, that for instance has a different kind of damage (in this case not fire damage), keeping it for a different future build. Or do you reroll everything to suit the build you are using now?

Thanks everyone for their input, I'm very curious to hear!

Kind regards,

Vivace

No one with any insights into how they choose to change the stats on their items?

Thank you for any information.

On 8/15/2016 at 8:56 PM, VivaceNL said:

No one with any insights into how they choose to change the stats on their items?

Thank you for any information.

In the first example, I would take the 2nd one. When you roll things off, you'll end up rolling armor into CHD. Your item will be:

Intel - CHC - CHD - Vita

If you did the same on the other gloves, you'd be missing Vita and still be missing CDR, so therefore they would be worse, as well as having lower CHC than the 2nd set. Despite the bonus intellect, the second pair are better.

Generally you need to assess everything as a "whole" picture. Having a tiny bit more intellect won't always be better than 2 full stats that you need.