Zadina

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: A Friendly Game of Chess

12 posts in this topic

CuBCfO-VYAA9kBY.jpg

You thought you were playing a card game? In this week's Tavern Brawl, you get to play chess!

This new Tavern Brawl works exactly like the Chess boss from the recent One Night in Karazhan adventure. Both players start with only 10 health, one being the Black King, the other the White King. You get cards with your pawns, but you cannot attack with them; they will automatically attack at the end of each turn.

Needless to say, positioning is key in this Tavern Brawl. Your mulligan is also extremely important: you should make sure that you have a lot of early game cards, otherwise you might as well concede if you see that you are falling behind fast. Do check our guide on the Chess encounter, as it works similarly.

A Friendly Game of Chess is the 69th Tavern Brawl.

2 people like this

I really like this brawl. We all knew it was coming when it showed up in Kara, but that doesn't make it any less fun!

Is this real? A brawl where the only RNG is draw and rest is completely skill based? I LOVE this brawl, it's simply wonderful. Additionally, players that have not completed Heroic Chess will be able to practice and gain gold at the same time.

It feels like Black (going second) has a massive advantage in this Chess brawl.

I dont think I will be playing this again after I finish my 5 wins tavern brawl quest

9 hours ago, Zadina said:

This new Tavern Brawl works exactly like the Chess boss from the recent One Night in Karazhan adventure. Both players start with only 10 health, one being the White King, the other the White King.

Derp.

24 minutes ago, Paracel said:

Derp.

Fixed it.

4 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Is this real? A brawl where the only RNG is draw and rest is completely skill based? I LOVE this brawl, it's simply wonderful. Additionally, players that have not completed Heroic Chess will be able to practice and gain gold at the same time.

It's OK, we'll get four weeks of Randamonium to compensate.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I LOVE this brawl, it's simply wonderful. 

Same here. Having one hell of a blast. It also makes you realise how braindead the average HS player is, but yeah...

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

It's OK, we'll get four weeks of Randamonium to compensate.

DON'T! GIVE! THEM! IDEAS!

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

DON'T! GIVE! THEM! IDEAS!

We all know that they're just rolling a really big pair of dice to decide which brawl to have. Every face has Randomonium. 

1 person likes this

On 10/7/2016 at 3:16 PM, TheBeninator said:

Being the black king is so OP

There's actually belief that you shouldn't play anything on turn 1 as white to counter the black advantage.

1 person likes this

On 7 October 2016 at 4:16 PM, TheBeninator said:

Being the black king is so OP

Idk, I went 5-1 while doing yesterday's daily, with 100% White King on my side. The only loss I've ever had in this Brawl was because of brilliant Neverlucky mulligan, where I, of course, have not seen a single Pawn until turn 3. Thank you, shuffler.

Didn't feel like Black was really OP. Just used my brain better and it worked out, time and again.