Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Browed

7.1 Artifact Build - Frost

9 posts in this topic

With the new PTR info, it seems Bad to the Bone gains a little (2 >3%), is it now viable to go to that before completing the last Gold trait via the Self Heal?

Obviously, I may end up testing this myself, but it's a lot of resource to commit ;)

Also, I'm not sure if this steers us more exclusively to Icy Talons seeing as the Razorice runeforge dropping off with Shattering Strikes is even less desirable due to ramp up time, unless we see return of the double Razorice runeforge setup eh ;)

Numbers:

If you exclude possible additional relic combinations for BttB (Bad to the Bone)

2% x 5 stacks = 10%,

3% x 5 stacks = 15%

Obviously, this is a fully scaling ability, but you knew that.

Edited by Browed
corrected

If you read bttb, it increases the dmg done by razorice, not it's effect, efficiency or dmg increase. Meaning the only dmg this trait increases is the dmg that razorice deals when it procs ( for me it crits around 5-7k). Meaning it's a terrible trait, unless they changed the wording on it. There's a reason the 1% increased frost dmg trait is our most desirable one (trait and relic-wise) while bttb is the very last trait you should put points into.

To be frank it doesn't matter too terribly much, most of our traits golden or other wise are rather unimpressive for frost. Beyond that alex hit the nail on the head, bttb is a very weak trait and slight buffs don't help it too much.  

1 person likes this

There ya go, it was worth me putting it out there :D

Would have wasted my time on it unnecessarily.

I'll amend the post to reflect.

Therefore, to me the most significant thing is the 10% to 15% change in vulnerability to Frost.

Edited by Browed

Just now, Browed said:

There ya go, it was worth me putting it out there :D

Would have wasted my time on it unnecessarily.

I'll amend the post to reflect.

never be afraid to ask a question, it's why we are here, and its better to ask and not make a mistake or have to back petal. plus if we don't have questions there is no need for me :D

TBH, I'm awaiting the patch to try some more intensive runs on the dummy...

As of now, getting fairly consistent 270 - 280k on the Acherus dummy. (Without Sindragosa)

(still going between Icy Talons and Shattering Strikes, I get good and bad RNG with both) 

Hoping for at least 300k come Wednesday.

When the legendary helm comes out of my bag finally after doing last research, I'll have to rebalance stats again:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Browed/advanced

I'm fairly happy that I've got soft-capped on crit + haste ( ingame it's 30% 20% )... just a bit irritating to sit on high ilvl gear in my bags that take me over 35% crit but drop my haste off the charts.

Edited by Browed

17 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

never be afraid to ask a question, it's why we are here, and its better to ask and not make a mistake or have to back petal. plus if we don't have questions there is no need for me :D

indeed, I'd never pretend to know it all or be infallible, good to have some watchful eyes to pick these things up :D

On 10/21/2016 at 2:25 PM, Browed said:

TBH, I'm awaiting the patch to try some more intensive runs on the dummy...

Hoping for at least 300k come Wednesday.

Well, needless to say I've been pleasantly surprised to be getting ~310k with the hybrid FSy build and ~330k with the RA/GA spec with very minor gear changes

Always nice to underestimate a buff :D ...  onward.

btw, are we traitors to our own kind to laugh at UH now >_<

Vindicated brothers :D ... I only see Frosties hitting dummy in Acherus now... damn FOTM players :P

1 hour ago, Browed said:

Well, needless to say I've been pleasantly surprised to be getting ~310k with the hybrid FSy build and ~330k with the RA/GA spec with very minor gear changes

Always nice to underestimate a buff :D ...  onward.

btw, are we traitors to our own kind to laugh at UH now >_<

Vindicated brothers :D ... I only see Frosties hitting dummy in Acherus now... damn FOTM players :P

hence my 7.1 master thread, there are more FOTM players than hardcore dedicated ones imo. 

However, at the moment the race is pretty close, frost is pulling ahead by 5% average, and that is so small of a difference to be gloated about. There are sampling issues and stuff like that which I could gladly give a statistics lesson here, basically mean its not huge. However, frost is going to scale very well (sorta) while unholy won't. So at high gear lvls when OBRA craps out we can move back to machinegun and giggle at huge numbers still while unholy will be in a terrible spot.

Then come 7.3 unholy will get huge buffs and no one will play frost XD. Honestly it seems each xpac blizz just has us ping pong around. 

but also to another point, frostscythe is dead and frankly im happy about that, its a 4+ target cleave ability as it should have been, OBRA is superior by far. Eventually we will descent into masterfrost, its inevitable, and then we'll get back into machinegun scythe. Until then

ASSAULT THE OBLITERATE BUTTON!!!!!