FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Buksh

DPS Help (Frost Mage)

Hi all,

Im not sure where to post this but im hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.

TL;DR - My DPS is awful and i want to increase it

I played fire & frost spec back in cata upto 85 and have recently got back into WoW again and finally realised what people talk about when they play "end game" i wish id known about raiding sooner!

However, My DPS isnt great at all im eq 959 ilvl but my DPS comes out as low as 8-900 sometimes or i can hold a steady 1.1-1.2M. Simc comes out around 1.7M (obviously in a perfect world) but i still feel im doing something wrong.

Ive watched videos, read forums and im sure my rotation is right. Im using Flask, Food and Runes and Pre-potting. I have some logs here of garothi.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRqCaL6jFVpW9MnG#fight=5&type=summary&source=23&view=events

and this is my Raider.io - https://raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Buksh

Not sure if ive posted this in the right place OR if ive given enough info to help. but anything would be hugely appreciated.

Edited by Buksh

Hey dude,

You are right you could do a LOT more, you should defenitly check out wowanalyzer its pretty accurate for frost mages and it points out all your mistakes.

As for your opener start with ebenbold -> icy veins-> flurry-> ice lance-> frozen orb. it can be hard to do the first few times so you should go to a training dummy and practice it.

you dont use ebenbold at all, its ur artefact weapon spell and you have to use it as soon as it is rdy(would have been 6 times in your garothi fight) 

Here is a link to your garothi fight

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XRqCaL6jFVpW9MnG/5-Heroic+Garothi+Worldbreaker+-+Kill+(4:42)/23-Buksh

Hey Buksh,

First try to get the Shard of the exodar leggo.  It's possibly the second best legendary for frost mages.  The leggo helm isn't nearly as good.  Also, the Tier 20 2 set from TOS is a must for frost mages.  That alone should help your dps by a lot.  I'm a mythic raiding frost mage that's now 9/11 mythic.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:12 AM, Toaster said:

Hey Buksh,

First try to get the Shard of the exodar leggo.  It's possibly the second best legendary for frost mages.  The leggo helm isn't nearly as good.  Also, the Tier 20 2 set from TOS is a must for frost mages.  That alone should help your dps by a lot.  I'm a mythic raiding frost mage that's now 9/11 mythic.

Bit late, but just wanted to say - I disagree on Shard vs. Helm, also disagree on T20 being a must. 

Assuming Heroic T21 gear, if you use T20 2-piece + Shard (and get full uses on it), you end up only 2% higher than using T21 4-piece + helm and wrists.

As you move into higher gear, the gap gets even smaller, unless you have insanely short fights that top parses often do.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:58 PM, Blainie said:

Bit late, but just wanted to say - I disagree on Shard vs. Helm, also disagree on T20 being a must. 

Assuming Heroic T21 gear, if you use T20 2-piece + Shard (and get full uses on it), you end up only 2% higher than using T21 4-piece + helm and wrists.

As you move into higher gear, the gap gets even smaller, unless you have insanely short fights that top parses often do.

If you look at all the top parses from mythic progression on warcraflogs then you will see that they are all using the ring and wrists with 2 piece tier 20 and 4 piece tier 21.  The buff is called Frozen Mass that comes from the tier 20 bonus.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:38 PM, Toaster said:

If you look at all the top parses from mythic progression on warcraflogs then you will see that they are all using the ring and wrists with 2 piece tier 20 and 4 piece tier 21.  The buff is called Frozen Mass that comes from the tier 20 bonus.

I understand that, but I think you should re-read my comment. I'm not disputing that the combo is top, but it is not a "must" by any means, especially not if you have very high gear levels, due to T20 being stuck at low item level without insane titanforging. The actual DPS difference between them is minimal if you have decent pieces to replace T20, especially when you aren't having the same fights top parses are. 

It's very different to compare a 1:30 felhounds kill vs. a 5 minute one. In both kills, the Shard has exactly the same worth in terms of contributed DPS.

As the fight gets longer, until you reach 5 minutes and beyond, the helm gains more damage value, because it continues to proc. Shard does absolutely nothing for 3:30 of the fight. 

The choice depends entirely on fight length, gear choices, etc.

• Like 1