FORUMS

I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Edited by Nireas

Hi Nireas

Just a small advice: As you're giving feedback to a guide it would be better to give at the guide-comment-section:

About the thing what you wrote, I can't give you any feedback because I really don't know frost DK at all ? . In general: i think as a DPS, you should always sim your char if you want to get the best result out of it. It's also heavy depended on what kind of boss (mechanics) you're fighting. Usually the guides on icy-veins give you a good overview what in which situations is a good choice. So you generally get can get good results.

4 hours ago, Allseye said:

In general: i think as a DPS, you should always sim your char if you want to get the best result out of it.

I completely agree. I didn't know about the comment section on the guides though. I just made the new account here. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      The probably most famous piece of World of Warcraft media seems to be the most popular South Park episode as well, as a recent competition held by the show itself had "Make love, not Warcraft" end up at the very top!
      The Epic Episodes tournament saw 64 episodes go head-to-head in a big bracket, with fans voting over Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube, with the grand finale coming down to Make love, not Warcraft and Scott Tenorman must die:

And in the end, the iconic WoW-themed episode won the day!
      (In case the episode link above doesn't work, try this one, as it's definitely time to re-watch it!)
      The episode is truly special, both to South Park and Warcraft, where it brought in so many new players to the game, as you can see from the many comments in the reddit thread talking about this recent win:
      That episode was the reason I started playing WoW, bought a copy that week and have been playing off and on since. - barking_labrador
      Me too. This episode changed the trajectory of my life - beanmachine89
      When I don't play for a few months (once it was two years) this episode tends to trigger a desire to play for me. - Jamileem
      Same. Literally not a day after I went down to Wal-Mart with my mom to pick up a copy and some game time. - or10n_sharkfin
      Same and to this day hear “No No I don’t wanna start over in the graveyard” every time I die - BumblebeePleasant749 We've also recently seen some major references to the episode being added to Hearthstone's United in Stormwind expansion, as the Sword and boar(s) made an appearance! And the official WoW Twitter account also mentioned the win!
    • By Staff
      The Mage Tower is returning in Patch 9.1.5 and players will be once again able to earn rewards, including a new Mage-Bound Spelltome mount. In this post, we're looking at which classes can attempt what challenges.
      You must complete every unique challenge available at the Mage Tower during Legion Timewalking to receive the mount.
      Reddit user SuperSoftwareNgineer created a useful table, which shows you the challenges each class can complete.

The player also created a calculator that you can access here.
      Source: Reddit
    • By Staff
      Completing the Mecha-Done achievement will be easier in Patch 9.1.5.
      Mecha-Done rewards the Keys to the Model W mount, but some requirements rely heavily on RNG. Therefore, Blizzard decided to make the following changes in the forthcoming patch to make it easier to get.
      (Source)
      Achievements
      The following changes have been made to Mecha-Done: Developers’ note: We’re smoothing out the rough edges in this epic meta-achievement to help players who are stuck on one of the more rare elements finally get that wheel mount! Vinyl: Triumph of Gnomeregan – Now a guaranteed drop from the Hard Mode version of the Reclamation Rig event. Vinyl: Battle of Gnomeregan – Drop rate increased from all hologram bosses. Blueprint: Holographic Digitalization Relay – Drop rate increased from all hologram bosses. Blueprint: Emergency Rocket Chicken – OOX-Fleetfoot/MG respawns faster and no longer despawns if not killed by the end of its path. OOX-Fleetfoot/MG now has a Vignette star that pings the minimap when he races by if you are eligible to loot OOX-Avenger/MG. Paint Vial: Lemonade Steel – Droprate of Exothermic Evaporator Coil increased. Duration of rain reduced, but the spawn rate of Oxidized Leachates during rain is drastically increased (700% faster). Oxidized Leachbeast now has significantly more chances to spawn during rain. "Playtime’s Over" and “Battle Tested” – Both of these quests are now always offered as follow-ups to “Toys of Destruction” (was 1, chosen randomly).
    • By Starym
      There has been a lot of talk about players swapping over from WoW to other games recently, a lot of it fairly unpleasant, as some players accuse others of "abandoning" the game while others criticize those that still play. Many of the players either leaving or taking a break have been playing Final Fantasy 14, (including some high-profile streamers) and we now have some comments from the game's director, Naoki Yoshida, regarding this tribalism and players being antagonistic towards swapping games.
      In an excerpt from an interview with PCGamer, Yoshida talks about the perception of players leaving WoW being a major factor in Final Fantasy 14's recent major growth, saying that nobody is making people quit one game in order to play the other. 
       [And they're not saying that] because you started Final Fantasy 14, you can never go back to WoW, you know? I'm afraid I'm not really fond of that trend of people saying, 'Oh this person has moved over to such and such game.
      But I also worry about some of these people getting a little too enthusiastic to the point where they are sort of binding people down, chaining people down and going into the community and almost attacking those people who want to take a break sometimes and maybe enjoy a different game and chain them down in that way.

- Naoki Yoshida, Final Fantasy 14 Director He also talked about how leaving and coming back to a game is actually a good thing, as it makes players appreciate the things is does differently more, saying "That's wonderful. I think it is important that we come in contact with new games. It's a new kind of stimulation, so it keeps us fresh." You can read more on this story over at PCGamer.

This isn't the first time Yoshida has spoken of WoW recently, as he praised the game as having inspired the "A Realm Reborn" revamp of FF14 and how he is generally fond of it, which you can read about here. 
    • By Staff
      This week's PTR notes bring changes to the Mecha-Done achievement, the arrival of the (awesome) datamined Lightforged Dranei Paladin class mount, a catch-up for Archivist’s Codex reputation, PvP changes, and more.
      PTR October 13 (Source)
      Hello everyone! 
      Here are this week’s 9.1.5 PTR notes:
      Achievements
      The following changes have been made to Mecha-Done: Developers’ note: We’re smoothing out the rough edges in this epic meta-achievement to help players who are stuck on one of the more rare elements finally get that wheel mount! Vinyl: Triumph of Gnomeregan – Now a guaranteed drop from the Hard Mode version of the Reclamation Rig event. Vinyl: Battle for Gnomeregan – Drop rate increased from all hologram bosses. Blueprint: Holographic Digitalization Relay – Drop rate increased from all hologram bosses. Blueprint: Emergency Rocket Chicken – OOX-Fleetfoot/MG respawns faster and no longer despawns if not killed by the end of its path. OOX-Fleetfoot/MG now has a Vignette star that pings the minimap when he races by if you are eligible to loot OOX-Avenger/MG. Paint Vial: Lemonade Steel – Droprate of Exothermic Evaporator Coil increased. Duration of rain reduced, but the spawn rate of Oxidized Leachates during rain is drastically increased (700% faster). Oxidized Leachbeast now has significantly more chances to spawn during rain. "Playtime’s Over" and “Battle Tested” – Both of these quests are now always offered as follow-ups to “Toys of Destruction” (was 1, chosen randomly). Allied Races
      Lightforged Draenei Paladins now have a unique class mount – the Lightforged Ruinstrider. Classes
      Monk Mistweaver Crane Adept’s Enveloping Mist from Fallen Order (Venthyr Ability) no longer gains cooldown reduction from the Monk’s Haste. Crane Adepts from Fallen Order (Venthyr Ability) now cast Enveloping Mist twice when summoned. Items and Rewards
      Au’Dara the Heirloom broker in Oribos now sells the following bind-on-account item: Timebound Ruminations – Grants 5000 experience points directly to a Adventures companion of your choice. Korthia and the Maw
      Korthia rares now have a chance to drop Relics on repeat kills (was a daily lockout for a chance at Relics). More Relic carrying enemies can be found in Korthia with the All-Seeing Crystal. Trained Gromit now locates more relic caches. Korthia Rifts A new weekly quest, “Lost Research”, will be available to characters at Tier 4 with the Archivists’ Codex or on alts with a Tier 4 character on the account. This new quest will direct players into the Korthian Rift and reward a large amount of Archivists’ Codex reputation and Cataloged Research. Enemies in Korthian Rifts now drop stolen Relic Fragments and a chance at Relics. Player versus Player
      Warlock Affliction Death Bolt (PvP Talent) now deals 50% of remaining damage over time (was 40%) and can no longer critically strike. Additionally, the spell now reaches the target faster. Rapid Contagion (PvP Talent) duration is now 20 seconds (was 15 seconds). Dark Soul: Misery (Talent) can no longer be dispelled. Destruction Bonds of Fel (PvP Talent) has been slightly redesigned – No longer snares the target and no longer splits damage with pets and guardians. Dark Soul: Instability (Talent) can no longer be dispelled. User Interface and Accessibility
      You can now access the Recruit A Friend pane by typing /raf A shorter alternative command has been added for Ready Check: /rc A shorter alternative command has been added for Countdown: /cd [seconds]