Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xaero

[Restoration] Stat weights?

3 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'm curious how you prioritize your stats as a resto shaman. This is me at the moment: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Zeevon/simple

Although I'm a bit heavy on crit at the moment, I try to prioritize like this:

Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Versatility

But I want to try and put some numbers behind this. For DPS I just sim my character to find the optimal weights, but as you probably know this is not as straight forward as a resto shaman, because no simulation is available at this point. And its hard to simulate accurately because of how our mastery works.

What kind of stat weights are you operating with when trying to determine optimal gear?

Edited by xaero
1 person likes this

I agree, i thought Mastery was the best to get, but now on Ask Mr. Robot it says to change everything to crit....

The trick is, of course, that stat weights change depending on your current stats. So Croq; it could well be that you have so much mastery that crit is now better for you..... This is all because of relative diminishing returns.

It is indeed very hard to calculate stat weights for any healer class. You can simulate a standing-still fight where everyone is always hurt. But even that is hard for Shamen due to the nature of our mastery. A lot, therefore, depends on your own healing style and the make up of your raid healer group. In general the Resto Shaman is most useful as AOE healer. That means you won't be healing people on low health often, you'll mostly be mitigating the effects of AOE damage. In my opinion (but correct me if I'm wrong) this makes Mastery less useful. But the same will be true for Crit. I've never liked Crit for healers since it makes you less predictable. This takes us to Haste and Versatility. Versatility is ideal because it improves throughput predictably without costing extra mana. Haste does the same but at a mana cost. But haste also improves reaction time.....

As said; I don't think it's easy (or even possible) to fully simulate the stat weight of any healer. There are more (and more important) factors to consider than pure, clean, throughput. When all is said and done the simulations can give us theoretical numbers but you'll have to adjust for your personal situation and preference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NasharStormrage
      So,
      Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.
      I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 
      Thoughts?... 

• By dyppe
      Hey guys. 
      I do know which stats enhancement should go for, but i'm finding it hard to find any clues on what the stat percentages should be? I've also heard that enhancement need to alot of mastery, but how much? 
      Like some classes has to so stack haste at a certain point and so on, but what are the most optimal stat percentages for enhancement?
      I'm asking because i think i might lack mastery and that i have too much crit. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Dyppekogeren/simple
    • By Antipater
      Hey all, 
      Been simming my char and im being directed massively towards vers and crit now, after hitting around 21% haste. SC is showing my haste to be worth close to zero now ive hit that point. 
      Im simming around 330k and outdoing this a good bit, which is ok. 
      Ive recently got BiS legendary in the cloak, and not sure if i trust the SC weights anymore. 
      Im leaning to going pure haste > crit > verse > mastery, regardless of the weights in SC. 
      Anyone any advice or tips around this?
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Antipater/advanced - My Armoury
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Ionyxz/advanced - Highest DPS ranked ret pala. For stat comparisons. 

Cheers,
      Anti

• By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By SheepyCakes
      I did a lot of searching before making this thread, but I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. I've been using VuhDo for a number of years now, maybe even as far back as 2009, and I've never had an issue with the spells and panels doing what I configured them to do. I've never played a Restoration Shaman before (I was a priest for many years), but for some reason, whenever someone in my group dies, even though I have told VuhDo to resurrect people when I click on their panel in the group, it does nothing. I tried telling VuhDo to also target the person I'm casting on, even though I find that unnecessary and annoying, but that didn't help. I tried completely resetting the configuration, re-installing VuhDo entirely, disabling other add-ons, but nothing has worked.

For context, I'm also using ElvUI, but even after I disabled it, VuhDo still won't res anyone. Has anyone had any experience with this? The develop site offered no real help.