Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xaero

[Restoration] Stat weights?

3 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'm curious how you prioritize your stats as a resto shaman. This is me at the moment: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Zeevon/simple

Although I'm a bit heavy on crit at the moment, I try to prioritize like this:

Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Versatility

But I want to try and put some numbers behind this. For DPS I just sim my character to find the optimal weights, but as you probably know this is not as straight forward as a resto shaman, because no simulation is available at this point. And its hard to simulate accurately because of how our mastery works.

What kind of stat weights are you operating with when trying to determine optimal gear?

Edited by xaero
1 person likes this

I agree, i thought Mastery was the best to get, but now on Ask Mr. Robot it says to change everything to crit....

The trick is, of course, that stat weights change depending on your current stats. So Croq; it could well be that you have so much mastery that crit is now better for you..... This is all because of relative diminishing returns.

It is indeed very hard to calculate stat weights for any healer class. You can simulate a standing-still fight where everyone is always hurt. But even that is hard for Shamen due to the nature of our mastery. A lot, therefore, depends on your own healing style and the make up of your raid healer group. In general the Resto Shaman is most useful as AOE healer. That means you won't be healing people on low health often, you'll mostly be mitigating the effects of AOE damage. In my opinion (but correct me if I'm wrong) this makes Mastery less useful. But the same will be true for Crit. I've never liked Crit for healers since it makes you less predictable. This takes us to Haste and Versatility. Versatility is ideal because it improves throughput predictably without costing extra mana. Haste does the same but at a mana cost. But haste also improves reaction time.....

As said; I don't think it's easy (or even possible) to fully simulate the stat weight of any healer. There are more (and more important) factors to consider than pure, clean, throughput. When all is said and done the simulations can give us theoretical numbers but you'll have to adjust for your personal situation and preference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0