Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xaero

[Restoration] Stat weights?

3 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'm curious how you prioritize your stats as a resto shaman. This is me at the moment: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Zeevon/simple

Although I'm a bit heavy on crit at the moment, I try to prioritize like this:

Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Versatility

But I want to try and put some numbers behind this. For DPS I just sim my character to find the optimal weights, but as you probably know this is not as straight forward as a resto shaman, because no simulation is available at this point. And its hard to simulate accurately because of how our mastery works.

What kind of stat weights are you operating with when trying to determine optimal gear?

Edited by xaero
1 person likes this

I agree, i thought Mastery was the best to get, but now on Ask Mr. Robot it says to change everything to crit....

The trick is, of course, that stat weights change depending on your current stats. So Croq; it could well be that you have so much mastery that crit is now better for you..... This is all because of relative diminishing returns.

It is indeed very hard to calculate stat weights for any healer class. You can simulate a standing-still fight where everyone is always hurt. But even that is hard for Shamen due to the nature of our mastery. A lot, therefore, depends on your own healing style and the make up of your raid healer group. In general the Resto Shaman is most useful as AOE healer. That means you won't be healing people on low health often, you'll mostly be mitigating the effects of AOE damage. In my opinion (but correct me if I'm wrong) this makes Mastery less useful. But the same will be true for Crit. I've never liked Crit for healers since it makes you less predictable. This takes us to Haste and Versatility. Versatility is ideal because it improves throughput predictably without costing extra mana. Haste does the same but at a mana cost. But haste also improves reaction time.....

As said; I don't think it's easy (or even possible) to fully simulate the stat weight of any healer. There are more (and more important) factors to consider than pure, clean, throughput. When all is said and done the simulations can give us theoretical numbers but you'll have to adjust for your personal situation and preference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SoloMD
      <Raging Time> of US Mal'Ganis is recruiting exceptional raiders for our mythic Nighthold roster. We are a very serious adult guild(18+) with a stellar team and take raiding extremely serious.
      Current Progression:
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare & 2/3M Trials of Valor 7/10M Nighthold
      Raid Times:
      Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:00pm-12:00am Server Time. (9:00pm-1:00am EST)
      Recruitment Needs:
      Currently Recruiting all talented DPS with Mythic NH experience and a Holy Paladin!

Priority:
      All DPS - High
      Holy Pally - High

Considering all DPS classes for spots!
      All other classes we are still taking into consideration!! So please don't think if your class is not above we don't want/need you!
      Requirements & What we expect:
      902 Minimum ilvl.
      42+ Artifact Trait Lgvel.
      BIS Optimized Gear.
      Discord
      RCLootCouncil.
      Full knowledge of your specialization inside and out.
      Knowledge of Nighthold and its Bosses.
      No drama.
      Ability to take responsibility for your mistakes.
      During your trial if you miss we will not take you into consideration
      Of course a sense of humor!
      Ability to make 90% of our 12 raids per month.
      Who are we:
      Raging Time was established in early February of 2016 in hopes of restoring the old raiding/guild atmosphere. We are a very loving and fun guild but raiding is extremely important to us.
      Trials/Applications:
      In order to get in contact with us about applying there will be two steps you will have to take. One being add the GM or add one of the following Officers in order to apply/ talk to us in obtaining a raid spot. Due to all of us being on at different times please add in the following order if you would like to get in contact as soon as possible, and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible. Once you add one of us on Real ID you are to do the following.
      Send one of us a battle net message of the following:
          Your current Item level
          Your current artifact trait level
          A link to your current armory
          A link to your logs if you have any(recommended not required)
          As well as how you found us whether it be from Mal Ganis forums, wowprogress, in game, or another source.

1.Orcbilagio(GM) - Orcbely#1393
      2. Magicloner- subtLe#1706 (Recruitment Officer)
      3. SoloMD (Officer) - Instakill#1696
      4. Psyxz(MDPS Officer) - Psyx#1649
      If you are interested in us please have no hesitation to apply and we look forward to possibly having you. Thank you!
    • By Cryea
      Hi Guys, I need little help with stats priority and rotation. I think, Im doing something wrong with my dps. Cant break 500k-550k DPS on single target and need advice to someone AoE target bosses in Nighthold.
      I send my armory:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Cryea/simple
      And the logs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7Tp6r4a2vKdtYPDg

Sorry for my bad english and its my first post.
    • By Timer
      Hey there!
      I'm 907 ilvl frost breath DK with the minimal 25% crit and 19-20% haste. I have 885 memento and convergence and I just got a 885 trinket with str and 1k crit.
      So excluding cases where ppl keep dying and with the new stat weights - is a pure stat trinket like that better than memento?
    • By icednixes
      Just trying to see why im doing slow low of heals. I come last in the raid, shaman and priest coming ahead of me and most fights im barely able to push and hold 300K in heals. on the rare chance i push higher but only on the short fights. Any help would be nice so i dont feel like im letting down my raid. 
      Here is my amory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Kibea/simple
      A few logs between, EN and Nighthold
      http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pnun1au1sxae5o8z/sum/healingDone/
      http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hrty4cvhe1h5ba18/sum/healingDone/
      http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-axscgxqmashw3pph/sum/healingDone/

The rotation im using is
      Tanks: ironbark+ward+life+rejv or regrowth
      raid: Wild+ essence or flourish
      high dmg: inn+tree+trang+Wild+ essence or flourish
      with efflorescence being put down when ever its up. 
    • By Shredderizer
      Salutations! I have a problem regarding stats and ilvl, i've uploaded 2 pictures of my stats and ilvl with 2 different setups.
      In one picture, my stats are (what i consider to be) pretty high except haste, but in order to have these stats i must sacrifice 6 ilvls.
      In the other my stats have decreased drastically (except haste, which has increase drastically, as well as my ilvl)
      So i wonder what i should set my focus on, my ilvl, or my stats?
      Sidenote: with high stats and ilvl 868, In most aoe cases i outdps my hunter friend who is 887 by several miles, his skills are questionable though...
      Thank you so much in advance :)