Damien

Heroes of the Storm Varian

12 posts in this topic

I really like the versatility Varian brings to the table. It is nice to see his character having such a strong representation in the game. Glory to the Alliance!

Is this a joke? You post here varian before he is on live servers but you wont even do samuro.

5 hours ago, Valhalen said:

I really like the versatility Varian brings to the table. It is nice to see his character having such a strong representation in the game. Glory to the Alliance!

Definitely. He allows you to play as required depending on the setup you're facing, rather than just adjusting a talent or two, you get a new hero!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Guest Salt said:

Is this a joke? You post here varian before he is on live servers but you wont even do samuro.

This is mainly down to the fact that different writers complete different guides. This means that the writer of the Varian guide may have nothing to do with the Samuro one.

With a revamp coming to many of the guides on our site for HoTS, it means some of the guides are slightly slower to be updated. In honesty, I can only apologise and ask once more for your patience!

56 minutes ago, Blainie said:

With a revamp coming to many of the guides on our site for HoTS, it means some of the guides are slightly slower to be updated. In honesty, I can only apologise and ask once more for your patience!

Does Varian's guide follow this new model? I noticed the info is more condensed within the main guide page, which is much better than the current format.

Edited by Valhalen

I just wanted to point out that your choice of Heroic effects the damage bonus from High King's Quest.  With Colossus Smash I was receiving 17 damage per quest at lvl20, with Twin Swords of Fury it's only 7.

I have a hard time believing that Johanna is a counter to Varian when his Talent Shield Shatter is possibly the best anti-Johanna tech in the game. Instantly turn off her trait and end her unstoppable... hmmm...

1 hour ago, Guest Dunamis said:

I have a hard time believing that Johanna is a counter to Varian when his Talent Shield Shatter is possibly the best anti-Johanna tech in the game. Instantly turn off her trait and end her unstoppable... hmmm...

Ironically I just won a game versus Johanna because of Shattering Throw. You are absolutely right, of course. 

Thanks for putting it up here! Will be fixed immediately. 

On 16.11.2016 at 0:58 AM, Valhalen said:

Does Varian's guide follow this new model? I noticed the info is more condensed within the main guide page, which is much better than the current format.

It does, yeah. We're always trying new things to make the site as useful to our readers as possible, so hopefully the new formats will be a big hit!

On 16.11.2016 at 7:59 AM, Guest Whitewingdevil said:

I just wanted to point out that your choice of Heroic effects the damage bonus from High King's Quest.  With Colossus Smash I was receiving 17 damage per quest at lvl20, with Twin Swords of Fury it's only 7.

Thanks for pointing that out :)

Minor quibble followed by actual topic for discussion: the description of parry talks about the difficulty of using it to block a strong attack and not accidentally blocking a weak one; is this from a previous build of the hero where the ability gave block stacks or something? as is you do not need to worry about "accidentally" blocking a weak attack; as long as they hit during that 1.25 seconds, there's no limit to how many attacks are parried...

can we chat a bit about shield wall? It feels completely crazy that a talent this good is basically never picked but, well, here we are!

Obviously Warbringer is ridiculously good; not trying to argue against that. The cooldown reduction though (even after it's nerf) seems extreme. The way things play out, shield wall might as well say "the cooldown on your charge is also increased by 8 seconds." Is it just me or is a *flat* 50% reduction on your most powerful basic ability (which normally has wquite a long CD) kind of unheard of?

TLDR; what would it take to make you pick shield wall, either in game or in a patch? I've picked it myself a few times in quick match and it is positively *nuts* but the forever cooldown on your charge really hurts a lot.

I think it would be really fair to reduce the base cooldown and also reduce the reduction on warbringer; something like 12 seconds going to 8 or 10 with warbringer (the stun brings a boatload of value to the talent already so the CD is really just icing on the cake imo)

Edited by Voltorocks

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor