Damien

Heroes of the Storm Varian

11 posts in this topic

I really like the versatility Varian brings to the table. It is nice to see his character having such a strong representation in the game. Glory to the Alliance!

Is this a joke? You post here varian before he is on live servers but you wont even do samuro.

5 hours ago, Valhalen said:

I really like the versatility Varian brings to the table. It is nice to see his character having such a strong representation in the game. Glory to the Alliance!

Definitely. He allows you to play as required depending on the setup you're facing, rather than just adjusting a talent or two, you get a new hero!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Guest Salt said:

Is this a joke? You post here varian before he is on live servers but you wont even do samuro.

This is mainly down to the fact that different writers complete different guides. This means that the writer of the Varian guide may have nothing to do with the Samuro one.

With a revamp coming to many of the guides on our site for HoTS, it means some of the guides are slightly slower to be updated. In honesty, I can only apologise and ask once more for your patience!

56 minutes ago, Blainie said:

With a revamp coming to many of the guides on our site for HoTS, it means some of the guides are slightly slower to be updated. In honesty, I can only apologise and ask once more for your patience!

Does Varian's guide follow this new model? I noticed the info is more condensed within the main guide page, which is much better than the current format.

Edited by Valhalen

I just wanted to point out that your choice of Heroic effects the damage bonus from High King's Quest.  With Colossus Smash I was receiving 17 damage per quest at lvl20, with Twin Swords of Fury it's only 7.

I have a hard time believing that Johanna is a counter to Varian when his Talent Shield Shatter is possibly the best anti-Johanna tech in the game. Instantly turn off her trait and end her unstoppable... hmmm...

1 hour ago, Guest Dunamis said:

I have a hard time believing that Johanna is a counter to Varian when his Talent Shield Shatter is possibly the best anti-Johanna tech in the game. Instantly turn off her trait and end her unstoppable... hmmm...

Ironically I just won a game versus Johanna because of Shattering Throw. You are absolutely right, of course. 

Thanks for putting it up here! Will be fixed immediately. 

On 16.11.2016 at 0:58 AM, Valhalen said:

Does Varian's guide follow this new model? I noticed the info is more condensed within the main guide page, which is much better than the current format.

It does, yeah. We're always trying new things to make the site as useful to our readers as possible, so hopefully the new formats will be a big hit!

On 16.11.2016 at 7:59 AM, Guest Whitewingdevil said:

I just wanted to point out that your choice of Heroic effects the damage bonus from High King's Quest.  With Colossus Smash I was receiving 17 damage per quest at lvl20, with Twin Swords of Fury it's only 7.

Thanks for pointing that out :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      After Ghost Protocol, the newest Brawl is Garden Arena, a best-of-three Arena match featuring the Garden Terror and Shamblers.
      If you complete the weekly quest objective, you will earn 1,000 Gold and a new Brawl portrait.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Our newest Heroes Brawl mode is Garden Arena: a best-of-three Arena match featuring the Garden Terror and its Shamblers. Gather seeds and overrun the enemies’ core with the power of nature!

RULES:
      Choose from one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the Arena. Be quick about it though, you only have 30 seconds to choose! Everyone will begin the round at level 10 and will be asked to choose a Heroic Ability. No other talents will be available. During each round, slay the enemy team’s Heroes and capture Seeds from the Garden Terror and its Shamblers. The first team to gather 100 Seeds wins the round! The first team to win two rounds will claim victory! REWARDS:
      Complete three matches of Garden Arena to earn 1,000 Gold and the following portrait:
      (Source)
    • By Stan
      People have been wondering why Dustin Browder has been so silent during last month. He's stepping down as the Game Director for Heroes of the Storm moving onto a new project whereas Alan Dabiri is stepping up for Browder.
      Dustin Browder went by the name "Rock" on the official forums and this is his goodbye post!
      Dustin Browder
      Working at Blizzard is the coolest. Our leaders support us in making the most awesome games I have ever played. We are encouraged to take the time we need to make them awesome, and then to keep improving them for years after they go live. We sometimes get exciting chances to work on other projects, too. I’m going to take one of those chances to try something new at Blizzard.

This was not an easy choice to make. I still play Heroes five nights a week, and sitting in the bullpen surrounded by this team has been the most intensely creative experience of my career. But one thing that’s making this decision easier is knowing the future of Heroes is in the right hands. 

Over the last few months, I have been transitioning my responsibilities to Alan Dabiri, a 20-year Blizzard veteran and a fellow Heroes of the Storm fanatic. In fact, since StarCraft entered the Nexus in September, the Heroes team has been releasing some of our best content to date all without my daily involvement and I’ve been thoroughly blown away with what they have delivered. For those who haven’t seen him on BlizzCon panels or doing interviews, Alan has had a hand in nearly every aspect of Heroes since the beginning, both in his role as our technical director and as part of the team’s collaborative development process. Alan is also a passionate member of the community, and he’s always in touch with what’s happening on Reddit, in our forums, and wherever you’re talking about Heroes. He’s been relentlessly working to make Heroes better for years, and I’m excited that he’ll be continuing to push the game forward as game director.  

The Heroes of the Storm team is one of the best game teams I have ever had the honor of serving on. I cannot believe how much work and love went into turning what started as a tiny mod into the epic experience that it has become today. And the team just continues to pour their passion, dedication, and expertise into patches, updates, and awesome new game features. 2017 is going to be a huge year for Heroes of the Storm, with new Heroes, Battlegrounds, a massive progression update, improvements to our ladder and matchmaking systems, new social systems, new Brawls, and more. 

I would like to say a special “Thank You” to everyone in the Heroes community who continues to support us and challenge us to make Heroes better, including everyone who has shared feedback with us on our forums, Reddit, esports sites, and strategy sites, and anyone who has ever sent me a Tweet. You’re the best, and your dedication and passion has made being part of the Heroes community and working on this game a blast.

While my day-to-day responsibilities might take me away from working on Heroes, I can guarantee I’ll always be watching Heroes esports, cheering on Alan and the dev team, and geeking out about the game. And if you’re looking for me, you can find me playing Ranged Assassin or Support in the Nexus.

- Dustin Browder
      (Source)
      Alan Dabiri the new Game Director, presented some big plans for the game in the Polygon interview. 
      Dabiri was a strong supporter of the concept which slowly became the newly-introduced Heroes Brawl Game Mode.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Pirate Aggro Warrior Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Aggro Jade Shaman Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Aggro Jade Shaman Gadgetzan Standard Deck.