FORUMS
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Varian

The comment for WarbringerWarbringer notes a stronger movement speed slow, which is no longer present in the talent.

While the guide talks about its synergy with Twin Blades of FuryTwin Blades of Fury (and it is pretty good),  I also like using Second WindSecond Wind when going for Colossus SmashColossus Smash. The extra healing from basic attacks (which is only heightened if you apply vulnerability to them) when below half health can surprise enemy heroes that try to duel/trade with you (Can turn around when chased by someone at low health and turn the tables: Smash, parry, auto, Q, auto) and it allows you to take merc camps with only a bit less ease then with Twin Blades of FuryTwin Blades of Fury.

On 18/11/2017 at 9:18 AM, Guest Gunnah said:

Why overpower and twin blades of fury in same build?

Because you can essentially hit with Heroic StrikeHeroic Strike repeteadly.

I play Fury Varian a lot, and imho High King's Quest at 1 feels better. The hardest part of it is without a doubt capturing 20 regen globes, but that can be done with some lane rotation and constant merc recruiting. Still, that's not as hard as grabbing 30 regen globes with Tyrael, for instance. Generally, even 2/3 of High King's Quest seems okay to increase your DPS more reliably as Twin Blades increases your attack speed, and you can't always count on being within attack range when you're protecting yourself from enemy damage with Parry for Overpower to work.

Edited by Leadblast
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Leadblast said:

I play Fury Varian a lot, and imho High King's Quest at 1 feels better. The hardest part of it is without a doubt capturing 20 regen globes, but that can be done with some lane rotation and constand merc recruiting. Still, that's not as hard as grabbing 30 regen globes with Tyrael, for instance. Generally, even 2/3 of High King's Quest seems okay to increase your DPS more reliably as Twin Blades increases your attack speed, and you can't always count on being within attack range when you're protecting yourself from enemy damage with Parry for Overpower to work.

Valid points indeed. I actually like using Lion's MawLion's Maw for Fury sometimes, to maximize the number of attacks while the target flees, due the increased damage, slow and duration. For me it's quite handy, specially when you're facing faster opponents.

Edited by Valhalen

Description for Warbringer is incorrect. It doesn't increase the slow.

Warbringer Icon Warbringer provides Varian with a better Movement Speed Slow to hunt his targets down more efficiently. Furthermore, lowering Charge Icon Charge's cooldown by 8 seconds is a huge asset to both his chasing and peelingcapabilities. We recommend picking it if you intend to pick Taunt Icon Taunt at Level 10, however, only against team compositions that lack burst damage and rely heavily on Basic Attack Assassins such as Illidan, Raynor, or Valla.

17 hours ago, Trensicourt said:

Description for Warbringer is incorrect. It doesn't increase the slow.

While WarbringerWarbringer does not increase the slow directly, it significantly reduces ChargeCharge cooldown, which in turn increases the slow uptime. So, it does improve Varian's Movement Speed Slow, albeit indirectly.

5 hours ago, Trensicourt said:

Just fix it. It's misleading information regardless.

How is it misleading? It does indeed "provide Varian with a better Movement Speed Slow to hunt his targets down more efficiently."

I think changing it to say better uptime on the slow would be the best choice. It's a lot clearer than what it is currently, since the current one does imply a direct improvement to the slow from a single charge.

Guest Keyboq

Noting that the quest's bonus affected by lvl 10 talent, which means that it's doubled for smash and reduced for twinblade.

Looking forward to the new changes.

A healing ranged attack and an escape charge is pretty huge.

The mind numbing spam of parry being removed should also be much funner to play, similar to Tyreal now.

So all good things I think.

I honestly much prefer the back to back parry because it brought up interesting plays. As a player, you should know when to bait out Varian's parries and when he is going to be vulnerable. The only issue with Varian was Live by the Sword talent, It allowed for 3 back to back parries and those weren't fun to play against some players (not for me, just deal with it and don't waste everything on that protect). I'm just worried that Varian is going to feel gutted because he has much lower stats than before.

Edited by Trensicourt

Guest Vulgrim

Should probably remove the "weak early game" from weaknesses after the recent patch.

Guest Nithilus

https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/varian#35.1!3321233

Fast and Fun

Its easy to show video with twin varian kick some ass, but even i see, that in that video most of the players are even worse than me, so of of course it kills all. The truth is that low level plays twin owns cause nobody know what to do against it (doesnt suppose to be to hard) but when they do even a little, its kinda useless. props for slav theme

• Like 1