FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
maviebris

New BM Stat Priorities with Mantle of Command

So I was fortunate enough to get mantle of command last night, and ran some quick sims. Based on my sims, it would seem that crit has over taken haste in the stat priority when using mantle of command. So stat priority is as follows:

agi > mast > crit > haste > vers

I haven't calculated weights, but the difference in simulations was significant. I'll leave the weight calculating to others. The idea is that with mantle of command and the changing function of dire beast, it is more advantageous to get more dire beasts from crit, than reducing the CD through haste. Maybe someone else can confirm this also.

I also agree that crit has taken over haste and the new select talents should be Big Game Hunter, Stomp, One with the Pack and Killer Cobra. I am not one to crunch numbers and always come here for my info but the difference I see in my dps with that setup is huge.

Edited by Atrou

recent sims for BM hunter and differences in spec... ran using .05 error rate... ursoc heroic... and ran some live tests on my toon.. differences are huge for single target dps...

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/77abbabfc9ab48e28f62175657980525 http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/35d37bde2d94425faaa51928b14f6aa0 http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/1469b6fbb11948499a6b68f014b2fa03

interested in others thoughts

possibly new BM spec

Edited by maviebris

Only reason big game hunter and one with the pack aren't useful is because you only get the first 20% of the bosses health with all that working in your favour. 

If you find using a different talent set up works for you and you can replicate those results then I suggest you try and pass them on to Azor so that he can look at them and possibly compare them for others. 

I tried out your builds and found myself at a significant dps loss compared to the 7.1 build and new Dire Frenzy/blink strikes build (which I will admit feels a little more fun than I thought it would).

You should try logging some actual data to add to this forum post, I'm sure Azor would be interested to see that. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andanath said:

Only reason big game hunter and one with the pack aren't useful is because you only get the first 20% of the bosses health with all that working in your favour. 

If you find using a different talent set up works for you and you can replicate those results then I suggest you try and pass them on to Azor so that he can look at them and possibly compare them for others. 

I tried out your builds and found myself at a significant dps loss compared to the 7.1 build and new Dire Frenzy/blink strikes build (which I will admit feels a little more fun than I thought it would).

You should try logging some actual data to add to this forum post, I'm sure Azor would be interested to see that. 

So I did switch to using Blink Strikes now but I'm still using Stomp... are you saying that Dire Frenzy is a better choice with Blink Strikes?

1 hour ago, b1sojf91 said:

So I did switch to using Blink Strikes now but I'm still using Stomp... are you saying that Dire Frenzy is a better choice with Blink Strikes?

Dire Frenzy is for pure single target, I was only suggesting combining the two on single target fights because of the fact they both buff your pet damage rather than getting stomp damage as an outside source. But stomp / blink strikes are both much better on AoE fights or anything more than pure single target. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 5:15 PM, Andanath said:

Dire Frenzy is for pure single target, I was only suggesting combining the two on single target fights because of the fact they both buff your pet damage rather than getting stomp damage as an outside source. But stomp / blink strikes are both much better on AoE fights or anything more than pure single target. 

That reminds me... I've never understood... is Stomp a one-shot damage when the pet first attacks or does it happen again during a fight? Sorry if this is a stupid question...

2 hours ago, BareMoon said:

That reminds me... I've never understood... is Stomp a one-shot damage when the pet first attacks or does it happen again during a fight? Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Yes, when you cast Dire Beast, the beast that you summon 'stomps' when it reaches the target and it hits all nearby targets. It happens every time you cast Dire Beast.

• Like 2

For sure Mantle is the best legendarie and dominates everything. I also simmed a "few" (=hundreds) things and I probably got one of the best sums for bm(200sec Ursoc hc). http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/066edface4b54f03ad82919df766e391

Talents: Way of the Cobra and Killer Cobra....Rest left

Pls dont take this to serious, just wanted to know how far we can go...

Edited by Granei