Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar DK Tank Style

45 posts in this topic

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Blood Death Knights attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Tips:

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:

Links:

Norushen

Tips:

Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:

Links:

Galakras

Tips:

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:

Links:

Malkorok

Tips:

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:

Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:

Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:

Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:

Links:

I think Desecrated Ground might break the stun of Gouge. This ability is cast by He Softfoot in the Fallen Protectors encounter in case you didnt turn around fast enough.

this is not verified, just a speculation.

1 person likes this

I think Desecrated Ground might break the stun of Gouge. This ability is cast by He Softfoot in the Fallen Protectors encounter in case you didnt turn around fast enough.

Icebound definitely does, so the glyph may be useful in this case.

Gorefiend's does NOT work on the blobs on Immurseus. Death Grip, Remorseless Winter, Chains of Ice and Chillblains all work perfetly on those adds.

Tank add in the solo phase on Norushen is easily killable with DRW. Taking the Asphxyate talent can help with interupts.

The adds that attack the NPC's on Galarakas are best dealth with via Asphxyate. This can be used while they are moving and prevents them from even begining to cast their fixate, where as Death Grip does not cancel their charge, only prolongs it.

Edited by Alyxandar
1 person likes this

Immerseus:

I haven't tested Chilblains, but I can confirm that Chains do work.

Norushen:

I'm also not sure but I think I avoided an application of Corruption when soaking a Manifestation with AMS. (If someone can confirm, would be great)'

Not sure if this is very useful info, but Manifestations can be Deathgripped.

Edited by Ceraius
1 person likes this

spell_shadow_antimagicshell.jpgAnti-Magic Shell can prevent the application of sha_ability_rogue_bloodyeye.jpgSelf Doubt in the Norushen encounter.

My Raid was able to keep Mark of Anguish on me the entire of the Desperate Measures phase also. Required smart use of my defensives though.

(I think that's the stacking tank debuff right?)

Confirmed this in a raid last night.

Edited by Antenora
1 person likes this

Immerseus

Remorseless Winter, Glyphed Death and Decay and Chains of Ice can and should be used to slow/stun the sha puddles.

Remorseless Winter presents a advantage over Gorefiend Gasp (it work in the puddles too), beacause it AOE slows and stun the adds, making pretty easy to kill a group of them.

Death Grip is very usefull too and should be used on sha puddles.

1 person likes this

Self Doubt tip under fallen protectors should be under Sha of Pride.

Mark of Anguish tip should be under Fallen Protectors.

Edited by Antenora
1 person likes this

Galakras

Make sure to deathgrip the bonecrushers off the friendly npcs when they cast fracture. Time it so you grip after they have started channeling fracture, otherwise they will just run back and redo it. When the king is targed by This in melee range just run a bit out and grip him to prevent him from dying.

Also remorseless winter works on most mobs in the waves.

Edited by Hrungne
1 person likes this

Galakras

I recommend speccing into Asphyxiate for one more Fracture interrupt in case DG is on cooldown. There's no use for the minor mobility increase from Death's Advance anyways.

Also as Hrungne pointed out, make sure they've started the cast before DGing. As far as I noticed the stun can be cast before they start their cast of Fracture.

Iron Juggernaut

If you're soaking a Crawler Mine try stacking up as much Blood Shield as you can for it. You'll barely take any damage from it.

Edited by Ceraius
1 person likes this

Self Doubt tip under fallen protectors should be under Sha of Pride.

Mark of Anguish tip should be under Fallen Protectors.

Oh right tongue.png

So i am in a small progession guild and i know for the first boss: AMS will almost completely absorb corrosive blast. Gorefiend's grasp will grip in the dps puddles not the healing ones just to clean that little misundstanding up as well chillblains does slow the dps puddles.

On the second boss AMS will help with the instant posion ability of the rogue if u are tanking him plus if u use dancing rune weapon the parry will help will help with taking less damage also. It sucks but u cant grip any of the adds so just taunting and sliencing them to get them to move around is all u got.

On Norshen u can grip the big adds around i liked to pull them slightly out of melee range of the boss to ensure that i pick the orb up. Another cool thing i found is if u the big add is out of grip range u could possibly gorefiend's grasp them to the boss then grip them alway my pally off tank hates the fact i can move them so much lol.

On the sha of pride i have found that u can gorefiend's grasp all the self reflections if it helps for range to dps while not taking any damage and aoeing the boss at the same time. Also if u have roiling blood and glpyh of pestlience u can dot all the adds due to the increased range it helps for alittle bit more dps well i hope i have helped someone and i have not yet gotten to any other bosses so not sure wat u can do on them but i will post when i know ty for letting me post.

Edited by tweekerjr
1 person likes this

so i am in a small progession guild and i know for the first boss ams will almost completely absorb corrosive blast and gorefiend's grasp will grip in the dps puddles not the healing ones just to clean that up and on the second boss ams will help with the instant posion ability of the rogue if u are tanking him and it sucks but u cant grip any of the adds and on norshen u can grip the big adds around i liked to pull them slightly out of melee range of the boss to ensure that i pick the orb up a cool thing i found is if u the big add is out of grip range u could possible gorefiend's grasp them to the boss then grip them alway my pally off tank hates the fact i can move them so much lol and on the sha of pride i have found that u can gorefiend's grasp all the self reflections if it helps for range to dps while not taking any damage and aoeing the boss at the same time plus if u have roiling blood and glpyh of pestlience u can dot all the adds due to the increased range it helps for alittle bit more dps well i hope i have helped someone and i have not yet gotten to any other bosses so not sure wat u can do on them but i will post when i know ty for letting me post

Hey smile.png Could you please make a paragraph for each boss? It'd be much much easier to read tongue.png

Hey smile.png Could you please make a paragraph for each boss? It'd be much much easier to read tongue.png

ok i broke it down is that good enough?

1 person likes this

just wanted to confirm that Chillbains, chains, death drip, remorseless winter, gorefiend's grasp, glyphed Death and Decay all work on puddles in immerseus.

Remorse is probably better than gorefiend's since gorefiends only pulls them together not back, and it does not slow.

Remorseless winter can be used to stun a stacked group of adds but also to slow adds when they are more spread out. since remorse is simply a stacking debuff application, you can simply walk past a puddle and still get 2-3 stacks on it.

1 person likes this

thok the bloodthirsty

Anti Magic Shell - using it before freezing, scorching and acid breath preventing application of stacks

1 person likes this

another for immerseus,

anti magic shell and zone both help alot with soaking corrosive blast. AMS can also be used to remove the damage component for Swirl (note that you will still get knockback)

1 person likes this

ok i broke it down is that good enough?

Yup, it's good ;)

Iron Juggernaut

-AMS seems to work great for Flame Vents

-Stacking blood shield before jumping on the mines is a good idea, but given that its physical damage, you could also try glyphing IBF, and using that more frequently. 

Kor'kron Dark Shaman 

-If you get caught in the path of Foul Stream, AMS is a great way to mitigate some damage. 

-Foul Slimes can be slowed using Chill Blains as well as glyphed Death and Decay. This helps with kiting the slimes as ranged take them down.

-If you have to walk through the Ashen Wall for some reason, IBF is great help. 

These tricks worked for me, hope it helps.

Edited by Ingvlar
1 person likes this

Malkorok

If you want a significant boost on the Miasma shield from the get go, summon a ghoul/army pre pull and death pact it right when the Miasma is applied.

1 person likes this

This does not work, using it just before Gouge, or during the "stun". I think it's cause it's not a stun but "incapitate". Not quite sure why maybe but it's definetly not working either way.

Icebound Fortitude I haven't tried before Gouge, but during the "stun" it doesn't work as well.

Ok, That's very good to know. I kinda assumed it would work since incapitation is loss of control right?

I also found that both Remorseless winter and Gorefiends grasp are quite usefull on Galakras, Aphyscate is also advised for the Tidal Shamans

I'd save Asphyxiate for Bonecrushers' Fracture if they happen to go on King Wrynn aka too close for Death Grip. There's usually enough Interrupts and Stuns on the shamans from the raid anyways since those are focused by everyone first.

Edited by Ceraius
1 person likes this

On blackfuse, you get a lot of vengeance for about 10 seconds whenever an add dies (conveyor belt or shredder).  Good time for a dodge-on-use trinket (which riposte will convert to crit rating) and DRW to do even more damage with all that attack power.  Not to mention that both those things will help you survive the hits and need less healing tongue.png.  EDIT: Probably better to use DRW on shredders, to kill them faster.  e.g. during death from above.  Less stress on healers is always good.  My fellow tank (bear druid) was generally killing his shredders faster than I was.

Blackfuse was the first fight in SoO normal10 where my tank cloak procced usefully (i.e. not during a wipe).

Thok is fun as a blood DK.  Since I always time death strike to keep a big blood shield rolling while I'm not tanking, I took very little damage from the physical aoe.  And of course avoided losing bones from my bone shield on fully-absorbed damage - probably had 90% uptime.  WoL doesn't account for the bone shield I had before the pull :/  Going into a kite phase with one of the tank DoTs ticking on me, I sometimes had to death strike the boss or the jailer to keep my HP up, or even lichborne heal while healers scattered.  Going to miss 2T15 free Rune Taps when I replace it.  Didn't realize how good that was until I got used to using it.  I need to get my hands on glyph of regenerative magic to reduce the cooldown on AMS, would have been quite nice.

Only bad thing as a DK: his roar will interrupt your army of the dead channel.  At least being shadow-locked isn't a big deal.  So it's not really usable as a defensive CD once damage starts to ramp up, best just get it out early-ish sometime before taunting.  (I was tanking 2nd every phase, druid was going first as well as holding the jailers).  Could have gotten some more dps from grabbing some vengeance and riposte uptime, and seeing how close we were to all being dead when the boss fell over in the final kite phase...

Edited by Karsteck
1 person likes this

This does not work, using it just before Gouge, or during the "stun". I think it's cause it's not a stun but "incapitate". Not quite sure why maybe but it's definetly not working either way.

Icebound Fortitude I haven't tried before Gouge, but during the "stun" it doesn't work as well.

yes nothing stoppes the gouge sadly but hey just turn ur back to him and itll be ok