Topic Details

Unholy or Frost - which is most fun?

5 replies to this topic Started by Hattifnatt, Jul 03 2012 03:14 PM dk frost unholy
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hattifnatt
  • Hattifnatt
  • Vagrant
  • LocationSweden
Hi! I played Unholy DK in WotLK, and thought it was really fun. When Cataclysm came, I started playing Arcane Mage again and kind of "forgot" about my little DK gnome. Now, I will reach lvl 85 with her today and is thinking about trying the Frost specc. What is the biggest difference and which of those two would you say is the most fun to play? I know Blood is for tanking and that I don't want to do. I'm a lousy player and need an easy playstyle. Btw, thank you for a very nice Arcane Mage guide, I went from really crappy and embarrassing to one of the best dps in my guild Posted Image

/Cheers from Lisa
Bazinga!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
If you want an easy spec to play, go Frost. Frost also doesn't require a ton of gear to do decent DPS, so it's a great entry spec. You also have a ton of buffs and utility in AoE, so you'll contribute almost right out of the gates. Unholy requires diligence, pet control, and buff watching, so it can be a bit more cumbersome than Frost. Both UH and Frost are pretty close to each other in equal parses, but when both are played to its maximum, UH comes out just a tad ahead. Icy-Veins DK guides should provide you all the tools you need to set up your DK. If all you want is an easy spec to play on an alt, check Frost out. You won't be disappointed.

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14H

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hattifnatt
  • Hattifnatt
  • Vagrant
  • LocationSweden
Ok, thanks, I will try :) I can start by making a secondary talent in case I change my mind and want to go back to UH again!
Bazinga!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France
I second what Zagam said. Frost is much easier to play than Unholy, and it can arguably be considered more "fun" too. Let us know if you run into any problems and we'll be glad to help :)

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

LCSscallywag
  • LCSscallywag
  • Knight
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM
I have an UH offspec on my Blood DK. I really have no clue what I'm doing and it's just embarassing in general. The joy of having a zombie friend is cool but other than that it just seems ridiculous.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Sliquelock
  • Sliquelock
  • Peasant
  • LocationFredericksburg,Virginia
Back in WotLK I dual-specced Blood dps/Unholy dps and since Cata specced my DK for Unholy PVE and Unholy PVP. I have to say in the right hands it definitely gives Frost a run for top of the charts in PVE,i cant begin to talk about the tells i gotten from Frost DK's saying how my deeps were impressive and getting questions about Unholy in general. On the PVP side of things Frost does burst a lot better than Unholy but where we shine is sustained damage and constant pressure on healers and dpsers....Necrotic Strike and Gurthalak Tentacles for the win!!!! I may try Frost in MOP but for now UHNOLY is where im staying. If your on Illidan and want to ask something Unholy related feel free to holla at me,if i can i'll try my best to help you out!!

Edited by Viperius, 06 July 2012 - 04:51 PM.

5554680QxlkQ.png

ITS HARD OUT THERE FOR A PIMP...WHEN ALL YOUR SHARDS AND MANA DONE GOT SPENT!!!

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users