Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fury mastery - does it scale better with time?

3 posts in this topic

i have been thinking about fury warriors and our mastery for a while now, and it seems to me that, with better gear, mastery gets closer and closer to strait up beating str 1:1.

I havn't run any real math on this yet, but it seems logical that with str only adding a steady amount of dps and mastery giving us a % increase to our dps, mastery should sooner or later get better then str when we have enough basic dps to support it, and have Thok's Tail Tip

i would like to hear other's thoughts on this.

-tonaramir, EU, The Maelstrom

Yes mastery does improve as you get more gear specifically as you get more crit. As far as reforging and gemming goes, you cant reforge to strength so after hit, expertise (to cap) and crit you take mastery. With gems you get twice as much mastery then strength so it would be a better choice but crit is by far our best stat especially with thoks so no reason to worry about mastery.

Tldr crit is best only time you worry about mastery is reforging after crit, exp, hit.

As aequitas said, mostly. It doesn't matter really whether Str>Mastery or Mastery>Str, because you should almost never have to choose between those two. Since crit is and will stay our best secondary stat for the rest of this expansion (at least) you shouldn't have to worry about the relative weight of mastery.

If you have some more specific questions on this topic feel free to ask :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dethro
      Hello guys,
      I play Fury Warrior and I'm having a dilemma in trinket choice. So far I have been using heroic version of Ursoc's Rending Paw and ilvl 845 Nightmare Egg Shell. Today I got HC Warforged (ilvl 875) Ravaged Seed Pod from Nythendra. According to the icy-veins guide and simcraft, the ravaged seed pod is worse than nightmare egg shell, but there is a huge difference between ilvl. I think I do higher dps with egg shell, but should I sacrifice it for ilvl boost from 857 to 859? I would appreciate any advice.
      EDIT: I know the best trinkets are Chaos Talisman and Faulty Countermeasure, but I haven't been lucky on drop yet.
      Here is also link to my armory:
      Thanks in advance for your replies :-)
    • By Keldren
      I use AMR to quickly get an idea of different gear upgrades pretty often. With the changes to mastery they have yet to really set up a new default stat weight and I didn't really like the stat weight they had before anyway. I know the priority of Vers>Haste>Mastery>Crit. This is more about the technical weights for AMR.
      Does anyone have any thoughts on what stat weighting they use for AMR or what the new weights should be?
      Thank you.
    • By Dinomight
      Hey Guys,
      I just swapped to fury and not entirely sure if I lose the Rampage damage if I hit another ability too soon. I know there's three hits to Rampage, but I'm not quite sure if I lose the last 2-3 hits if I spam Bloodthirst (or whatever) before Rampage has completed the animation.
      Any clarification would be awesome.
      Thank you,
    • By Skyler110
      Hello all i was just wondering if anyone had a good addon for tracking who is in the range for the new Holy Paladin Mastery.
      - Thanks
      - Kizroll
    • By Flaccid
      Is too much mastery a thing? Gearing up for legion raiding, I've basically just been trying for item level and not worrying about stat priority. Now that I'm around 845+ ilvl I need to really start worrying about it. Right now I'm sitting at 104% mastery, 26% crit, and 4% haste. In 5 mans, this is awful, I really need to up my haste for sure, but what about for raids? I still think I can afford to drop mastery for haste and going off the sticky that talks about stats, I can probably afford to trade out crit for some haste as well. What levels are you guys looking to reach? I haven't played since cata and just came back for legion, are there still haste breakpoints you try to hit nowadays? Any help would be appreciated!