FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liseth

Help me increase my dps please

So, my guild and me are trying Eonar mythic, and I feel like I can deal more aoe dps.
Here is gear that I am currently using, and I also have these in my bags:

And here some logs of the fight.

So, what can I do to improve? Any tips and tricks would really help.

Edited by Liseth

Just looking at your casts timeline, it seems like you completely lose any sense of spell priority on this fight.

You don't use BT enough when at adds, meaning your Enrage uptime kinda sucks. You just throw out WWs instead without bothering to try getting Enraged. Using WW 6 times in a row without Rampage or Bloodthirst is not only a waste of Meat Cleaver procs, but a waste of potential damage.

You delay your Odyn's a bit too much, possibly due to a lack of knowledge in regards to movement. Holding it for a "bigger pack" can often just lead to you missing casts. Use it as you need it.

Same goes for Battle Cry.

• Like 1

I really don't know what you are doing most of the time.

See your activity on the second wipe:

You.thumb.jpg.6e5500a501a53f8a524a6263b2453397.jpg

Compared to my activity:

Me.thumb.jpg.a942846a440dcbb22345b3d42c2186f2.jpg

Sometimes you just press BC and cast 1 RP .. nothing more.

And the things Blainie mentioned that you just press WW without enrage, also OF not enraged. Phew.. just don't know where to start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milka said:

And the things Blainie mentioned that you just press WW without enrage, also OF not enraged. Phew.. just don't know where to start.

There's points where they just cast Execute with no previous casts, meaning they must either have insanely good other DPS in the raid (doesn't seem like it) or they don't know where to go. To be arriving at the Execute phase at the adds is pretty strange.

Yep, If you check the timeline casts of the whole raid it's even more confusing. They literally doing nothing for a whole minute whilst the other members of the raid are casting and fighting.

Starting at 113 seconds and going to 250 seconds both Warris are idling. May a single cast or a Charge, nothing more.

Sorry about that, but I'm really wondering how they did get so far.

1 hour ago, Milka said:

Yep, If you check the timeline casts of the whole raid it's even more confusing. They literally doing nothing for a whole minute whilst the other members of the raid are casting and fighting.

Starting at 113 seconds and going to 250 seconds both Warris are idling. May a single cast or a Charge, nothing more.

Sorry about that, but I'm really wondering how they did get so far.

Could it be that their RL is assigning them to a position too early? So they're standing and waiting? If you check the replay, they are waiting ages (both Warrs) to move up to the Paraxis to deal with the add. 

The replay doesn't work on the actual Paraxis, so I can't see how they deal with the crystal, but maybe they're taking way too long to click on the crystals and so have nothing to do. Could be due to bad assignment, not sure.

46 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Starting at 113 seconds and going to 250 seconds both Warris are idling. May a single cast or a Charge, nothing more

There is an issue that at some time 1 group is hitting adds, while other one is being afk, like on this replay around 2 min, where upper group just waits for adds to spawn. 

35 minutes ago, Blainie said:

The replay doesn't work on the actual Paraxis, so I can't see how they deal with the crystal, but maybe they're taking way too long to click on the crystals and so have nothing to do. Could be due to bad assignment, not sure.

Paraxis is fine, the problem is we can't get like 5-10% at the end of the fight. A lot of wipes ended with eonar getting dead while having 95% power charged.

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

You delay your Odyn's a bit too much, possibly due to a lack of knowledge in regards to movement. Holding it for a "bigger pack" can often just lead to you missing casts. Use it as you need it.

Same goes for Battle Cry.

With the Convergence trinket it happens that I use BC while Odyn's is around 10-20 sec cooldown, so I just press BC->Rampage->BT->RB->Rampage and just leave the Odyn's for next BC. Should I wait while Odyn's get off cd to burst? Or should I just pop it anytime without BC?

2 hours ago, Liseth said:

With the Convergence trinket it happens that I use BC while Odyn's is around 10-20 sec cooldown, so I just press BC->Rampage->BT->RB->Rampage and just leave the Odyn's for next BC. Should I wait while Odyn's get off cd to burst? Or should I just pop it anytime without BC?

The problem with this is that you're basically losing casts of Odyn's because you will then delay it to fit the next BC. If you're between packs and waiting, that's fine, or you get it off CD right as a pack dies. Eonar is a fight that makes you ignore most advice about lining up cooldowns simply because of how horribly its spread. But waiting to line up cooldowns, you can lose so much DPS through this thing of "I'll use it with the next one, oh wait, crap, the pack is dead, gotta wait 30 seconds now to use them both, could have had another use in that time". 

With BB spec you have a nice AOE burst without Odyns too. So I would just go BC, but not if you have only one hit on the add left.

Don't delay BC for Odyn's. Otherwise using Convergence have a very negative effect on your dps

4 hours ago, Milka said:

With BB spec you have a nice AOE burst without Odyns too. So I would just go BC, but not if you have only one hit on the add left.

Don't delay BC for Odyn's. Otherwise using Convergence have a very negative effect on your dps

Eonar is just such a horrible fight to give advice for - it's so dependent on how many adds are up, how long they are alive, where you are, how far you need to travel, how long for the spawn. It's just a nightmare :(

• Thanks 1

To be honest, I like Eonar.

Bursting the adds to the ground when they spawn is my job :)

Try Sephuz + Berserkers on this fight, it's really fun.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milka said:

To be honest, I like Eonar.

Bursting the adds to the ground when they spawn is my job :)

Try Sephuz + Berserkers on this fight, it's really fun.

It's a fun fight, definitely - I love it as a Frost DK, my Sindragosa's puts me at like 15M DPS on the first pack, but trying to advise people on how to improve on it sucks :p

So another question for you guys, which legendaries I use in mythic+? I see a lot of people using belt + sephuz, but also a lot uses belt + pants. So how do I choose which legendaries I need to wear?

2 hours ago, Liseth said:

So another question for you guys, which legendaries I use in mythic+? I see a lot of people using belt + sephuz, but also a lot uses belt + pants. So how do I choose which legendaries I need to wear?

Depends on the dungeon, depends on the affix. 

Sephuz when you can reliably proc it and benefit from the proc, like DHT or Vault where interrupts are not only important, but constantly available.

Belt is almost always going to be your best choice in M+, but you don't have to use it in all dungeons. You can do Seat +15 or higher without using it, but you need a slightly different group setup than the usual Boomkin + Affl + You.

If you're not using Belt, then you'll use Pants and go for a single-target burst setup where you run Pants + Soul. For this, you sacrifice your AoE to focus down targets. This is very useful in, again, very high level Seat of the Trium, since you need the ST focus far more than you need cleave there. You can still very effectively run an AoE build there, there's just a very large possibility of using a ST build.

Basically, run Sephuz + Belt for almost every M+. If you need the target prio damage, you run Pants + Soul.

So today while waiting for the weekly chest I inspected some people in my class hall, and found the guy with full closed mythic and he was using Enchant Cloak - Gift of MasteryEnchant Cloak - Gift of Mastery instead of Enchant Cloak - Binding of StrengthEnchant Cloak - Binding of Strength. So is it better to go full mastery? In pawn string I got from askmrrobot I have strength = 17.13 and mastery 32.77 so 200*17.13 = 3426 while 100*32.77 = 3277. Help me out pls.

Edited by Liseth

6 hours ago, Liseth said:

So today while waiting for the weekly chest I inspected some people in my class hall, and found the guy with full closed mythic and he was using Enchant Cloak - Gift of MasteryEnchant Cloak - Gift of Mastery instead of Enchant Cloak - Binding of StrengthEnchant Cloak - Binding of Strength. So is it better to go full mastery? In pawn string I got from askmrrobot I have strength = 17.13 and mastery 32.77 so 200*17.13 = 3426 while 100*32.77 = 3277. Help me out pls.

Depends on gear. For him, that might have been best. Run a gear comparison sim on Raidbots and swap the two enchants - you'll see which one sims higher.