Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wynn3r

Brief Elite Pack Guide [Melee Wizard \\ Demo For Upcoming Videos]

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

This is my new sample video with whats upcoming within the next few weeks.

I will be going doing in depth guides on all the more complex affixes from a Melee Wizard perspective.

Along with this I will be also showing a complexion of different builds that I have tried out and what I think

about them.There will also be a How To ; Series within the next few weeks. I am going average on about

3 videos per week.

Link :

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRkECZaD2M&feature=plcp

Any requests, questions or feedback are greatly appreciated.

Wynn3r

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/Wynn3rGaming

Edited by Wynn3r
3 people like this

Thanks for posting this. It's very good quality, as usual, and nicely explained. :)

Keep up the great work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Amondra
      Because of my boyfriend's work he is limited on the time he can play, and thus sadly, we cannot raid in a mythic guild. So we are looking for a more casual guild who does mythic dungeons and Heroic level raid content.
      Here is a little about us:
      We have been plaything this game for about as long as we have been together, which is to say ten years. We both have raided through various expansions and are competent raiders. When we get into a guild we want to give our all and help as much as we can. While we are both friendly, I'm a salty woman and swear a lot when in voice chat >.< 
      We CANNOT raid on Wed, Sat, and Sun.
      And we can only raid between 9pm-12am East Coast time. 
      Here is my boyfriend's character, and he can dps, just prefers to tank:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Helbindi/simple
      And here I am:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Amondra/simple
      We have no problem changing factions, though it will take us a bit to move all our characters over, but we would like to stay on our Server Turalyon. 
      What we want from our potential new guild:
      As stated above we would like a guild the is causal, but still progressive, but has a focus on the heroic level content. Outside of that we would like to find a home for our characters and a guild that feels more like family and not some people we raid with for a few hours a week. A guild where the guild is helping provide the stuff needed for raid and not just leaving it up to everyone to help themselves. We are to feel like we are in a guild. 
      We would prefer the voice chat used be Discord.
      My btag is Amondra#1717
    • By Thundorn
      I finally grew a pair and took my Disc priest into some pugs and decided to write some notes on my experience.

First observation was that Leap of faith comes in a lot more useful than it should. Because so many mobs now drop "shite" on the floor, not just bosses, and because there are so many people who seem completely oblivious to that purple / green / swirly thing they are standing in, you find yourself pulling them out of it a lot. As my main is a ret pally, it is sad to say that it is predominantly Melee dps who are the culprits for this one, and the overwhelming majority seem to be Demon hunters (not sure if this indicates that a larger number of idiots are playing DH class or or if I just experienced an unbalanced number of them on the day)
      Atonement healing: Atonement healing is a great mechanic, but it only works if you plan well in advance. Discipline priests are not and never have been reactive healers, they have always been pro-active, and nothing has changed, now however instead of making sure your bubbles are refreshed, you are now making sure that your atonement is refreshed, so that you can spam your DPS rotation to keep those green numbers flowing. It is not worth keeping atonement up on everyone unless the entire group is taking aoe damage. As long as the tank is doing their job, the only people who should require attention are the tank themselves and the Melee dps who stray into cleave damage or damage pools. If you try to keep atonement up on everyone all the time you will have mana problems, as Plea gets more expensive the more people are buffed.
      Shadow mend: Shadow mend is your panic button. for those times when that Melee DPS just wont get out of the damaging pool, or stands in cleave damage, and their health takes a sharp drop, provided you have planned ahead, you should be able to throw in a couple of shadow mends whilst your DOT ticks keep everyone else topped up via atonement. Remembering of course that for as long as you are in combat, Shadowmend also applies a dot on your target, which can be countered with atonement healing but it is worth keeping an eye on them just in case they continue to take high damage for whatever reason. Your healing priorities are still Tank > Yourself > DPS (or Yourself > tank > dps if you are so enclined) so if you are having to spam shadow mend and bubble on a DPS (thus preventing you from atonement healing everyone else) sooner or later your mana will run out and you will just have to let natural selection run its course.
      Pain supression: to be honest I didn't need to use this often in dungeons, most tanks are pretty self sufficient in mitigating damage themselves, so its worth keeping it bound to a convenient key as a "just in case" buff, which based on my experience so far, is more likely to be needed by a melee dps than a tank. until the raids go live anyway. 

Overall, Disc healing pugs was a challenge, and quite frantic at times, and you do take some schtick for pulling idiots out of danger but better than than taking if for letting them die. This was certainly one of the most fun healer specs ive ever played, and once i have more experience and better gear, i can imagine it will be even more so.
    • By g4m3sh4rk
      OK, so in the section labeled "Opening Sequence" Furty has the priority setup like this:
      4. Opening Sequence
      Use  Potion of Deadly Grace. Pre-cast  Incinerate at 5 seconds on the countdown. Pre-cast a second  Incinerate. Pre-cast  Immolate. I am probably reading this entirely wrong but it looks like he wants me to pre-cast 2 spells, one spell twice. If this is accurate, then I assume the fight starts after the first Incinerate. With that assumption why do I cast a second Incinerate? Why not just move into casting Immolate? Please help me, I am simply trying to figure out how this whole priority rotation BS is suppose to work but it isn't as black and white to me as it seems to appear to everyone else. 
    • By Starym
      The Spire awaits and we have the goods to get you through it!
      It's time to visit the Spire as this adventure concludes. Both the Normal and Heroic guides are ready!

The fourth and final wing has been opened in Karazhan and Icy Veins has got the guides to get you through it! The Spire awaits, its three bosses just waiting to be conquered and here is the tool you'll need for that job:
      General One night in Karazhan guide - an overview of the entire adventure
      Shade of Aran guide - Normal and Heroic
      Netherspite guide - Normal and Heroic
      Free Medivh! guide - Normal and Heroic

• By Iridar
      HOW TO ADD YOUR OWN SOUNDS
      There are several ways to attach custom sounds to events and abilities. The easiest way is to use the TellMeWhen addon:
      This addon has a huge amount of features, and can be overwhelming to try and figure out, but it's definitely worth the effort, because you can track almost anything with it.
      Basic idea is to create a new icon, that will show on "succesfful cast" combat event, and play a custom sound when that happens. You don't actually need the icon to show up, so check "always hidden" checkbox. 
      WeakAuras is a popular alternative that can do this as well.
      SOUND REPOSITORY
      1. Sounds for activating and deactivating Trueshot and any other burst:
      Sound\Spells\SPELL_InfraredHeatFocals_On_01.ogg
      Sound\Spells\SPELL_InfraredHeatFocals_Off_01.ogg
      These are stored in WoW files, so you don't need to download them, just use these sound paths in TellMeWhen.
      2. Marksmanship Hunter Sound Pack (12 files)
      DOWNLOAD LINK
      Includes: Aimed Shot, Piercing Shot, Counter Shot, Binding Shot (one sound for cast, one for stun), Black Arrow, Arcane Shot, Multi Shot, Bursting Shot, Bloodlust (Heroism, etc), Chimaera Shot (remnant of the old days).
      You can configure TellMeWhen yourself or just import this group:
      ^1^T^SGUID^STMW:group:1NmLcc4uR6x1 ^SPoint^T ^Sy^F-7582816001186868 ^f-48^Sx ^F5757956412528398^f-47 ^Spoint^STOP ^SrelativePoint^STOP ^t^SScale^F6958029018759156 ^f-52^SRows ^N4^SColumns ^N3^SIcons ^T^N1^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SCLEUDur^N0.5 ^SName^S19434 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/aimed.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N2^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SCLEUDur^N0.5 ^SName^S198670 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/powershot.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N3^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SName^S147362 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/counter.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N4^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SName^S109248 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/binding_cast.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N5^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_AURA_APPLIED^B ^SSPELL_AURA_REFRESH^B ^SSPELL_AURA_APPLIED_DOSE^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SCLEUDur^N1 ^SName^S117526 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/binding_hit.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SCustomTex^S109248 ^SFakeHidden^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N6^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SCLEUDur^N0.8 ^SName^S194599 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/black_arrow.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N7^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SCLEUDur^N0.8 ^SName^S185358 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/arcane.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N8^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SCLEUDur^N0.8 ^SName^S2643 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/multishot.mp3 ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N9^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SCLEUDur^N0.5 ^SName^S53209 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/chimaera.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N10^T ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^SType^Scleu ^SCLEUDur^N0.8 ^SName^S186387 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/bursting.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SSourceUnit^Splayer ^SEnabled^B ^t^N11^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SName^SBurstHaste;~`178207 ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound\shared\sounds\announcer\female\first_blood.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N12^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SName^S34477 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SAnimColor^S80ff0000 ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SSound/MM/misdirecting.ogg ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SFakeHidden^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^t^SName^SMM~`Sounds ^t^N81209^S~`~| ^Sgroup^N10 ^^ !!! Put sound files into this folder: World of Warcraft\Sound\MM
      3. More sound files (29 files)
      DOWNLOAD LINK
      Includes: gunshot and blaster sounds, weapon loading sounds, shattered glass. Possible sound effects for A Murder of Crows, Stampede, Kill Command, Cobra Shot.
      4. Classic WoW Gunshot Sounds
      DOWNLOAD LINK
      Warlords of Draenor replaced classic gunshot sounds with new, terrible, muffled sounds. To bring old sounds back, just put the sound files into this folder: World of Warcraft\Sound\Spells

This is just an example of what I'm using. I encourage all of you to seek your own custom sounds that would make your gameplay more epic and unique.
      STANDALONE ADDONS WITH CUSTOM SOUNDS
      BARRAGE
      DOWNLOAD LINKS: STANDARD | ALTERNATIVE SOUND (STANDALONE)
      MARKED SHOT
      DOWNLOAD LINK
      TRISTANA'S VOICEPACK FOR GNOME MARKSMANSHIP HUNTERS
      DOWNLOAD LINK