Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wynn3r

Brief Elite Pack Guide [Melee Wizard \\ Demo For Upcoming Videos]

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

This is my new sample video with whats upcoming within the next few weeks.

I will be going doing in depth guides on all the more complex affixes from a Melee Wizard perspective.

Along with this I will be also showing a complexion of different builds that I have tried out and what I think

about them.There will also be a How To ; Series within the next few weeks. I am going average on about

3 videos per week.

Link :

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRkECZaD2M&feature=plcp

Any requests, questions or feedback are greatly appreciated.

Wynn3r

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/Wynn3rGaming

Edited by Wynn3r
3 people like this

Thanks for posting this. It's very good quality, as usual, and nicely explained. :)

Keep up the great work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rebkah
      Hello, everybody! We're Heralds of Strife, a Horde raiding guild on Wyrmrest Accord. We are looking to pick up a few good players to prepare for the upcoming expansion: Legion.
      What We're About

Heralds of Strife is a warm, welcoming community. Our current members range from previous top US 34th raiders to promising newcomers that are hungry to learn and improve. When we are not raiding, we are actively playing many games, from Hearthstone to Overwatch and many others that our guild members have suggested. Heralds of Strife is more than just a raiding guild on World of Warcraft, we are friends who are looking to have fun and get to know each other in our free time. That said, our primary focus will always be to complete the most challenging content that World of Warcraft has to offer during its relevance.

Current Progression

10/13 Mythic HFC (Officially)
      6/13 Mythic HFC (After Pre-Patch)
      13/13 Heroic HFC

Raid Schedule

Main Raid:
      Saturday - 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM PST
      Monday - 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM PST
      Optional:
      Tuesday- 6:30 PM-9:30 PM PST (Alt raid,as needed)

Loot System

We use a Loot Council with defined parameters. This is broken down into several categories:
      Attendance Performance Attitude Biggest Upgrade Recent Wins
      We publicly record attendance and items received (via RCLootCouncil). Our devoted, down-to-earth leadership has the experience and knowledge needed to ensure upgrades are given to the proper players for progression while maintaining a fair, friendly, and entertaining guild atmosphere.

Trial Period

Heralds of Strife is a raiding guild primarily. As such, we do have a trial period for new recruits. With that being said, new raiders will have a 2 week trial period. This trial period begins at the start of the first raid upon joining, and ends on the last raid of the 2nd week.
      The three core principles expected of trials:

Reliability Positivity Adaptability
      Reliability: We expect our trial raiders to show up for raids, on time, and prepared with the basic necessities to do the raid efficiently. We also expect our trials to have some knowledge on encounters, but we are more than willing to help teach and nurture our raiders. Make a commitment with us and we will do our very best to make sure that you're taken care of. We want to get to know you, as you're not just numbers on our spreadsheet. Here in Heralds of Strife,YOU matter.

Positivity: We encourage our trial raiders, and our members, in general, to have a positive attitude, ranging from casual conversation to raid progression. There will be nights where progression might seem rough, but, pushing forward with a positive mindset are one of the keys to success. C'mon team, we can do this!

Adaptability: Our leadership takes the opportunity to analyze our performance logs after each raid night, offering those who are lagging behind some constructive assistance in the long-term goal of improving the player. Our team is only as strong as the player next to us, so we want to work together to overcome any obstacle that may be hindering our performance. Our motto is "iron sharpens iron".

Recruiting

All for Legion, but particularly:
      Druid (Balance)
      Rogue (Outlaw)
      Warrior (DPS)

How To Join

Fill out an application @ heralds.wowlaunch.com. If we're interested in your application, we will reach out to you ASAP for a follow-up interview in Discord.

References:

(Battletags)
      Lorvid - Lorvid#1749 (GM)
      Ritticus - Ritticus#1171 (Co-GM)
      Nathanios - JayRinzler#1405 (Officer)
      Effuse - Ignorance#1506 (Officer)
      (Discord)
      Rebkah - Rebkah#1877 (Le Rebs)
    • By gctv
      Hop you guys like it , I am not a brilliant player but I love this game .
      Some time saw many people they want to know the Deck and how to use it for the Adventure Mode
      So I make those Videos and I think it is better than the writing Guide.(I made the subtitling for the video)
      I am Not a brilliant player in the Rank Game , but I think I could help some people in the Adventure Mode :))
      Karazhan Heroic Guide -- The Opera 1#- Julianne( mage) 
      https://youtu.be/P0ir63ON0w8
      Karazhan Heroic Guide -- The Opera 2 big bad wolf#- (warlock) 
      https://youtu.be/RxFcn7zvJ7o
      Karazhan Heroic Guide -- The Opera 3#- The Crone( zoo) 
      https://youtu.be/hFD9jVO11zc
    • By Chapoink
      This has now capped at GR 85 to 87 on patch 2.4.2 with good lvl 90 to 100 augments  at paragom 1100+, and may not be worth the trouble anymore. 
      Overview: This is a channeling Tal Rasha Twister build highly depending on Diamond Skin Prism Rune for Mitigation, AP management, and Twister Devastation. 
      You will see absorb a lot on your screen and almost all dmg would be absorbed. If your max life is around 1m, even the exploding deaths of elites get absorbed. What about mallet lords? Absorbed!
      Items:
      The items would consist of the Tal Rasha set completed by a Ring of Royal Grandeur, Etched Sigil, Mantle of Channeling, Illusory boots, Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, Endless walk set and ashnagar's BB, while cubing your Etched Sigil (interchangeable with Orb of Infinite Depth), Hergbrash Binding and RRG. 
      Legendary Gems: Bane of the Trapped, Esoteric Alteration, *Changed Pain Enhancer to Bane of the Stricken for GR85 to 90. (The only reason I was using PE instead of Taeguk is because there is a bug that causes your taeguk stacks to stop once you cast prism while channeling. FIX THIS BLIZZARD! This is because of your cube hergbrash binding causing 0 AP cost. Taeguk seems to think you stopped channeling). Also, for HC people you might wanna use Gizzard instead (explained down further). 
      Your skills would consist of Arcane torrent (lightning), Twister (cold), Explosive Blast (fire), and Black Hole spell steal (Arcane).
      Force armor Energy Armor would be your shield and the most important part of the build would be Diamond Skin Prism. 
      Why use PRISM as the centerpiece of the build?
      1.Prism would allow you to spam Arcane torrent FREE of AP consumption with the interaction with Hergbrash Binding and Paragon.
      2.It would allow you to spam Energy Twister (self-cast) while also channeling more twisters with minimal AP consumption.
      3. These self-cast twisters + channeling arcane torrent would basically proc PRISM cooldown with the help of your Obsidian Ring.
      4. It gives you 80% life absorption with the help of Ashnaggar's
      5. It would proc your passive Galvanizing Wand which would absorb 120% of your life in dmg with the help of Ashnaggar's because your diamond skin would absorb most damage and as long as you keep it up 2 consecutive times, whicb is easy with your cdr and obsidian ring, you will successfully fulfill the requirement of Galvanizing Wand's no dmg taken within 5 seconds. 
      6. You can successfully keep prism active while channeling and casting your own twisters without it ever going on CD.
      7. With the interaction of your Force Armor, you ensure that no dmg would ever go beyond the 80% life your prism absorbs unless it the dmg is above your maximum life. In that case, you still have your GW passive as backup.

What you need for the build to be effective?
      1.Cooldown Reduction of at least 40%. (actually, at 24% your prism should proc itself while channeling but that's assuming you don't get more than 80% of your life in dmg from mobs which is impossible especially with RG's and Elites. So, I would recommend to recast Prism before it even comes off CD). This is easily achievable with the Evocation Passive + Paragon points and a Diamond Socket on your Helm, though I would recommend to get CDR on your gear to get DS to cd faster than you it can be taken off by dmg from mobs esp elites. 
      2. 1m life to push to go beyond GR 84.  This would mean your diamond skin would absorb 800K HP and your Galvanizing Ward absorbs 1.2m HP. That's 2m HP absorb + 1m of your own HP while working with Force Armor's 35% HP damage limit.  Talk about survivability. (Also for HC, using gizzard instead of PE would add another 2m HP). 
      Gameplay: 
      This is a close range build since it highly relies on the Twisters you cast to CD Prism , then Explosive Blast for dmg reduction 
      You start the run by casting your four elements to get your 4 piece tal rasha resistance. 
      Approach enemies with explosive blast to get to 3 quickly, and have the 50% dmg reduction from endless walk set cast BH to round up mobs.
      Stop and channel while activating your prism and cast your own twisters repeatedly, consistently. If there's 4 or more mobs, you would never run out of AP with Prism and Critical Hits gives 4 AP on your Orb so Cast twisters as fast as you can. This while your etched sigil cast even more twisters. This lets you reach 8 twisters in 2 seconds and keep casting even more twisters so staying close to your enemy would kill them.
      Your etched sigil would also proc your explosive blast so you don't need to recast though you would want to recast it when facing elites every 24 seconds to proc your 4 piece tal rasha. 
      Your spell steal BH would also be cast by your Eched Sigil hence more Damage. your initial BH wasfor round up but this BH ensures you go double digits on your spell steal and always have 30%++ damage increase plus the damage reduction isn't bad. 
      With the help of Obsidian Ring and CDR, you could also spam BH for hard hitting physical enemies to ensure CC and prevent them from hitting you too much. 

How far can this build get you?
      To tell you the truth the limitation is unknown to me yet. I'm using this with 2.4.1 and you could definitely go up to GR 90 with this as I achieved 82 before with only 5 ancient items and no augments at only Paragon 1020. 
      Now with 7 ancient items and 4 lvl80 augments, I'm at GR 86. This is with two items without int as I'm having trouble rolling a good Amulet and Illusory boots. 
      Can it GO beyond 100? Maybe. I would think you would need 2k plus Paragon and 1.5m HP but that may be pushing it. 
      If you have better rolled items, do let me know how far this could go.
      If you wanna do this build and do a review cover, a simple mention of Chapoink would be nice.

Cheers guys and enjoy. 
      For a round up of the build, check out http://www.diablofans.com/builds/82009-chapoinks-gr90-solo-tal-rasha-ds-prism-twister
      Damage test against bloodmaw at gr 90- almost all damage got absorbed. This is on console so I showed all items and paragon at the end of the vid. 

• By wowguy233
      So recently, I uploaded a guide to YouTube that helps new Warriors learn how to play the class. It covers many topics such as choosing a race, the rage system, helpful addons, and much more. I built this guide with the intention to help new warriors out there that may be struggling with their class and need a guide to get them started. If you have any comments, questions, corrections, ideas, or (constructive) criticisms, then leave them in the comment section of the video as I will see them much sooner there and be able to provide a faster response.
      If you enjoy the video, please remember to leave a like as it helps me out! Thank you!  :D
    • By Pandacho
      Frequently Asked Questions:
      Q: Where are all my glyphs?
      A: Major glyphs (playstyle affecting) are gone. The remaining ones (former Minor) are purely cosmetic now and only affect the appearance of spells.
      New glyphs are consumable that are being applied directly to a spell in your spellbook.
      Q: Where are all the Elemental shields?
      A: Water shield was removed completely, Earth shield is a PvP talent now, Lightning shield is an Ench spec talent.
      Q: Where are my Elementals?
      A: They were removed from the resto spec together with the Primal Elementalist talent.
      Q: Seriously? What else has gone?
      A: Spirit has gone. Now you have a standard mana pool and a standard mana regen (44000 mp5) both in and out of combat. Some other healing classes have a talent or an artifact trait for increased mana regen, resto shamans - do not.
      You can’t see Spell Power in your Character Info or on your weapon - it was merged with the Intellect. So for math purposes, Int=SP. If you want to see detailed attributes, use an addon, for example DejaCharacterStats
      Damaging abilities: Fire Elemental, Searing totem, Elemental Blast, Frost Shock have gone.
      Our damaging abilities now are Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning.
      Ghost wolf speed boost: the glyph has gone. You will have a Class Hall Champion boosting your speed in the outdoor world.
      Q: Where is the Totemic Projection, I want to move my totems around?
      A: The talent has gone. All the healing totems now spawn at your feet and remain there, all the utility totems has a targeting reticle so you can place them anywhere in range.
      Q: What professions should I choose for my shaman?
      A: Professions don’t affect directly your gameplay so choose whatever suits your playstyle.
      Better to choose a crafting/gathering pair like Leathercrafting/Skinning because the gathering profs would be a much easier source for the Blood of Sargeras (BoP item) at least on the start of the expansion. Blood of Sargeras is used in almost every high-end craft and gear upgrade.
      Anyways, profession choice shouldn’t be a concern because in Legion you can swap between professions for 1000 g, saving all the current (Legion) progress and recipes.
      Q: What is the stats priority for a resto shaman?
      A: Intellect>Mastery>Haste>Crit>Versatility
      In-depth explanations and math are done by Gardiff (Mythic resto shaman on Kil’jaeden-US) - a theorycrafter and the Resto Shaman Secondary Stat Simulator developer. The SIM and walls of text are here and here.
      Q: But why not to prioritize Crit, Resurgence is still the only regen mechanic outside of base regen?
      A: It is, but it is garbage, in-depth explanation is here:
      Q: What are the right talents for solo playing/Mythic+/raiding?
      A: You can find different talent builds below in this post.
      Q: How should I fill the Artifact for the best performance in raids?
      A: Resto shaman Artifact Calculator

1) Right path up to the Gold Trait
      2) Left path up to the Gold Trait (yes, Tidal Pools it’s not a great gain but leaving it out doesn’t help either)
      3) Jump to the third Gold Trait through either side (right or left) - they both are not a great gain for the raids, leave Refreshing Currents for the very end.
      Q: May / should I level as a resto? I hate dps spec / afraid to lose artifact power.
      A: Resto spec is a viable spec for leveling. The main concern here is that you kill mobs slower than any dps spec but the great advantage is that you are literally unkillable in any situation.
      You can level in a dps offspec too, it is faster but with almost all the selfhealing being removed, you should be pretty cautious with pulls.
      Don’t worry about the Artifact: no matter which one you will choose on lvl 100, you will get the Artifact quests for the remaining specs on lvl 102.
      Don’t worry about losing artifact power during leveling: almost all of it is stored in consumable items so just respec to resto before using them.
      Don’t worry about upgrading your offspec Artifact during leveling: first 13 traits on every artifact are very cheap, their cost starts to jump in geometric progression only from the 14th trait.
      Upgrading a bit your offspec artifact for easier leveling wouldn’t hold back your main spec.
      Q: I’m new to resto, what are all these HPM, QA, TW abbreviations?
      A: The most frequently used abbreviations are:

Talent Builds:
      Soloing content in resto spec:
      The main idea of a talent build for solo playing is to maximise your dps relying on passive/instant healing, while keeping mobs away as long as possible.
      Tier 1: Torrent (increases your instant heal)
      Tier 2: Gust of Wind or Graceful Spirit. I personally would prefer GS for the additional passive increase of movement speed in Ghost Wolf form.
      Tier 31: Earthgrab Totem to keep your enemies away
      Tier 4: Ancestral Guidance to convert your damage into healing
      Tier 5: Earthen Shield Totem: redirects a part of every attack against you and allies to itself.
      Tier 6: Echo of the Elements: double HST, Riptide and Lava Burst - extremely useful.
      Tier 7: Doesn't matter: nothing here will affect your solo experience.

Mythic+:
      Tier 1: Undulation or Torrent.
      Undulation is fully utilized in 5-man environment because of constant need in tank healing.
      Torrent pretty much turns Riptide into a full power instant heal, may pair nicely with EotE.
      Tier 2: Wind Rush Totem or Graceful Spirit. Take WRT if a group speed boost is needed during the encounter, otherwise GS.
      Tier 3: Lightning Surge Totem is very useful on trash.
      Tier 4: Crashing Waves or Ancestral Guidance.
      I’d say AG if you took EotE, in this way you wouldn’t waste double TW from Crashing Waves when applying two Riptides in a row.
      Tier 51: Earthen Shield Totem or Ancestral Vigor.
      Vigor actually may be a lifesaver in high level Mythic+.
      Tier 6:: Cloudburst Totem or Echo of the Elements.
      Use CBT if you are comfortable with its playstyle and are able to plan in advance, otherwise (or if you chose Torrent) take WotE.
      Tier 7: Ascendance or High Tide. I think that Ascendance is more viable, but HT may be fine too depending on the group comp.
      Possible combos:  Stick with Undulation + Crashing Waves if you prefer HW/HS healing style. Torrent + Ancestral Guidance + Echo of the Elements for Riptide + CDs style.

Raid:
      Tier 1: Torrent (increases your instant heal)
      Tier 2: Wind Rush Totem or Graceful Spirit. Take WRT if a raid speed boost is needed during the encounter, otherwise GS.
      Tier 3: Lightning Surge Totem may be useful on trash or if you need more add stuns during the encounter.
      Tier 4: Crashing Waves or Ancestral Guidance.
      Tier 5: Ancestral Protection Totem gives you an additional ress that is not counted as Battle Ress - may be great to cheese some mechanics where you rather let a person die. Better not to use if you are not sure when you’ll need it because of a very long CD. Choose Earthen Shield Totem otherwise.
      I find Ancestral Vigor a bit of an overkill in raids because we don’t really have the 1-shot mechanics demanding additional HP pool. Might be useful though for soaking or for people dealing with specific mechanics during encounters.
      Tier 6: Cloudburst Totem. Not really debatable at least for the start of the expansion (if remains unnerfed) - saves a lot of mana accumulating not only your healing but overhealing too and releasing the stored power to actually injured targets.
      Bottomless Depths are useless because 1) Resurgence returns a miserable amount of mana and 2) Proccing Resurgence is our very last concern when raid drops below 60%.
      Echo of the Elements is underperforming seriously in the raid environment. HST is dropped always on CD making the gain of double charge almost insensible (like 1 additional HST during an encounter), in addition the proc rate for the additional Riptide charge from the talent is extremely low, not justifying choosing EotE over CBT.
      Tier 7: Wellspring or High Tide.

Ancestral Guidance + Cloudburst Totem + Wellspring  combo
      This combo is incredibly efficient and strong if done right (remember that both CBT and AG are semi-smart and they generally don't overheal), but if you use WS in isolation or for healing up a large number of targets, you won't get good mileage out of the ability.
      The basic idea is that you want to NOT use WS to heal up for a raid-wide ability. What makes WS good right now is that you can force all of its healing into CBT through purposeful overhealing (but still useful healing). BUT, if you use it to heal a raid that has 20 targets who have taken damage, it will split that 1800% SP over 20 targets which is incredibly weak because you get no overhealing bonus.
      The point is, if you are going to try using WS, then absolutely DO NOT use WS ever to actually heal 20 targets taking damage from a massive raid damage pulse. Instead, use it before the big raid AoE goes out and when there are only ~6 (ideally) injured people so that you can put all that extra healing into CBT.
      Cloudburst Totem  + High Tide combo
      For the encounters with constant raid wide/ticking damage / short encounters.