FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fantastica

Cone of Cold

If you can get close to the adds during p1, as frost make sure you have the 20% + pet nova. Now laugh as you jump on the meter.

Edited by lynx

Firstly, with 2pc bonus you get a 220% damage boost overall on Cone of Cold.

As Lynx said if you can stay in melee range during p1 (I haven't tried it before, so it might result in baaadd Desecrated weapons), you can use CoC on CD ton the adds and climb the meters.

Secondly, during annihalate phases: it's useful on adds in 2 out of 3 zones. and you can use CoC on Garrosh if you have to move and by bad luck you don't have ana FoF or Bf procs.

Other than that... I can't really imagine any other third glyphs to be useful.. Maybe Rapid Displacement... :D

Last I calculated, all it takes is 2 targets for CoC to be worth the GCD with the glyph + 2pc frozen thoughts.

So it's more useful than people are willing to admit.

Combine it with shatter and it's just ridiculously good.

• Like 1

I would like to know if i should use coc when not glyphed ?

I'm typically on engineers duty so I glyphed Rapid displacement to be able to get to it asap (we put the desecrated weapons at the bottom of the throne). Other glyphs I used are Ice lance split and icy veins. So, I don't have coc...

Like I said, i can't be in melee range in p1, so my question is only for transition phase. should I use unglyphed coc on cd or only AE for the 2 realms with aoe?

I guess you never use it outside this phase?

Don't be on engineer duty.

Mages are -the- worst class for this. Yell at your raid leader. I really, really mean it, you lose about 1/3 of your DPS for the overall fight just by being on engineers in phase 1. If your raid leader disagrees, have him contact me and I'll explain why a mage on engineers is the worst raid leadership decision in all of WoW. Even worse than a moonkin on strider duty pre-nerf Vashj.

And I use glyphed CoC on almost every fight. It does more damage than ice lance w/o FoF and is great while moving.

what's the 'best' class for engineer in a 10man raid with Spriest / Lock / Mage as caster then ?

On the other hand, i don't really care for rankings since i don't play a hardcore guild anymore and I don't have the gear to rank. so yeah my dps in P1 is freaking low, but who cares? I mean, the dps in P1 does not make the kill, it just make you close to the kill faster wink.png

Edited by noso

Hunter is best. Followed by warlock, then elemental shaman, then moonkin.

Shadow priests and mages are the worst. Fire mages are better than frost, and arcane is like trying to sink a battleship in Panama with a torpedo you have in Alaska.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hyrelia
      I have a question for Arcane mages that I couldn't find existing guides mention on any website. In dungeons, mana is not typically an issue as a healer because you can just drink/eat in between packs, I mained a healer up until now so that mindset is just ingrained in me. As Arcane Mage, would the same principle apply? Is it optimal to just forgo the conserve part of the rotation and just burn as much as you sustainably can with every  pack, since you can just eat conjured food in between packs, or should you still do conserve/burn phases similar to what you'd do in a raid?
      Thanks.
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By kiowarixie
      Anyone else receiving fear that absolutely wipes haste off?
    • By Sidonis
      AEQUITAS
      „Als persönliche Tugend bezeichnete Aequitas in der Geschichte die Gelassenheit, vermöge derer ein Römer auch in äußerst kritischen oder aufwühlenden Situationen die Würde (Dignitas) zu bewahren wusste.“
      Wer oder was ist Aequitas?

Eine Gesellschaft aus Spielern verschiedenster Art und Alters, die sich das Ziel gesetzt hat, Raids mit Effizienz, Erfolg und Freude zu bestreiten. Gleichzeitig werden dem Anspruch Grenzen gesetzt. Grenzen die nicht überschritten werden dürfen, um den letzten Schritt in eine dekadente und abgehobene Gilde zu verhindern, in der Freude am Spiel nur noch dann gelebt wird, wenn jeder Aspekt in die Perfektion abdriftet. 

Diese Grenzen sind flexibel, beinhalten aber stets dieselben Wert- und Normvorstellungen, den Contentinhalt niemals auf Biegen und Brechen zu bewältigen, niemals zu erzwingen und die Wünsche des einzelnen Mitglieds nach Möglichkeit zu berücksichtigen. 
      Dieses Gleichgewicht wird gewährleistet, jede Woche aufs Neue auf die Probe gestellt und intern geregelt. 

Gleichmut und Gleichberechtigung eines jeden Mitglieds sind und bleiben das oberste Ziel.
      Unsere Gilde bietet ihren Mitgliedern sehr viel:
      Aktiver Raid- und Mythisch+ - Content mit kostenlosem Buff-food und Fläschchen/Trankzubehör, engagierte Offiziere, ein stets selbst-reflektierender Raid-Lead, Klassenberatung und ein kameradschaftliches internes Klima. Wer jetzt eine absolut harmonische Gilde, wie in einem Bilderbuch vor Auge hat, der irrt. Auch wir haben raidbedingte Stresssituationen, in denen der ein oder andere Unmut entsteht. Aber keine dieser Situationen konnte oder wird uns aus der Bahn werfen.

Unser kurzfristiges Ziel war die Gründung einer funktionierenden und effizienten Gildengruppe. Diese sollte intern die ersten Raids der Erweiterung Legion aktiv bestreiten und erfolgreich abschließen. Dieses Ziel haben wir erreicht und wir sind dabei als Gilde zusammengewachsen. 

Durch private Lebenssituationen ist unsere kleine eingespielte Gruppe aber immer wieder gezwungen, die Raid-Spielergröße am unteren Limit zu absolvieren. Um eine stabilere Gruppengröße von 14+ zu gewährleisten sind wir jetzt auf aktiver Mitspielersuche.

Unsere Ziele:

- Den aktuellen Content auf normalem und heroischem Schwierigkeitsgrad zu bestreiten, außerhalb von Zufallsgruppen.(Mythischer Content ist für unsere kleine Gilde zu zeitintensiv)

- Ein Gilden- und Raidklima, in dem Berufliches und Privates koexistieren können.

- Eine offene und demokratische Gildenleitung auf dem Prinzip der Parlamentarischen Demokratie.

Was wir von neuen Mitgliedsanwärtern erwarten:

- Ein Mindestalter (20+), auch geistige Reife, Eigenverantwortung und Selbstreflexion sollen gelebt werden.

- Einen Item-Stand, der etwa dem letzten heroischen Raid-Content entspricht. 

- Team- und Kritikfähigkeit und Akzeptanz Gegenüber der Meinung anderer.

- Gefühl und Verständnis der eigenen Klasse (z.B. das Ausüben eurer 
      Klassenfähigkeiten sollten kein Problem darstellen, auch wenn ihr auf eine unerwartete Situation stoßt.).

Eine Bewerbung oder ähnliche abwegige Formalitäten verlangen wir ironischerweise nicht. Das einzige, was wir von euch verlangen, ist ein formloses Gespräch im Teamspeak und eine 3-wöchige Probezeit, in der ihr euch in die Gilde als auch in die Raid-Gruppe eingliedern könnt. 
      Während dieser Zeit werdet ihr nicht ins kalte Wasser geworfen oder mit eurem Spielcharakter alleine gelassen. Genauso wie ihr möchten auch wir, dass ein weiteres Mitglied in Aequitas aufblühen kann.

Wir haben zurzeit zwei feste Raid-Tage, zum einen Mittwoch und zum anderen Freitag, jeweils ab 20:00. Die Raiddauer ist flexibel, wird aber die Dauer von 5 Stunden nie überschreiten. Besonders mittwochs wird nie länger als bis 22:30 geraidet.
      Besonders freuen wir uns über:

Heiler: Paladin oder Schamane
      MeleeDD: Paladin, Schurke, Krieger, Feral(Wildheitsdruide)
      RangeDD: Disziplin, Elementarschamane, Hexer, Magier

Ansprechpartner:

Portz#2918
      Saltras#2334

• By m2geek
      Right, so today Kil'Jaeden's burning wish dropped for me, my 3rd legendary.
      I have Shard of the Exodar and Cord of Infinity currently - and with the 7.2 changes to Cord of Infinity I don't know what to do/pick/run with?

Is Burning Wish still going to be BiS with 7.2, the changes to Cord of Infinity on PTR are pretty awesome, and as for Shard - two Time Warps per fight is pretty awesome too.

So, hence my dilemma lol...
      Forgot to add, I play Arcane.