Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

[Archived] S7 Hearthstone Basic Druid Deck

19 posts in this topic

uve got 32 cards listed

uve listed 32 cards

No, there are 30 cards listed.

sorry, but i dont see why we need wild growth card...

we sacrifice 2 crystals for one crystal???

sorry, but i dont see why we need wild growth card...

we sacrifice 2 crystals for one crystal???

Wild Growth is much more than "2 mana crystals for one". It provides you with mana acceleration, meaning that you get to play stronger minions earlier, which can have devastating consequences for your opponent. A common example is to play Wild Growth on turn 2 (when your opponent does not play a strong turn 2 minion, or when you lack a turn 2 minion yourself), and then follow it up with a Chillwind Yeti or a Sen'jin Shieldmasta on turn 3. These two minions are extremely difficult to deal with, and even more so when they hit the board a turn early.

Alternatively, it can serve to help you bring out an Ironbark Protector on turn 7 (or even 6, if you use both Wild Growths and/or the Coin). Wild Growth and Innervate both allow you to present your opponent with serious threats sooner than they can realistically expect them and deal with them.

Also note that if played on turn 10, Wild Growth allows you to draw an extra card, which can also be quite beneficial.

Now, I will grant you that Wild Growth is not a "no brainer" card to pick in any Druid deck - certainly, it is quite situational and there are better alternatives. However, you need to realize that this is a Basic druid deck, meaning that it utilizes only Basic cards. And the truth is, the Basic cards available to Druids are quite limited (a lot of essential Druid cards are Common, Rare, or Epic).

thank you for your depth explanation, much appreciated.

1 person likes this

thank you for your depth explanation, much appreciated.

You are welcome!

What would you take out if you wanted to include Healing Touch?

What would you take out if you wanted to include Healing Touch?

Wild Growth most likely.

There are 32 cards in this deck, I counted as it would not let me add the last 2 of gnomish inventor.

There are 32 cards in this deck, I counted as it would not let me add the last 2 of gnomish inventor.

There are 30 cards (and only 1 Gnomish Inventor, by the way). I imagine you also added 2 Shieldmastas.

Had to comment on this deck.  I'm still sort of a noob (still have a couple of classes < 10) - So my opinion might not count for much.  But, after a multi-game losing streak, I used this deck to stomp the hell out of a hunter.  Laid the river croc 2nd turn. After it took a point or two of damage, I ended up buffing it with wild growth, then 2x shattered sun cleric buff over the next few turns.  Maybe a little over halfway through the game I had a 6/6 croc - the dude had 10 hp left (whereas I had 28) - hit him with the croc then starfire and lights out.  

All of this to say:  Badass first game with a deck I was a little apprehensive about in the beginning.  I rarely ever use 2 of the same card in a deck, so I thought this deck looked "small" and I was worried about not having heal.  I think I might have learned several valuable lessons from implementing this deck. (benadryl + hydros = talkative/typative) lol

Had to comment on this deck.  I'm still sort of a noob (still have a couple of classes < 10) - So my opinion might not count for much.  But, after a multi-game losing streak, I used this deck to stomp the hell out of a hunter.  Laid the river croc 2nd turn. After it took a point or two of damage, I ended up buffing it with wild growth, then 2x shattered sun cleric buff over the next few turns.  Maybe a little over halfway through the game I had a 6/6 croc - the dude had 10 hp left (whereas I had 28) - hit him with the croc then starfire and lights out.  

All of this to say:  Badass first game with a deck I was a little apprehensive about in the beginning.  I rarely ever use 2 of the same card in a deck, so I thought this deck looked "small" and I was worried about not having heal.  I think I might have learned several valuable lessons from implementing this deck. (benadryl + hydros = talkative/typative) lol

Welcome, and congratulations.

Hearthstone is a game where a lot of things that seem correct when going by "common sense" turn out to be wrong when going by a deeper understanding of strategy. So, it takes time to gain the experience needed to make the correct plays, all I can say is you should keep reading guides, watching videos and streams, and thinking critically about your moves.

As far as having 2 of the same card in a deck, it's usually a good idea. The reason being that if a card is good enough to warrant a spot in your deck, it's good enough to warrant as many as you can fit in (2...). There are some exceptions to this, of course, namely with situational cards that risk sitting dead in your hand for the majority of the game, or with cards that are too expensive and might negatively affect your mana curve. and of course, you sometimes need to cut some cards you'd like to keep just to fit others in, which might result in having only 1 card of a type when you'd rather have 2.

this deck has 32 cards

No, it doesn't. It has 30. Perhaps you counted the Shieldmasta and Gnomish Inventor as 4 cards (they are only 2 - 1 of each).

At least admit that you copied this deck from trump, instead of claiming thats it is yous -.-

At least admit that you copied this deck from trump, instead of claiming thats it is yous -.-

This deck (along with our other basic ones) were created almost a year ago, and we created all of them from scratch based on our experiences and following lots of testing. If another copy of this deck exists elsewhere, I guess it just goes to show that there are really only so many viable decks you can make out of only basic cards.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0