Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

At wits end with my Priest

6 posts in this topic

Playing my shadow priest has always been an enjoyable experience for me, but recently I have gotten some new pieces of gear and my dps has never been the same. I know the rotation and how to play her, I've read the guides and forums, and just can't seem to be able to find a way to fix one of my favorite classes. 

My Item level is 550 but my dps has been sub par. I remember having no trouble hitting over 200k dps, but now I'm having a hard time even hitting 180k. New stat weights, maybe? Please.. help me fix my priest! Any insight would be much appreciated. 

here is my armory link :

Edited by Dethtoki

It is not my rotation I am worried about. What I'm asking is how I can fix my gear and stat weights.

Under the assumption that it's just gear (I am entirely unqualified to discuss, let alone examine, any priest rotation), I assume you got shiny new gear with a lot more hit/spirit on it, since you're substantially over hit cap.  (I main an elemental shaman, I'm quite familiar with this issue.)  My guess is that you equipped gear with a higher ilvl, but not so high as to make up for the almost 2k in lost secondaries to being over hit cap.  It's probably not just one piece, either.

If you haven't gotten rid of your old gear yet, I'd suggest getting the free trial of the full version of Ask Mr Robot, which lets you do "best in bags".  Nothing looks wrong enough about your reforge/gem setup to cause that big of a difference, there's just have too much hit on the gear you're wearing.

1 person likes this

Upgrading your gear and losing more than 10% of your dps?  No, you're doing something very different, because you're still at haste cap.  5% over hit cap means you lost at most 5% of your dps. 

Your rotation is what I'M worried about.

your hit is a little under but that fine. your stat are are off  your haste is at 35% your mast is at 38% but your crit is only at 20% your masty and crit should be about the same. that will be be a big part of your dps loss. hope this helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zalifur
      Hi, I just have a question about mastery as Outlaw. 
      Why is it so good for me? is my armory. I have an 830 versatility trinket that Mr. Robot says is better, so I'll probably swap one trinket for that and an 835 Rough-Hammered Silver Ring that would be approximately a 100 dps increase replacing my Grubby Silver Ring. Why is this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't really simcraft, I used shadowcraft in the past but it seems a bit unreliable at the moment. 
    • By Keldren
      I use AMR to quickly get an idea of different gear upgrades pretty often. With the changes to mastery they have yet to really set up a new default stat weight and I didn't really like the stat weight they had before anyway. I know the priority of Vers>Haste>Mastery>Crit. This is more about the technical weights for AMR.
      Does anyone have any thoughts on what stat weighting they use for AMR or what the new weights should be?
      Thank you.
    • By DemonCratic
      So, I'm a warlock ilvl 665 right now, and I'm worried about my DPS, I'm not sure if it's low or not for my ilvl but it seems low compared to the data I saw on Noxxic, so I'm an affliction warlock, I respect the exact same rotation that Noxxic and Icy-veins show, and I'm getting around 20k DPS on training dummies, buffed with Grimoire of sacrifice, stone from highmaul and an elixir of intellect. I don't think that's good dps for my ilvl.
      My rotation is the following: I begin by using Soulburn : Soulswap so I apply my dots directly, then I cast Drain Soul as a filler, I refresh agony when it's = 7 seconds or a bit less, Corruption I refresh it when it's 5-6 seconds, Unstable corruption refresh at 4-5 seconds. I'm never gonna use a soulburn on a regular haunt unless a nightfall procs like directly after I apply my Soulburn : Haunt, I'll mainly save up my soul shards for Soulburn then haunt, so 2+ soul shards and it's mainly when I have the Soulburn: Haunt buff up that I pop Dark Soul: Misery (I'm not sure when to use it so I use it at that time)
      So to go straight to the answers/advices I need
      1. Is this good/normal/bad DPS for my ilvl as an Affliction Warlock (Buffs: HM stones, Draenic potion, Grimoire of Sacrifice)
      2. Should I play Affliction at my ilvl or another spec such as Destro
      3. Is there any problems with my talents? I don't think my gears really matters since I'm pretty low ilvl but am I missing something?
      4. And maybe advices, etc... you know what I mean, thanks in advance
      5. Is there something wrong with my rotation? If yes, could you tell me how to improve it please.
      Bonus question: Is the legendary questline still worth doing, even if Legion comes out in 1 month and a half? 
      Link to my armory :
      (I'm counting on replacing the pvp gears I have right now, since I'm mainly focusing on gearing right now) 
      (And, it's my first Icy-veins forum so idk how to put logs, sorry.)
    • By Shantae
      Dear Forums, 
      Long time lurker, first time poster here asking for some advice on raising my dps to a more acceptable bracket because the guild I'm in is starting Heroic HFC and everyone has to do their part. But mostly because the mages in my raid group are crushing the dps charts and my self esteem. 
      I'll start by putting the necessary info on the post, here's my character page with the equipment I'm currently using (I don't have mane good trinkets so I don't swap out unending hunger with Rolling Pebble):
      And here's my past performances:
      Despite there being some halfway decent results (Tyrant Velhani on the 28th), I'm averaging a %lvl bracket of 30 and 42k dps (on the good days). 
      This wouldn't bother me so much if it was not for the fact that currently: 
      -I have the 4 piece T18 set bonuses
      -The rest of the slots are filled with Mything Dungeon goodness, ranging from 710 to 725. 
      -I have a warforged Empty Drinking Horn. 
      So I can't blame my low numbers on gear alone anymore, which means that the problem is me. 
      The boss guide I have been using has been this one:
      The rotations, talents and glyphs have been copied down to a T, although, to avoid desynching my cd's I always use Final Veredict with Execution Sentence and Avenging Wrath every minute if I feel like the battle is too hectic to keep track of everything.
      Another thing about me is that I have no keybindings whatsoever. It's something that I admit but until I know how much time I can save on memorizing my bindings I'm not in any rush to start training. Consider it one of my many flaws.
      And now we come to the reason why I'm asking the forums for help: I'm missing something and I have no idea what it is (please don't say "a brain") so I'd like to ask the more seasoned vets to rip me a new one and tell me what should I be working on ASAP. 
    • By Altoholik
      Hello guys,
      At first sorry for my bad english.
      Im really beginner with DPSSing, last 3 years i tanked with druid.

The problem is one - i have very awfull dps, and i dont know why....
      Well, i hope here i meet someone who can help me, because im frustrated by that situation..
      My armory:
      My logs from yesterday (brf hc):
      My logs from today:(hm nm)
      If you can help me please, im desperated.