Kumunyo

Frost Dk 885 Dps Help

4 posts in this topic

So here I am, consulting Icy Veins forums. I am a Frost Death Knight, with an iLevel of 885 that is REALLY struggling with my dps. I'm running a BoS build because it was recommended to my by other Frost Dks. I have done a ton of research about this issue to no avail and I really need some professional help. 

Here's my armory and my charts for my last Heroic Nighthold with my guild

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Kumunyo/simple

Dps Charts: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21405978/latest#

Note: I do see that my Haste is incredibly high, I'm currently working to get the 4-piece tier gear.

A few things that can help you out a lot. 

-Stats are really not prioritized right, your haste is actually where you want it right around 20%,  Crit and Mastery are terribly low.  That's a big baseline dps loss.  My DK is around 7.8k haste rating (21%), 8k mastery (40%), 6.4k crit(23%), and and 1k (idk) versa (due to set bonus).   My Crit is a little better when on target with eye though so that number is not entirely accurate.   So your haste can actually need to be improved also.  Just remember iLevel is not always best, I hated when Blizz put that Gear Score in the game.  I would Prioritize replacing your chest, cloak, and shoulders since they have so much versa for crit haste mastery.  Run the LFR's for better trinkets along with your normal raids for more chances at COF, and 4 set (focus Tich, Guldan, and Krosus for Tier bosses).  Even if it drops your i level down, your actual character power will go up if that makes sense.

-rotations.  Not prioritizing Breath when you spec'd into it.  It should be used almost entirely off its 2 min CD.  When you get to know the fights you learn to hold it for advantage but some fights you held it for a full 2 min before using (Chrono Normal).  Krosus it was never used.  Other than that Howling Blast should only be used on Rime Procs, using it otherwise is a large dps loss per rune spent compared to waiting a second for another rune for obliterate.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 11:14 AM, Matster said:

A few things that can help you out a lot. 

-Stats are really not prioritized right, your haste is actually where you want it right around 20%,  Crit and Mastery are terribly low.  That's a big baseline dps loss.  My DK is around 7.8k haste rating (21%), 8k mastery (40%), 6.4k crit(23%), and and 1k (idk) versa (due to set bonus).   My Crit is a little better when on target with eye though so that number is not entirely accurate.   So your haste can actually need to be improved also.  Just remember iLevel is not always best, I hated when Blizz put that Gear Score in the game.  I would Prioritize replacing your chest, cloak, and shoulders since they have so much versa for crit haste mastery.  Run the LFR's for better trinkets along with your normal raids for more chances at COF, and 4 set (focus Tich, Guldan, and Krosus for Tier bosses).  Even if it drops your i level down, your actual character power will go up if that makes sense.

-rotations.  Not prioritizing Breath when you spec'd into it.  It should be used almost entirely off its 2 min CD.  When you get to know the fights you learn to hold it for advantage but some fights you held it for a full 2 min before using (Chrono Normal).  Krosus it was never used.  Other than that Howling Blast should only be used on Rime Procs, using it otherwise is a large dps loss per rune spent compared to waiting a second for another rune for obliterate.

Thank you very much for the wisdom, I will definitely work on lfr to get my tier armor and move progressively into the actual raid and get that gear, I written down the stats you have provided me with and I'll work on getting the gear you recommended, thanks again. I'll get back on this forum and post future dps and such when I get the opportunity to balance my stats.

One thing mat said that I highly agree with is ilvl is by far not everything. Specifically with rings and neck seeking out better stats versus ilvl can make all the difference. Even with Trinkets, a more powerful trinket that say is 830 is better than a crap one at 880. Heck there are people in top parses using 825 horns of valor. So, that's actually really wise advice on his part. Seek better gear not better ilvl. I was also pleasantly surprised at the gear you can get from nighthold LFR. You can even get really lucky on Titan fordging from there. A buddy has like 4 900 pieces from LFR only. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Deydoridra
      Hey guys,
      I'm new to playing affliction lock and ranged DPS in general really. Can someone help me see why my DPS isn't where it should be? I've changed my stats around and have been playing with my legendaries and rotation but I can't seem to improve. If someone has some ideas it would be much appreciated. 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/arathor/syraice
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/71tcn24XFqBpZf9a/#view=rankings&boss=-2&difficulty=0
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: 
      Stjern#2802 or Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 62+ traits.
      - 6/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood/Unholy.
      Warrior: Arms.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Druid: Guardian.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Mage: Frost/Fire.
      Rogue: Assassination/Subtlety.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affliction/Destruction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By bowsersfury
      Hello, 
      I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 
      Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184
    • By capimeista
      hello everyone,
      i feel like im doing way to low dmg in my hc raids could some of you take a look at my logs and see if im doing something wrong.
      i already know my legendary ice time isnt the best but i dont have another.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXFRr843LvBVNTpk/#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=5
      my thanks.
    • By Mezasu
      I've been playing a hunter for as long as I've been playing this game.  And for the first time in raiding, I feel like I am not doing my best and I cannot figure out why. I look at second by second rotations of top parsing hunters. In the past I was the one helping others out and writing small guides on forums...now I'm the one asking for help. 
      Here is a link to Goroth Mythic (my hunter's name is Mezäsu):
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KjRvcMqbYGrp16Bt#fight=3
      I am very open to criticism and any help anyone has to offer.
      I tried going into the Discord to ask for help there but was not able to get a word in (as the helpers were busy with other people). Hoping I may have better luck here.