Kumunyo

Frost Dk 885 Dps Help

4 posts in this topic

So here I am, consulting Icy Veins forums. I am a Frost Death Knight, with an iLevel of 885 that is REALLY struggling with my dps. I'm running a BoS build because it was recommended to my by other Frost Dks. I have done a ton of research about this issue to no avail and I really need some professional help. 

Here's my armory and my charts for my last Heroic Nighthold with my guild

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Kumunyo/simple

Dps Charts: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21405978/latest#

Note: I do see that my Haste is incredibly high, I'm currently working to get the 4-piece tier gear.

A few things that can help you out a lot. 

-Stats are really not prioritized right, your haste is actually where you want it right around 20%,  Crit and Mastery are terribly low.  That's a big baseline dps loss.  My DK is around 7.8k haste rating (21%), 8k mastery (40%), 6.4k crit(23%), and and 1k (idk) versa (due to set bonus).   My Crit is a little better when on target with eye though so that number is not entirely accurate.   So your haste can actually need to be improved also.  Just remember iLevel is not always best, I hated when Blizz put that Gear Score in the game.  I would Prioritize replacing your chest, cloak, and shoulders since they have so much versa for crit haste mastery.  Run the LFR's for better trinkets along with your normal raids for more chances at COF, and 4 set (focus Tich, Guldan, and Krosus for Tier bosses).  Even if it drops your i level down, your actual character power will go up if that makes sense.

-rotations.  Not prioritizing Breath when you spec'd into it.  It should be used almost entirely off its 2 min CD.  When you get to know the fights you learn to hold it for advantage but some fights you held it for a full 2 min before using (Chrono Normal).  Krosus it was never used.  Other than that Howling Blast should only be used on Rime Procs, using it otherwise is a large dps loss per rune spent compared to waiting a second for another rune for obliterate.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 11:14 AM, Matster said:

A few things that can help you out a lot. 

-Stats are really not prioritized right, your haste is actually where you want it right around 20%,  Crit and Mastery are terribly low.  That's a big baseline dps loss.  My DK is around 7.8k haste rating (21%), 8k mastery (40%), 6.4k crit(23%), and and 1k (idk) versa (due to set bonus).   My Crit is a little better when on target with eye though so that number is not entirely accurate.   So your haste can actually need to be improved also.  Just remember iLevel is not always best, I hated when Blizz put that Gear Score in the game.  I would Prioritize replacing your chest, cloak, and shoulders since they have so much versa for crit haste mastery.  Run the LFR's for better trinkets along with your normal raids for more chances at COF, and 4 set (focus Tich, Guldan, and Krosus for Tier bosses).  Even if it drops your i level down, your actual character power will go up if that makes sense.

-rotations.  Not prioritizing Breath when you spec'd into it.  It should be used almost entirely off its 2 min CD.  When you get to know the fights you learn to hold it for advantage but some fights you held it for a full 2 min before using (Chrono Normal).  Krosus it was never used.  Other than that Howling Blast should only be used on Rime Procs, using it otherwise is a large dps loss per rune spent compared to waiting a second for another rune for obliterate.

Thank you very much for the wisdom, I will definitely work on lfr to get my tier armor and move progressively into the actual raid and get that gear, I written down the stats you have provided me with and I'll work on getting the gear you recommended, thanks again. I'll get back on this forum and post future dps and such when I get the opportunity to balance my stats.

One thing mat said that I highly agree with is ilvl is by far not everything. Specifically with rings and neck seeking out better stats versus ilvl can make all the difference. Even with Trinkets, a more powerful trinket that say is 830 is better than a crap one at 880. Heck there are people in top parses using 825 horns of valor. So, that's actually really wise advice on his part. Seek better gear not better ilvl. I was also pleasantly surprised at the gear you can get from nighthold LFR. You can even get really lucky on Titan fordging from there. A buddy has like 4 900 pieces from LFR only.