Damien

Hearthstone 3-Mana Minions

25 posts in this topic

Just wanted to point out that you say it's value appears low. but what you are saying is that it is an efficient choice. The words are hard to understand.

Just wanted to point out that you say it's value appears low. but what you are saying is that it is an efficient choice. The words are hard to understand.

Which minion?

Which minion?

he means on stoneskin gargoyle obv. I am thinking that this card has some spot in some spots where you're stranded in needing cards like these.

About King Mukla,

He can be combo-d effectively with lorewalker cho the turn before so that the bananas become moot while cho is in play, and cho can be played turn 2 so its an instant set up.

You say Gnomish Experimenter is a terrible pick in Arena, but Heartharena and Arenavalue rate it as average pick, and there's a video in which Kripp speaks in its defence. Maybe it would make you rethink your evaluation of the card?

While the Hobgoblin is weak, I think it's worth pointing out that at least for a Paladin it's not the worst, and probably above Tier 7 (Bad); it turns your hero power into a 3/3 generator, which means that just playing it out and having 2 mana left gives you a 2/3 and a 3/3 for 5 mana.  Add in cards like Muster for Battle, or a rare like Imp Master and It's not shabby.  

No, Hobgoblin does not work like that. It only buffs cards that are played from your hand.

1 person likes this

Alarmarrow-10x10.pngo bot is really strong with druid in constructed, since all those times you innervate it out this is very hard to deal with on turn 1. Your opponent has to coin a 3 damage removal which messes up their game play if they're rushing, and without that removal it could be auto win smile.png Those times it dies you don't lose a lot of tempo since it only costed 3 to play as a soft taunt, early taunts like shield bearer combo with it too.

You say Gnomish Experimenter is a terrible pick in Arena, but Heartharena and Arenavalue rate it as average pick, and there's a video in which Kripp speaks in its defence. Maybe it would make you rethink your evaluation of the card?

I would like to add something to this. You say that "Gnomish Experimenter could be used in a deck that plays an extremely high ratio of spells, such as Miracle Rogue or Freeze Mage." You then proceed by formulating the risks in such a serious way that it essentially shoots down any hopes someone could've had of using it. I really think that, if you are running Miracle Rogue or Freeze Mage, you should consider either using this card as soon as you can(thus limiting the chance that you draw those key minions) or simply AFTER drawing those minions. Rogue, in particular, can surely find use to a 1-mana card as a cheap activator of Combo cards.

Of course it's not 100% reliable, but such is the nature of constructed play. It is expected to lose some games as long as you win more games than you lose. I see this card making you lose ridiculously bad a really small number of games in Miracle Rogue(potentially in Freeze Mage, depends which one exactly). In exchange you get a much needed draw/cycle effect that gets you a turn closer to that card you need so bad in the deck with a 3/2 for 3 mana! Crazy!

This is simply regarding a typo in Goblin Sapper. In the Arena section it's written "greats" when it should be "great".

I don't want to change the topic, but is this a correct way to report typos and is there a better way? I couldn't find anything in the rules about it.

About Hobgoblin. You say in the constructed section that there aren't enough interesting 1-attack minions to justify including it in a deck, but, right here on Icy Veins, you have a Legend deck that has been used in tournaments that uses Hobgoblin. I'm guessing you wrote this prior to seeing viable decks with it, I'm just pointing it out.

This is simply regarding a typo in Goblin Sapper. In the Arena section it's written "greats" when it should be "great".

I don't want to change the topic, but is this a correct way to report typos and is there a better way? I couldn't find anything in the rules about it.

Yes, it is a correct way to report typos (mainly because it is one of only two, other being PM).

About Hobgoblin. You say in the constructed section that there aren't enough interesting 1-attack minions to justify including it in a deck, but, right here on Icy Veins, you have a Legend deck that has been used in tournaments that uses Hobgoblin. I'm guessing you wrote this prior to seeing viable decks with it, I'm just pointing it out.

Hobgoblin still isn't a very competitive card. A lot of decks can reach legend, but would you really play mill rogue, fatigue mage or a beast druid to get to legend? Also, Murloc Warlock was used in tournament, but that doesn't mean it is good.

Hobgoblin still isn't a very competitive card. A lot of decks can reach legend, but would you really play mill rogue, fatigue mage or a beast druid to get to legend? Also, Murloc Warlock was used in tournament, but that doesn't mean it is good.

Well, it is viable, so there's justification to include it in a deck. The card description says otherwise, that's mainly why I said that.

I don't find using the same deck game after game to be enjoyable, doesn't matter which one. I usually climb ranks by cycling between at least 4 different decks and, if I find one lacking particularly in the meta, I change some things to try stuff out.

Edited by EDL666

There's a typo in Lil' Exorcist's Constructed Play section. It talks about "a great deal of Deathrattle effects present in the metal". Surely you meant "meta" instead of "metal", otherwise I don't understand what exactly you meant.

1 person likes this

This card is useless now as it no longer has charge. Cheers blizzard

To the Arcane Golem : Sottle, you changed the decription of card (after the nerf), but not the card and decklist itself.

Alarmarrow-10x10.pngo bot is really strong with druid in constructed, since all those times you innervate it out this is very hard to deal with on turn 1. Your opponent has to coin a 3 damage removal which messes up their game play if they're rushing, and without that removal it could be auto win :) Those times it dies you don't lose a lot of tempo since it only costed 3 to play as a soft taunt, early taunts like shield bearer combo with it too.

And you mess up your innervate.

The Arena guide is like "the first-pick" so the tier of cards is considered as it was 1-5. picked card, so no combos.

Posted (edited)

This card is useless now as it no longer has charge. Cheers blizzard

I guess you're talking about Arcane Golem? I don't think it's useless, it's very dangerous for sure, but a 4/4 for 1 mana less can still do some work, it's just not very likely that you will play that on turn 3 which makes it very situational

Speaking of Arcane Golem, you guys still have the old cards with charge for the pictures

Edited by EDL666

10 hours ago, Guest Cosmos said:

Moroes fits perfectly into my divine-shield aggro paladin deck.  When I make legendary with it, someday... you'll see. 

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cards/neutral/moroes

I imagine I used a very similar deck to you to hit legend. Moroes was OK, but only shone in situations when the enemy had no clear at all. There's so much that can kill him and he is only really good when combined with Steward of Darkshire, which is targeted immediately when played.

The images of Murloc Warleader and Coldlight Seer still have the old text. I'm not sure if the description should be changed, considering the upcoming Murloc support and the fact that you no longer buff the opponent's Murlocs, but those images should definitely be changed to have the new text.

Edited by EDL666

1 hour ago, EDL666 said:

The images of Murloc Warleader and Coldlight Seer still have the old text. I'm not sure if the description should be changed, considering the upcoming Murloc support and the fact that you no longer buff the opponent's Murlocs, but those images should definitely be changed to have the new text.

Noted, thanks! :)

The Violet Illusionist link in the list of 3 mana minions leads to Hearthpwn

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor