Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shadow Priest Haste caps

4 posts in this topic

I'm a shadow priest, I raid heroics I included an armory link above.

I currently have the 41.75% haste build, and gemming mastery and such, but is it better to have the 50% haste cap?

41.75% gives most of the extra ticks, but 50% is the GCD cap and also gives me 1+ tick of vamp touch I believe?

--Should I use 41.75% haste cap, or 50%?--

if you like swapping to fdcl for multidot now and then, and have black blood, 50% is fun and easy to hit.

if you like swapping to fdcl for multidot now and then, and have black blood, 50% is fun and easy to hit.

what boss fights would it be good to swap to fdcl for?

Protectors is ideal for FDCL. no other fight is better. galakras wouldnt allow you to top the charts but the damage you could focus on key targets would be powerful. with the right pace, spoils could be good.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By timmo900
      Hey guys,
      Just wondering peoples thoughts on the 20% Haste Minimum for UH DPS.
      Who thinks it is absolutely crucial?
      I am looking at a bunch of recent drops i have that are basically same ilvl. 
      I run castigator and all of the pieces i want to swap in, will give me loads more crit, but drop my haste from 20% down to 16%.
      how detrimental do you think this will be if i make the change? my crit will sit at almost 40% up from 32%.
      Thanks in advance,
    • By Keldren
      I use AMR to quickly get an idea of different gear upgrades pretty often. With the changes to mastery they have yet to really set up a new default stat weight and I didn't really like the stat weight they had before anyway. I know the priority of Vers>Haste>Mastery>Crit. This is more about the technical weights for AMR.
      Does anyone have any thoughts on what stat weighting they use for AMR or what the new weights should be?
      Thank you.
    • By Avanti
      Who Are We?
      We are a group of returning skilled and experienced wow players that have been playing together since vanilla WoW, boasting ranks as high as US top 10. We have led other guilds to success in the past and are once again looking to do that in Legion.
      What is QQ?
      QQ is a US based semi-hardcore guild full of members who enjoy aggresively and timely clearing mythic raid content. We are planning to compete for US top 100 and are seeking like-minded and exceptional players to help us achieve that goal.
      What are your raid times?
      Our raid times are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (optional Mon) at 8:30pm-11:30/12pm PST 
      Raid invites will go out 15 minutes prior to raid.
      Do you have a VOIP?
      We use Discord. Join us on discord if you have more questions, want to join, or just want to hang out! Check the "Shoutbox" for an invite.
      Roster: We will have a roster of 24 people and wish to stay around that number. We understand real life RNG occurs. 
      Loot: We use a loot council system to evenly distribute loot among our raid.
      What We Expect:
      You have done what you can to min/max your character.
      You are confident in your abilities to play your class, and can take constructive criticism.
      You are aware of and can move from hazardous encounter mechanics, with little negative effect on your dps/healing/etc.
      You are searching for a long term guild to progress into future tiers with.
      Current classes we have a high demand for:
      Druid - Boomkin and Feral
      Priest - Shadow
      Warlock - Destro/Demo
       * Note this is for core spots in Mythic Progression *
      Please note if you don't see your class/spec listed fill free to throw an application in we are always looking for exceptional players to add to our roster.
      Please register on the website and submit an application if you plan on raiding/playing with us. You can register at our website at
      If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact any one of us.
    • By Vaellian
      So on the stat priority page it says that mastery is even above strength. I've been following that for awhile, but i noticed simcraft released a legion version and i always love using it for myself. my question is that when i ran my stat scailings in simcraft, i got

Str: 1
      AP: .95
      Haste: .91
      Mastery: .86
      I'd link armory but i noticed that blizzard hasn't seemed to updated their armory. im getting my 725 ilvl Pre-patch char

because of the way our mastery works, is this difference in the stats caused by the fact that Pots are Proc based damage (thus increasing in damage with mastery) The neck enchant is a Proc damage, our 2 BiS trinkets are also proc damage, and paladin Greater blessing of Might, if given to us. is proc damage

The Simcraft official dps ranking has the warrior is 2k stats all around and 13k mastery. so there's definately something to it
    • By Rude
      I know Void Torrent is my highest priority. But I feel like using first VB to make sure my dots get refreshed is more important.
      Is it more important to max/min my insanity decay (Use VoiT instantly) or make sure my DOT uptime is maximized?