FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Highmaul Warlock Style - Normal, Heroic, & Mythic

Posted in the Aff thread, this information is wrong. Going through logs and living testing now I'm getting the DMF proc from DoTs.

I was on Weds. Tonight I went full boss fights without it, 5+ minutes of just dots on target dummy and no procs.

Well this is weird...got a proc off my first UA cast and now rolling DoTs for 7 min with no procs....so...ya...

Maybe it procs on the initial dmg? but not ticks? idk

Screw blizzard. I mean, really. Breaking something like this mid week. Screw them.

Good find dude, thanks for bringing it up here. I'm going go poke a few pins in to my Celestalon voodoo doll.

First keep in mind that the recommendations are not set in stone and are based on low data samples for now.

I've been sticking with gosup even when using cata

First keep in mind that the recommendations are not set in stone and are based on low data samples for now.

I've been sticking with gosup even when using cata

Yeah of course, I been just sticking to DS + CoSupp but figure I would this week try out the option suggested, so I was wondering if I should keep GoSup or do GoSac. Also is Observer still pet of choice with GoSupp if you not doing DS? or has maybe imp taken over. Feel both work, but not sure.

I was noticing as demo and even destruction that my sandman's was really dicking me over last night. I'm going to blame it for getting me knocked into the tiger pit on our mythic kargath kill. Yup.

I'd just like to confirm that Dark Bargain still works when getting the shield in Ko'ragh

LOL, how bad did that DoT hurt?

LOL, how bad did that DoT hurt?

Honest question, sorry for my ignorance. It was mentioned previously in this thread and I just thought i'd check. The damage from standing in that barrier pierces alot of abilities. 

Honest question, sorry for my ignorance. It was mentioned previously in this thread and I just thought i'd check. The damage from standing in that barrier pierces alot of abilities. 

It is suppose to pierce all mitigation to require basically raw heals only.  Apparently Dark Bargains false immunity leaves it on the table but yeah I imagine that that DoT it applies as the 50% damage you took over 8 sec either needs to be bomb healed or you have to let it bleed out part of your ball shield timing it right. You could also probably Paladin cheese that with Purity since the DoT your Dark Bargain applies is susceptible to mitigation abilities.

It is suppose to pierce all mitigation to require basically raw heals only.  Apparently Dark Bargains false immunity leaves it on the table but yeah I imagine that that DoT it applies as the 50% damage you took over 8 sec either needs to be bomb healed or you have to let it bleed out part of your ball shield timing it right. You could also probably Paladin cheese that with Purity since the DoT your Dark Bargain applies is susceptible to mitigation abilities.

It would be impossible to survive without HUGE adjustments needed.  I believe the hit from Overflowing does 1,500,000 damage?  If true, you'd take 50% of that over 8 seconds, or 750,000/8 = 93,750.  No healer, or 5 healers, in the game could heal you through 93,750 HPS over 8 seconds without completely laying waste to their mana pool.  Purity would reduce this to a reasonable amount (60% reduction?) so it'd go down to 50k per second, but that's still the Warlock's entire HP pool 1.5x over.  I don't know exact numbers, so I could be off on all of that.

Thanks for helping me understand that gents. Just to clarify, I meant the damage of acquiring the shield, not catching an orb.

Dark Bargain on Ko'Ragh is incredibly useful if you are someone who needs to get the shield. 

I guess he just didn't actually test this?

Edited by Copperbad

It would be impossible to survive without HUGE adjustments needed.  I believe the hit from Overflowing does 1,500,000 damage?  If true, you'd take 50% of that over 8 seconds, or 750,000/8 = 93,750.  No healer, or 5 healers, in the game could heal you through 93,750 HPS over 8 seconds without completely laying waste to their mana pool.  Purity would reduce this to a reasonable amount (60% reduction?) so it'd go down to 50k per second, but that's still the Warlock's entire HP pool 1.5x over.  I don't know exact numbers, so I could be off on all of that.

No sane person would ever try this.  Just spitballing some random ideas.

No sane person would ever try this.  Just spitballing some random ideas.

I would try.  I will try.  Can confirm insane in the membrane.

For how long is Ko'ragh channeling the shield thingy? Should be useful information for timing Dark Bargain properly. I'm soaking third every Ko'ragh fight (which is by far the most hectic one iirc) so I'm sure my healers would appreciate me utilizing this trick.

For how long is Ko'ragh channeling the shield thingy? Should be useful information for timing Dark Bargain properly. I'm soaking third every Ko'ragh fight (which is by far the most hectic one iirc) so I'm sure my healers would appreciate me utilizing this trick.

Don't use Dark bargain if you're soaking. (Don't ever use it, but especially not if you're soaking.) Since Ko'Ragh's caustic energy pierces all reductions and immunities. SacPac should generally be your go-to choice, and succh is the case in this fight, reducing basicaly all of your HP in damage, lightening the load on healers at any time throughout the fight.

Edit for sake of not being a dick: his shield charge is 20 sec.

Edited by Astynax

Don't use Dark bargain if you're soaking. (Don't ever use it, but especially not if you're soaking.) Since Ko'Ragh's caustic energy pierces all reductions and immunities. SacPac should generally be your go-to choice, and succh is the case in this fight, reducing basicaly all of your HP in damage, lightening the load on healers at any time throughout the fight.

Wait, so me popping the 20% reduc in there is of no help at all? I thought only the balls pierced reductions... Thanks for the info!

I use SacPact with Dark Regeneration and Glyphed Healthstone.

AKA "YOU FOOLS!! I AM IMMORTAL!! I AM ETERNAL!! YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"