FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Highmaul Warlock Style - Normal, Heroic, & Mythic

The glyph sucks in my opinion but it's up to you.

I only using it as everything I read/all the sims show it being required. Not like we have any real strong major ones to use. Wish they would make Demon Training work with the lv 100 DS talent.

I only using it as everything I read/all the sims show it being required. Not like we have any real strong major ones to use. Wish they would make Demon Training work with the lv 100 DS talent.

Where have you seen it shown as being required?

I don't know anyone who actually uses it as Destruction to be honest. It's a loss for Affliction iirc, and Demonology with Demonbolt is a no brainer...

The notion of taking it just to fill a glyph slot is a bit daft to say the least...

So a 3/3 Sandman beats the Shard ok, I will get that. For DS I use the glyph which I expect we are supposed to use, which makes it 1min cd that last 10secs.

The glyph is balls, if you have sandmans, thats a 115s CD and a 20s duration. Doesn't line up properly and you lose trinkets syncing with DS. The only time you'll use the glyph is probably for BRF trinkets, that have a 10s duration on a 65s ICD (approximately) 

I only using it as everything I read/all the sims show it being required. Not like we hawelly real strong major ones to use. Wish they would make Demon Training work with the lv 100 DS talent.

Healthstone, siphon life, and soulstone are solid choices. The ones that change unyielding resolve are useful in some fights. Ember Tap possibly as well. None of our glyphs will impact our DPS much, which is intended. Warlocks have quite a few that help with survivability and healing, putting less pressure on healers.

Where have you seen it shown as being required?

I don't know anyone who actually uses it as Destruction to be honest. It's a loss for Affliction iirc, and Demonology with Demonbolt is a no brainer...

The notion of taking it just to fill a glyph slot is a bit daft to say the least...

Last time I looked at sims Destro was using the DS glyph, last time I fully read the destro guide it was using it as well. That was around early days of WoD, of course I have not had a chance to read and check new sims, to see if Crit build is still way to go for destro.

For Demo I knew DS glyph so it lines up pretty much when you be dumping fury with Demonbolts

Last time I looked at sims Destro was using the DS glyph, last time I fully read the destro guide it was using it as well. That was around early days of WoD, of course I have not had a chance to read and check new sims, to see if Crit build is still way to go for destro.

For Demo I knew DS glyph so it lines up pretty much when you be dumping fury with Demonbolts

Crit build is still the way to go, for now. The DS glyph only works with BiS trinkets from BRF because they have a 10s duration with a 65s ICD (.92 rppm)

Crit build is still the way to go, for now. The DS glyph only works with BiS trinkets from BRF because they have a 10s duration with a 65s ICD (.92 rppm)

You still wouldn't glyph DS because you don't get a 0.92 RPPM trinket to proc every 60 seconds.  The only thing the new trinkets do is give you a new opportunity to use Chaos Bolt with a proc.  Destruction should not glyph Dark Soul. 

Has anyone tried DS glyph on Imperator for DS on every add? If yes, how does it sync up?

If you glyph DS, you will not get DS for every add.  Adds come about every 45 seconds. 

Starting Imperator progress tonight (at last!). Probably should say on normal before anyone starts thinking Mythic! So is it still advised to use Cata over the big pet? I was looking at Liquid's (nicely done!!!) video and from what I can see 2 out of 3 use the Doomguard though I do not know what specs they were. Pretty much all the other videos I have watched the Doomy has been out.

Personally I don't know the HP of the little adds but if I am on them I would be scared of killing some too early if I use Cata there. More likely though I am on the Mages/Reaver.

Plus with the amount of movement at times the big pet may win out? Though yeah I guess it's mostly some side steps so bank a Conflag and the run in KJC will probabaly be up?

Thanks for any assistance and other tips you may have not in the guide. 

Starting Imperator progress tonight (at last!). Probably should say on normal before anyone starts thinking Mythic! So is it still advised to use Cata over the big pet? I was looking at Liquid's (nicely done!!!) video and from what I can see 2 out of 3 use the Doomguard though I do not know what specs they were. Pretty much all the other videos I have watched the Doomy has been out.

Personally I don't know the HP of the little adds but if I am on them I would be scared of killing some too early if I use Cata there. More likely though I am on the Mages/Reaver.

Plus with the amount of movement at times the big pet may win out? Though yeah I guess it's mostly some side steps so bank a Conflag and the run in KJC will probabaly be up?

In normal KJC is overkill, just pool a charge of conflag for movement.

I know the initial guide suggested trying to use Cataclysm every other big add so you could cleave the boss and the add - but in practice that may be more difficult to get down due to the timing and having to avoid the bad stuff on the ground.  

I did it with Cata on our most recent attempt, and my DPS stunk (in my opinion).  Next time I was planning on trying the big fella with GoSup, although I like Liquid's suggestion of using GoServ.  

Thank all for the advice and  for the last boss I went with the big pet and I opted for KJC as my guild has a habit of moving 20 yards when 10 will suffice and one Conflag just isn't enough.

Well best attempt we got to about 25% so some nice progress really. What a fun fight! That attempt took 11 minutes though so does anyone know where is the line that constant Doomy outweighs the eyeball, 2 cooldown summons and Cata?

So once I settled in I was about 18-19k (yeah I know not great but I was more watching the mechanics). After a while though one of the hunters left and guess who gets chosen for the Arcane Wrath... So last 3 tries I dropped to like 15k and missing Havocs however I know that mechanics>dps. So if I get chosen again do you think I should go Affliction? I know that better than Demo so it would be my first choice. Ah anyhow I can try and see myself next week. Hope everyone else is having fun in their raids biggrin.png

Edited by spikeysquad

Thank all for the advice and  for the last boss I went with the big pet and I opted for KJC as my guild has a habit of moving 20 yards when 10 will suffice and one Conflag just isn't enough.

Well best attempt we got to about 25% so some nice progress really. What a fun fight! That attempt took 11 minutes though so does anyone know where is the line that constant Doomy outweighs the eyeball, 2 cooldown summons and Cata?

So once I settled in I was about 18-19k (yeah I know not great but I was more watching the mechanics). After a while though one of the hunters left and guess who gets chosen for the Arcane Wrath... So last 3 tries I dropped to like 15k and missing Havocs however I know that mechanics>dps. So if I get chosen again do you think I should go Affliction? I know that better than Demo so it would be my first choice. Ah anyhow I can try and see myself next week. Hope everyone else is having fun in their raids biggrin.png

First of all, if you don't go with Demonic Servitude, you may be better of using the imp than the observer.  Because the imp is ranged it does better on movement and target switches.   I think you'd only want the Observer if your raid needs help interrupting the mages.  The DPS difference between the pets (not counting Demonic Servitude) is negligible.

I'd also add that while in theory having Cataclysm available every other big add sounds great, it can be more challenging with all the movement required for the fight.   Once nice thing about Demonic Servitude is how little effort it requires to keep the DG/TG active.

Generally speaking, the conventional wisdom seems to be that Destruction is the spec to use on this fight, due the opportunities to use Shadowburn on adds while cleaving the boss. 

First of all, if you don't go with Demonic Servitude, you may be better of using the imp than the observer.  Because the imp is ranged it does better on movement and target switches.   I think you'd only want the Observer if your raid needs help interrupting the mages.  The DPS difference between the pets (not counting Demonic Servitude) is negligible.

I'd also add that while in theory having Cataclysm available every other big add sounds great, it can be more challenging with all the movement required for the fight.   Once nice thing about Demonic Servitude is how little effort it requires to keep the DG/TG active.

Generally speaking, the conventional wisdom seems to be that Destruction is the spec to use on this fight, due the opportunities to use Shadowburn on adds while cleaving the boss. 

Thanks Stunlocked for the detailed reply. Yeah you are right that the Imp is probably better on dps (and probably self-heals) but at the same time a lot of mage casts went through... I realise that my "maths" was wrong before. I was thinking of say when you have a very short fight then I believe that the summonable DG can beat the constant DG as it has such a high uptime. So then I thought oh wow I can actually have 2 DG in this fight so yay. However, I realised that would be 2 summons in say a 14 minute fight making that a 7 minute fight each and hence not worth it. Oh well I get there in the end albeit a little slowly!

Yes I agree with Destro being the better spec generally but I found that while doing the debuff I was moving too much. Perhaps though this is just a practice thing and when we as a pair are not failing so much on getting the debuff away we will not have to move so much... 2 Locks on Wrath duty, fun! Though yes maybe I can make better use of my personal portal with time. 

Edited by spikeysquad

In normal KJC is overkill, just pool a charge of conflag for movement.

Yes but what are your other options on a 13 minute fight? At 13 minutes AD will get you next to nothing at all. It's already mediocre at best for 5-7 minute fights, and if I can get off a tiny amount of casts more with KJC it will beat it.

Yes but what are your other options on a 13 minute fight? At 13 minutes AD will get you next to nothing at all. It's already mediocre at best for 5-7 minute fights, and if I can get off a tiny amount of casts more with KJC it will beat it.

Lol dat 1 extra DS. Yeah that's pretty much useless on a 12min fight

Just something I noticed on my mission to become the king of LFR: Don't forget to use your extra burning embers. If a mouseover-shadowburn party is about to begin, burn your embers down to 1 through chaos bolts or shadow burns to your main target. The same goes for a FnB party, but there's only one or two of those. You will become ember capped on imperator and Ko'ragh if your raid isn't one-shotting everything. If you have 3 embers, you have a "free" chaos bolt before you shadowburn-snipe something. This also applies to Bracken.

Especially on Imperator: in the final phase you can get a shadowburn for every few incinerate or conflag casts, and it helps you drop the boss much faster than tunneling on the AOE. Once the adds get low, instead of havoc and 3 shadowburns, you can alternate shadowburns on adds and shadowburns on Imperator.

Just something to keep in mind. Good luck folks.

Edited by Mikedawg

Starting M Mar'Gok tonight. Any tips, tricks, or hints?

Cata worth taking? Glyph of Havoc?

Edited by Twona

Glyph of Havoc is terrible. Get used to precasting Havoc 7 seconds in advance and you can pretty much always get 2 uses out of it on stuff.

I don't think Cata is worth it personally.

• Like 1

Gahdda's protip of the week: If you're running gosup DS instead of goserv DS, you're doing it wrong!

This is particularly true if you have either shards of nothing or copeland's clarity. GoServ is just massively better for demonic servitude because you get full benefit from dark soul on the service.

The reason GoServ is worse than GoSup without DS is that you lose out on terrorguard damage. You actually gain damage from your real pet, you just lose 20% on your doomguard/terrorguard. Since doomguard/terrorguard replace your normal pet with DS, you aren't losing that gap anymore.

• Like 1

Gahdda's protip of the week: If you're running gosup DS instead of goserv DS, you're doing it wrong!

This is particularly true if you have either shards of nothing or copeland's clarity. GoServ is just massively better for demonic servitude because you get full benefit from dark soul on the service.

The reason GoServ is worse than GoSup without DS is that you lose out on terrorguard damage. You actually gain damage from your real pet, you just lose 20% on your doomguard/terrorguard. Since doomguard/terrorguard replace your normal pet with DS, you aren't losing that gap anymore.

Is this true regardless of spec and fight?

Does GoServ effect Demonic Servitude? allowing me to have two Doomguards out? If not what pet do you recommend we use with GoServ summon (felhunter, imp, or succy?)

Good. I've been doing this a lot but wasn't sure if it was actually better.

Does GoServ effect Demonic Servitude? allowing me to have two Doomguards out? If not what pet do you recommend we use with GoServ summon (felhunter, imp, or succy?)

Yes, you can combine GoServ with DS and have two Doomguards at once.