FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Highmaul Warlock Style - Normal, Heroic, & Mythic

Finally downed Mythic Imperator tonight, and coined the staff! Nice upgrade from a HC staff biggrin.png

Congrats pølsemannen! :) PoV inc?

Sorry for spam but you guys might find these helpful. I uploaded Demonology PoV's that I recorded last week following the hotfixes. Enjoy :)

• Like 1

Sorry for spam but you guys might find these helpful. I uploaded Demonology PoV's that I recorded last week following the hotfixes. Enjoy smile.png

Nice vids dude biggrin.png

Noticed on your twins vid you alternated between using 3x DB and 4x DB, depending on how much fury  you've managed to chalk up after the DB debuff cools down. That would be the general consensus now on burning DBs, yeah? 

Edited by Bitemeplease

Nice vids dude biggrin.png

Noticed on your twins vid you alternated between using 3x DB and 4x DB, depending on how much fury  you've managed to chalk up after the DB debuff cools down. That would be the general consensus now on burning DBs, yeah? 

I think so. I'm not going to pretend to know so. Feels right and my damage is good, take from that what you will :)

I think so. I'm not going to pretend to know so. Feels right and my damage is good, take from that what you will smile.png

I also saw in twins that you never waited for Dark Soul to come off CD before using Demonbolts, is that how we suppose to do it? Just use Demonbolt regardless?

Also notice at the end you let corruption fall off and Doom at a point, and even used a chaos wave - dots I get as it seems you just spaced on them lol, but why the chaos wave at the end?

Hey what is your string for WA to track Dark Soul like that, I used locky nice wa but didn't have a dark soul one.

Edited by Nytemare

When did I space out on my DoTs on twin ogron? I'm on my phone so can't watch, but if they expired 10s before the end then Doom won't have been worth it anyway.

I used CW for that same reason; bosses dying and fury to burn.

First of all, thank you Liquid for posting those videos!  Secondly I am also curious as to your thoughts on DB.  I'm finding myself getting to my DB burn phase with like 15 seconds before DS comes off CD occasionally.  Should I wait for it to come off CD or fire off the DB's and hit DS on the next burn phase?

My guild is starting Mythic this week.  A question about Kargath: Unless I'm mistaken the fight is still bugged so DoTs don't work correctly on the tigers.  If that's the case, is Demo considered better than Destruction on the fight?  Corruption and Doom would be affected.  But the direct damage abilities may make up for that. 

My guild is starting Mythic this week.  A question about Kargath: Unless I'm mistaken the fight is still bugged so DoTs don't work correctly on the tigers.  If that's the case, is Demo considered better than Destruction on the fight?  Corruption and Doom would be affected.  But the direct damage abilities may make up for that. 

I am not sure it really matters. We have never bothered killing the tigers on this fight as we found leaving them up increases favor generation. Sure, people pad the meters by damaging them, but we can generally reach 100 favor by 2nd chain toss, then just hero and burn him down in 30 seconds.

Just downed mythic twins tonight, went DB build. Did around 29k with ivl of 669, felt that I could be doing much more though. 

I think I lined up DB with DS relatively ok. Fury management wise I was doing 4x DB most of the time. 

Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GbgcTAjRYQB97LF1#type=summary

If anyone could take a quick look at it and find out what I might be doing wrong that'll be great thanks :)

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Bitemeplease/simple

(still have the shitty version of Sandman's, can't really line it up with procs with its RPMM, if anyone could suggest a trinket i should aim for that'll be great too!)

Possibly starting mythic imp this week if all goes well on Koragh. Can i stick with demo for this fight or is destro still better to mess with on progression? I'm just over destro and having fun with demo. 

Sorry for spam but you guys might find these helpful. I uploaded Demonology PoV's that I recorded last week following the hotfixes. Enjoy smile.png

I want your UI wub.png

When did I space out on my DoTs on twin ogron? I'm on my phone so can't watch, but if they expired 10s before the end then Doom won't have been worth it anyway.

I used CW for that same reason; bosses dying and fury to burn.

4:37 mark with about a minute left to go. You let doom fall off Phemos then you reapplied it, but then corruption fell off, and you didn't reapply it for good 8-10 sec later.

4:37 mark with about a minute left to go. You let doom fall off Phemos then you reapplied it, but then corruption fell off, and you didn't reapply it for good 8-10 sec later.

Doom was off for no more than a second and corruption was left off because I elected to dump demonbolt instead, which obviously takes higher precedence to refreshing corruption.

Doom was off for no more than a second and corruption was left off because I elected to dump demonbolt instead, which obviously takes higher precedence to refreshing corruption.

Ok but wouldn't using just a ToC had worked to refresh corruption before it fell, leading you into DB still? I still trying to figure out if I supposed to just dump DB then pop out of meta or keep using fury on MC SF/ ToC until games pops me out.

Thanks for sharing the vids Liquid :D 

I know there was some info about this recently but sorry I cannot find it... So for heroic Mar'gok. If on Reaver/mages Demo or Destro is ok? I tend to get rather similar numbers. If on little adds in Intermission I'm thinking Destro for more sustained AoE? Still with big Doomy raher than Cata? I tried it in LFR but everything dies too quick to get a decent reading. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Edited by spikeysquad

I am not sure it really matters. We have never bothered killing the tigers on this fight as we found leaving them up increases favor generation. Sure, people pad the meters by damaging them, but we can generally reach 100 favor by 2nd chain toss, then just hero and burn him down in 30 seconds.

Humor me :-)

I don't know what strategy we'll be doing.  If we do elect to kill the tigers, Is the bug severe enough that I should go back to Destro so I can cleave via Havoc?    Or will the Demo now be better because we can nuke the cat down faster? 

I don't know what strategy we'll be doing.  If we do elect to kill the tigers, Is the bug severe enough that I should go back to Destro so I can cleave via Havoc?    Or will the Demo now be better because we can nuke the cat down faster? 

The tigers should be in the fire spinning so much that dots are not going to do hardly any damage to them. So yes, you need direct damage if you are intending to kill the cats.

I've never had any problems with dots on the tiger. I can confirm they did damage to the tiger looking at my logs. Demo does really well on this fight. I came close to a 500k demonbolt this week and my guild barely puts any effort into getting the crowd buff.

I've never had any problems with dots on the tiger. I can confirm they did damage to the tiger looking at my logs. Demo does really well on this fight. I came close to a 500k demonbolt this week and my guild barely puts any effort into getting the crowd buff.

Dots work fine, unless the tiger is afflicted with the fire debuff from running into the pillar. They do not tick for any class while it is afflicted with that debuff.

Edited by Middari

Just made acc to ask the following? Liquid could you please share your UI with us? :)

It's pretty heavily modified to be fair.

ElvUi is used as the base, however I make extensive use of Gnosis, WeakAuras and Tidyplates to get it looking like it does.

It's pretty heavily modified to be fair.

ElvUi is used as the base, however I make extensive use of Gnosis, WeakAuras and Tidyplates to get it looking like it does.

Exactly. Would really love to have your ElvUI setup. If that is not possible, at least WeakAuras strings would help alot. Also another question what pvp trinket you use/swap before pulls?

Thanks in advance.