FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Highmaul Warlock Style - Normal, Heroic, & Mythic

For some gradual damage fights, I've changed to Soul Leech.  Namely Imperator Mar'gok.  Those Force Novas and Abberation AoE can mostly be taken care of with Soul Leech and Sac Pact.   For other fights with only burst damage, DR would be a bit better.  I find DR has a lot of overhealing tied to it because you can't exactly tell healers to ignore you since you'll heal yourself to full.

Here's our Heroic Mar'gok kill last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tzdwmx3RLhgNf1K6#type=healing&fight=12&source=6

Soul Leech absorbed almost 2M in damage.  Soul Link did a bit more.  Made me the highest "healing" DPS without an external healing CD such as Vampiric Embrace: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tzdwmx3RLhgNf1K6#type=healing&fight=12

For some gradual damage fights, I've changed to Soul Leech.  Namely Imperator Mar'gok.  Those Force Novas and Abberation AoE can mostly be taken care of with Soul Leech and Sac Pact.   For other fights with only burst damage, DR would be a bit better.  I find DR has a lot of overhealing tied to it because you can't exactly tell healers to ignore you since you'll heal yourself to full.

Here's our Heroic Mar'gok kill last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tzdwmx3RLhgNf1K6#type=healing&fight=12&source=6

Soul Leech absorbed almost 2M in damage.  Soul Link did a bit more.  Made me the highest "healing" DPS without an external healing CD such as Vampiric Embrace: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tzdwmx3RLhgNf1K6#type=healing&fight=12

I'll never use soul link ever in a million years unless they nerf sac pact into the ground. I've been running dark regen on most fights just because I like having the synergy w/ glyph of healthstone for crazy self healing when I need it.

Does anyone have an idea of what Sparkuggz uses at the 2:15 point of his Butcher Mythic video? 

Its his "1" button and something that last a minute?

Flame cap

I'll never use soul link ever in a million years unless they nerf sac pact into the ground. I've been running dark regen on most fights just because I like having the synergy w/ glyph of healthstone for crazy self healing when I need it.

This may seem like a stupid question, but do you worry about your pet dying from using sac pact too much? Or are you using GoSac?  Or am I missing something completely? 

This may seem like a stupid question, but do you worry about your pet dying from using sac pact too much? Or are you using GoSac?  Or am I missing something completely?

I have yet to have an issue with pet death I'm highmaul, even using SacPac like candy.

Soul Link has been iffy. You can't use it on Ko'ragh if you soak, or Imperator if you get the debuff, because the pet will just die from the damage.

Likely a few other scenarios. Also I'm fairly certain the ratio of damage/healing and health has been changed, so the pet gets healed much slower, thus dying even quicker anyway...

Soul Link has been iffy. You can't use it on Ko'ragh if you soak, or Imperator if you get the debuff, because the pet will just die from the damage.

Likely a few other scenarios. Also I'm fairly certain the ratio of damage/healing and health has been changed, so the pet gets healed much slower, thus dying even quicker anyway...

Dumb question inc: wouldn't you pref SacPac on these fights anyway for the burst mitigation (when soaking/marking) anyway? I mean, raid damage be there, but the danger is going to be in the bursts that you can't have mitigation for all the time, or that can't be mitigated.

Blizz is 99% out of the office for two weeks with Christmas and New Years. I don't think any of them return till the 2nd or 3rd. I think the soonest we'll get a fix is the 6th, and even that is unlikely.

Basically - don't play Aff on Kargath.

So we're finally back to raiding after an 8 (yes, eight!) day break. We slipped from 66th to 150th but tonight I bring you two new kill videos from a Warlock PoV. Neither feature particularly stellar performances from yours truly but I'm sure you'll find our Butcher tactic hilarious. Enjoy!

Blizz is 99% out of the office for two weeks with Christmas and New Years. I don't think any of them return till the 2nd or 3rd. I think the soonest we'll get a fix is the 6th, and even that is unlikely.

Basically - don't play Aff on Kargath.

What is the issue with DoTs on Kargath?   Since the other post mentioned damage on the cats - it seems like it's only an issue with Mythic, yes? 

What is the issue with DoTs on Kargath?   Since the other post mentioned damage on the cats - it seems like it's only an issue with Mythic, yes?

Correct. It would appear any DoTs that do not have a direct damage component simply do not do any damage to it whatsoever. Shadow Word:Pain and Immolate are fine, Vampiric Touch and Corruption are not.

I can't even think how you came up with that haha

Nice work though! 

Oh we didn't come up with it ourselves, our Raid Leader knows a guy who knows a guy who did this strat... 

Correct. It would appear any DoTs that do not have a direct damage component simply do not do any damage to it whatsoever. Shadow Word:Pain and Immolate are fine, Vampiric Touch and Corruption are not.

Oh we didn't come up with it ourselves, our Raid Leader knows a guy who knows a guy who did this strat... 

Re: Cats DOT Damage - it's only not ticking while they are dazed, correct?

Dies constantly if you soak for Butcher.  Thought it would be helpful to smooth damage taken on myself since it is so frequent but by 30% your pet is on his last HP and you lose him right when the damage gets shitty.  Not fun, do not use.

Got a couple of questions regarding Affliction in Highmaul.

1)Probably was somewhere, and not even once.

Regarding Soulburn Haunt talent - Could it be useful anywhere outside of Butcher and Twins? Talking both HM and future(BRF, T18+ raiding)
I've found it very awesome concept, yet still somewhat unrefined - eating too much of soulshards. 
Maybe when our shard generation will be OK...

2)Heroic Tectus AoE

I tried Cata here and some other dd from guild took much AoE aswell. It lead us to skyrocking numbers few wipes due to motes starting getting down in HP almost at once. Their shattering raid damage took us down. 
Anyone have faced that? I switched to DemServ and we focused the motes singletarget, less DPS but worked much better.

How on earth it's killable in Mythic?? I can only wonder what hell is happening out therehuh.png Probably some January nightmare material for me in futurebiggrin.png 

3)Life drain talent + Lifedrain glyph.
Total lifesaver for me. Mash it pretty often.
Good tendency or bad?
Saving feint to cover up my mess (flame stacks on Twins, taking arcane mark in the face on Imp, or when I'm charging shield on Koragh) or should I blame my healers? biggrin.png 

P.S. i have zero clue about how US timezones work. it's deep night at my place (2am) but im k with that. what's your time folks>?laugh.png

So my guild lagged behind on progression and only tonight we attempted H Twin Ogron. Is it a good idea as a Destro Lock to glyph DS and Havoc? They have approximately the same CD and double Chaos Bolt felt great. I chose KJC as my L90 talent so I could finish casting the CBs even if fire started. Sorry if this was already discussed. Thanks.

Paracel. I know one thing about the questions you asked and I will share it. The Drain life combo you are using is going to cost you DPS. Even with the glyph and talent. Your DS is the only thing you want to use. Check out my armory and I use a combo of Dark regen, SacPac and Unending Resolve. Even glyph for Cookies if you really need too. Just never use Drain life in place of Drain Soul. Your healers should for sure keep you up. 

Heroic Tect I would just multi dot. That has served me well but that is a fight that aff isn't going to top charts for. 

Now I think it was Zagram or even the Locky but Soulburn:Haunt will never beat out on DPS Demon Servitude. I to be honest have never used that talent but to me the consistent DPS of my Terrorguard is perfect. There is no need to ever use that talent IMO by all means if I am wrong correct me and I will take it on the chin. I am pretty sure I am right on this one. :D 

Now I think it was Zagram or even the Locky but Soulburn:Haunt will never beat out on DPS Demon Servitude. I to be honest have never used that talent but to me the consistent DPS of my Terrorguard is perfect. There is no need to ever use that talent IMO by all means if I am wrong correct me and I will take it on the chin. I am pretty sure I am right on this one. biggrin.png

First, I approve of being called "The Locky"

Second, SB:H starts to pull ahead of DS when you're multi DoTing. The more gear you get the more it pulls ahead.

Pets don't scale for a damn so with a little gear the SB:H on multi target smokes DS.

My experience, SB:H with GoSup Imp on Twins & Brackenspore is the way to go when playing aff. Other fights (So far), is DS

So my guild lagged behind on progression and only tonight we attempted H Twin Ogron. Is it a good idea as a Destro Lock to glyph DS and Havoc? They have approximately the same CD and double Chaos Bolt felt great. I chose KJC as my L90 talent so I could finish casting the CBs even if fire started. Sorry if this was already discussed. Thanks.

Mathwise, glyph of havoc doesnt make sense right now. 3 charges with 15 sec CD or 6 charges with 55 sec cd? Not even at all.

If it could work as intended - double charges, double CD, then it would be OK. But I can't see myself using glyph of havoc any soon.

Actually, I can't see myself Destro on Twins any soon! laugh.png 

@Budman, thank you for you advice.

Though my mom said me once : "Dead don't DPS"cool.png 

I should work on myself staying alive without lifedrain

P.S. I was staring at your GIF for like 10 minutes straight. Captivating...biggrin.png

For single target Servitude is best, the only exception is stuff like Butcher where the fight is over in under 4 minutes. The opening burst afforded by the Terrorguard cooldown and being able to start at 4 shards helps carry you through.

For Tectus you need to take a long hard look at your healers. Having to single target motes is inefficient. You need someone to take charge and organise healing cooldown rotations to deal with the damage.

Regardless Affliction is pretty terrible here although that's mainly for Mythic, on heroic on loss targets it's not THAT bad.

Mathwise, glyph of havoc doesnt make sense right now. 3 charges with 15 sec CD or 6 charges with 55 sec cd? Not even at all.

If it could work as intended - double charges, double CD, then it would be OK. But I can't see myself using glyph of havoc any soon.

Actually, I can't see myself Destro on Twins any soon! laugh.png

The more I think of it the less I think my suggestion was any good. After some more pulls, I decided you don't have enough ember generation to reliably afford 2 CBs/min (especially with the moving around, dodging the fire). So I guess I will keep going as Aff for the next attempts smile.png

Edited by soycd