Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amygdalla

Need Help/Advise on Twin Ogrons

5 posts in this topic

wacko.png sad.png Waaahhhh!!

I need help on this encounter. I do really well in other encounters' mechanics, dodging bad stuff, healing while running, etc...However, this encounter has me very frustrated on Heroic mode. The fire seems to sweep and creep up way too fast. In a 10 man, it is so difficult trying to keep everyone alive, managing CDs and trying not to use all CDs in one go bc Quake happens more than once and you need CDs for the others. So dodging fire, keeping people's healths up, and keeping yourself alive has been difficult nonetheless. First, getting lost/stuck within the flames trying to dodge them, then trying to keep people up...even if I pop SWG and use my spirit wolf form and speed boost with unleash life its difficult. My raid team was more than frustrated with me not being able to keep up the raid and dying to it. I can't for the life of me see the incoming flame patterns, and if I use the zoom out macro and angle the camera while I run to dodge them, the angle gets stuck behind the walls and I cant see the flames either. I tried what the strat on here says and some comments about staying on the left, or near the wall and dodge them as they come, but that didnt work either, I kept getting stuck behind really wide strings of fire.

I dont know if I am just overwhelmed with this mechanic and not seeing a simpler strategy...I hate dying to fire, especially when people are relying on me and raid rage intensity is flying high . Please help =/

Part of it may lie in how your raid does the encounter.  Where are people positioned?  With the exception of the Phemos tank needing to move him for whirlwind, there is really no reason you should have to move far, or a lot, during the encounter. 

First, it is a ton easier if your raid shifts during Quake to stand behind one of the axes.  We tank Pol by the door you come in to start, and either shift left or right as needed to be behind one axe, then all you have to deal with is fire from one.  using this method, the Phemos tank moves out for whirlwind and everyone else is (relatively) safe.  The fire waves come in a pattern, so again, if you only have to deal with one set of waves, they come like this

-----

--------

-----

and all you need to do is zig-zag them.  I try and save SWG or HTT for this so I can be doing the movement and not stressing during it.  How many healers are you running and can they time CDs for this part too if you are having issues?

IMO it should not be all on you (unless you are single healing) to keep the entire raid alive.  Are others getting stacks of fire on them?  Are they using Healing Tonics if they are getting low, or other DR abilities?

Edited by Grahmrook

Hello, 

Please watch the below video: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2q5w5y/twin_ogron_how_to_dodge_the_fire_video/

Then use this console command to set your camera at max distance: 

/console cameraDistanceMax 50

I would also recommend that you practice this fight in LFR. After a few tries, you should be able to identify the "safe zones" where you can cast for a few seconds before having to move again.

If you are super desperate, I would suggest that you use Glyph of Riptide (for instant hots on the move) and Glyph of Chaining (to reach people during the fire phase that are too far away)together. Just spam riptide on people before the fire phase and top it up if it drops. If possible, try to get off a chain heal during the fire phase. These two glyphs reduce your overall efficiency, but make it easier to heal during that phase. Some healing is better than no healing right? Also, put down a healing rain and healing stream totem just before the fire phase. 

Heyas!

First of all, this video is really awesome. As Karanir said, watch it and practice in LFR. 

My bit of advice:

1) from your post it seems that you move around much more than really needed. Try to calm down and watch what's going on around you: stay still, spot the gap in fire, move through it. You shouldn't do it more than 2-3 times and it's like 3-4 sec of movement. This fire does not one shot, so try to stay calm. ^^

2) Do you have GTFO addon that shouts when you are staying in fire? It can help if you don't see where you are standing.

3) What really helped to my raid was when we decided to relax a bit with dpsing through the fire and to focus on dodging it. This fight is not about hitting the enrage, so 10 sec of a bit less dps but much more attention to where you are move definitely helps. I think that you should advice this to your RL.

4) Can you please post your Twin logs here? It would be easier to give some proper advice then :)

wait until you reach this 2nd-easiest boss in Mythical where cyclone pulls you DURING fire...

How to deal with fire:

First: far camera distance, do a 90 degree overview of the toon.  It's going to look weird at first because nobody does that.  This way walls won't block your view, and you can get a view on the stage.

Spot the space between fire - run thru.

Or, if you're cornered, just run thru fire head on.  Most of the time you will end up with only 1 stack of debuff, which is completely manageable.  

How to deal with raid heal/rage:

- Focus mainly on tank heal, drop a totem, a few riptides on raid, there is absolutely no need to stand there and cast chains & get yourself burned to death. (because that'll be your fault)

- If raid members are dying to fire, comment on their incompetence..  Because one will NOT die with only 1 stack of debuff.  Even 2 stacks wont kill them (personal cd & HOTs are enough to keep one alive).  3 stacks = l2p..

- If fire is combined with the boss's shout ability (which happens only once in the entire encounter), just pop ascendance + healing tide and run around like you're actually doing stuff.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pandacho
      I'm creating this stand alone thread with my UI so it would be easier to maintain and update the strings here, rather than in two different guides that already grew too big for easy updates.
      My UI looks like this:

All the frames except of the raid ones are ElvUI, raid frames are Vuhdo.
      The shaman hub in the middle is Sweetsour's Shaman Auras.
      ElvUI profile:
      Pastebin

Please read carefully before importing VuhDo profiles:
      VuhDo profiles do not contain custom bouquets so to use my bouquets you will have to import them to VuhDo before importing my profile.
      If you will not import custom bouquets, you will get an error message about them missing.
      If you don't need my bouquets but only a general layout, you can choose other options instead of them in VuhDo configuration in game.

Custom bouquets:
      Paladin Beacon
      Personal CDs
      Raid Cooldowns
      Single_targ_mitigation

VuhDo profile Resto Shaman (20-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo profile Resto Shaman (5-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo Resto Shaman Key Layouts:
      Pastebin

VuhDo profile Resto Druid (20-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo profile Resto Druid (5-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo Resto Druid Key Layouts:
      Pastebin

UI video 5-man:

UI video raid:

• By Jester
      Hello everyone, I am new on the forum, but have seen and read a lot of forum posts, and guides on my Resto Druid.
      Background about past experience is I have only played Melee DPS Since BC. I never once touched a druid, nor have I ever played a healer class.
      Legion is the first time I have ever played Healing, and found to really enjoy it. Starting to actually gear up my Resto Shaman as well.
      Questions I have is regarding this, which I hope helps other Resto druid's questions.
      How is my itemization. What could I change (other than upgrading the enchants and gems) that will help me go farther with numbers on HPS. Gear I may should farm towards, etc. Including trinket options.
      Trinket List I Have 
      *Equipped 
      850 Chrono Shard
      875 Vial of Nightmare Fog
      *In my Bags
      865 Naglfar Flare
      855 Flask of Solemn Night

What should my talents be per Boss Fight in Emerald Nightmare. (Ex. I see a lot of players running Cultivation on Ursoc)
      I understand there is no set rotation for healing, and it can always change. I'm going to attempt to start recording the Boss Fights if it helps.
      Another thing I understand is that HPS is crap at the end of the day. If no one dies, that why should I complain, or wonder if I can approve my HPS/Healing, however being an inexperienced healer, I would like to learn more about it so I can achieve better Healing and be far more efficient in raids. 

First is my logs from Last night Mythic Raid.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wk2VA3T4tDRar1wJ/

We do run a 4 man heal team. However we had to put our healers.

This is my armory, Currently setting at 871.
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Jéstër/simple

Armory of our other Resto Druid Kusuri
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Kûsuri/simple

I know he out-gears me, but should there be that much of a gap difference?
      I have pulled higher numbers at times, but that was either by death, or by we did not need constant heals on a fight but those are far and in between. 

Below are also Last weeks logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XvpARnkw1zTZ2aLh/#fight=11

Thank you,
      Jester

• By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell
    • By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By SheepyCakes
      I did a lot of searching before making this thread, but I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. I've been using VuhDo for a number of years now, maybe even as far back as 2009, and I've never had an issue with the spells and panels doing what I configured them to do. I've never played a Restoration Shaman before (I was a priest for many years), but for some reason, whenever someone in my group dies, even though I have told VuhDo to resurrect people when I click on their panel in the group, it does nothing. I tried telling VuhDo to also target the person I'm casting on, even though I find that unnecessary and annoying, but that didn't help. I tried completely resetting the configuration, re-installing VuhDo entirely, disabling other add-ons, but nothing has worked.

For context, I'm also using ElvUI, but even after I disabled it, VuhDo still won't res anyone. Has anyone had any experience with this? The develop site offered no real help.