bradieboi

Very low hps

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys! 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/chamber-of-aspects/erthol   So this is my mistweaver monk here. Now I have actually managed to start raiding and do normals every week. However I have a huuuuge problem, specifically that my hps is really, really low. A good example I think would be this Aggramar fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jKcxbLXrQ9pknDva#fight=27&type=healing   You can see how the other monk had much higher hps than me. I do understand my leggos are subpar, but meh, bad luck one could say. What I don't understand is what I'm doing wrong. I try to use renewing mist on cd, use Vivify. I know I haven't used Effuse too much, but that's because I was trying out fistweawing. Anyways, all my other logs are basically the same. I have way too high overhealing as well. Any help would be great, because I'm lost, I love the monk, I love the style, but somehow can't get it to work as I would like it to. Please help meeeeee! Thanks for the feedback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

the first thing i notice is your talents you want to have : chi burst, chi torpedo, mist wrap, leg sweep, healing elixir, Chi-ji and thunder focus. Another thing is your gear, for raiding you want less haste and way more vers and crit.
Big tip don't be afraid to use CD's monks have huge AOE healing and are good spot healers. use alot of thunder focus (i macro'd it with effuse verry good) and essence font use vivify  and enveloping mist for spot healing. I would also recommend getting a drape of shame since the new set bonus isn't so good for mistweavers and drape of shame gives a huge HPS increase.

Hope this helped you out,
Goodluck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aggramar:

  • You barely use Renewing Mist, only using it 37 times. You could easily fit 70+ into the fight.
  • You only use Chi Burst 5 times, approximately 40% of the possible number.
  • You're missing a fair few Whispers procs. Make sure you're staying near enough to anyone that the heal will hit them. Missing a few is understandable (~5), but missing 15 is not.
  • You overheal with Sheilun's Gift constantly. 78% of the healing from it was overhealing. Use it with less stacks to heal people more efficiently and waste less of it.
  • You finished the fight with ~40% mana, which is 40% of your mana that could have been used as additional healing.

Coven:

  • Pretty much entirely the same points, but more serious.
  • Finished fight with ~75% mana. That's a massive amount of mana you could have used to heal.
  • You spend heaps of time just doing nothing. Make sure you're doing something.
  • 100% overhealing with Sheilun's here.
  • Again, approx. 40% Chi Burst casts.
  • Missed about 80 casts of Renewing Mist.

Varimathras:

  • I won't go over the stuff again, but it's all very much the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blainie said:

Aggramar:

  • You barely use Renewing Mist, only using it 37 times. You could easily fit 70+ into the fight.
  • You only use Chi Burst 5 times, approximately 40% of the possible number.
  • You're missing a fair few Whispers procs. Make sure you're staying near enough to anyone that the heal will hit them. Missing a few is understandable (~5), but missing 15 is not.
  • You overheal with Sheilun's Gift constantly. 78% of the healing from it was overhealing. Use it with less stacks to heal people more efficiently and waste less of it.
  • You finished the fight with ~40% mana, which is 40% of your mana that could have been used as additional healing.

Coven:

  • Pretty much entirely the same points, but more serious.
  • Finished fight with ~75% mana. That's a massive amount of mana you could have used to heal.
  • You spend heaps of time just doing nothing. Make sure you're doing something.
  • 100% overhealing with Sheilun's here.
  • Again, approx. 40% Chi Burst casts.
  • Missed about 80 casts of Renewing Mist.

Varimathras:

  • I won't go over the stuff again, but it's all very much the same.

Well it does seem really really bad now. Anyways thank you very much for your help! My problem is that I usually panic at around 50% of my mana, I start stressing. I realised my Sheiluns' is really really bad... But now that I read it all I can start to try getting better. Thank you! 

 

 

5 hours ago, Paffawan said:

Hi there,

the first thing i notice is your talents you want to have : chi burst, chi torpedo, mist wrap, leg sweep, healing elixir, Chi-ji and thunder focus. Another thing is your gear, for raiding you want less haste and way more vers and crit.
Big tip don't be afraid to use CD's monks have huge AOE healing and are good spot healers. use alot of thunder focus (i macro'd it with effuse verry good) and essence font use vivify  and enveloping mist for spot healing. I would also recommend getting a drape of shame since the new set bonus isn't so good for mistweavers and drape of shame gives a huge HPS increase.

Hope this helped you out,
Goodluck.

Thank you very much for your help, I will look into these, however I read these set bonuses are really strong. I'm not sure about them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bradieboi said:

Well it does seem really really bad now. Anyways thank you very much for your help! My problem is that I usually panic at around 50% of my mana, I start stressing. I realised my Sheiluns' is really really bad... But now that I read it all I can start to try getting better. Thank you! 

It's all a learning curve - that's the most important thing. Just read through the issues, try to work on them one by one. If you try to fix everything in a single fight, you'll get flustered and start to panic, making mistakes elsewhere.

Pick something that you see as an issue you can work on, make a WeakAura or TMW alert to help you if you need it, and work on getting better in that part. Once you see an improvement there, move onto the next one.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 12:46 AM, Blainie said:

It's all a learning curve - that's the most important thing. Just read through the issues, try to work on them one by one. If you try to fix everything in a single fight, you'll get flustered and start to panic, making mistakes elsewhere.

Pick something that you see as an issue you can work on, make a WeakAura or TMW alert to help you if you need it, and work on getting better in that part. Once you see an improvement there, move onto the next one.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Thank you! So I have tried following what you said. Mainly I was working on my mana and Sheilun's Gift uses. It did skyrocket my hps in some fights to 1 mil. There's this fight I'm immensely proud of: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LAqp4faC91h7dY3r#fight=last   While my SG did overheal a lot, what makes me proud is the low overhealing of Vivify and EF. :) Also if anyone has any idea for the lvl 45 talents that would be welcome. I don't use enveloping mist nearly enough to justify MW or Lifecycles. But I'm too shit for spirit of the crane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a site for analyzing your warcraft logs, https://wowanalyzer.com/ 

This site will break down an entire log, fight by fight, or you can enter the link to a specific fight.  It will give you a breakdown of the fight, and even provide suggestions and show you what/where you can improve based on class/spec.

Here is the link to your normal Aggramar from you original post: Aggramar Normal Analyzed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2017 at 2:29 PM, bradieboi said:

I don't use enveloping mist nearly enough to justify MW or Lifecycles. But I'm too shit for spirit of the crane. 

Use MW if you can't use Crane and don't use EM. At least you can Mist while moving then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Pain
      Hello guys i would like to share my weakauras for each healing class, hope you like it ;)
      Any feedback is appreciated
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      New to Weakauras ?
      You can download it here :
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2
      Click the link of the weakaura you want which you can find down below  (Import string) On the wago.io webpage links you can find a copy string button on the right, colored red.
      Like this :  When ingame type /wa to open the control panel of weakaura. Select "import" Paste the string from the wago webpage into this. A screen will pop-up and select the import button on it. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Update Log 
      22-11-17 : Shaman healing tool has been redesigned and improved !
      26-11-17 : Added global cooldown to shaman and paladin healing tool and abit of fine tuning.
      28-11-17 : Druid healing tool has been Redisgned and added global cooldown.
      03-12-17 : Some improvements to the Paladin healing tool
      25-01-18 : Some changes to Shaman and Druid healing tool
      03-02-18 : Massive update for Holy paladin healing tool !
      29-03-18 : Added Monk healing tool !
      30-03-18 : Small update for Resto Druid healing tool
      14-04-18 : All Healing tools have been updated with some new ways of making WA's
      24-04-18 : Huge update to the Paladin healing tool
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Summary :
      Shaman Druid Paladin Priest Monk ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Shaman 

      Resto Shaman - Healing Tool
       
      Import string :  https://wago.io/SJAG4cTub        ←
      ________________________________________________________
      What's making sound :
      Riptide - off cooldown
      Healing rain - off cooldown
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Resto Shaman - Usable cooldowns

      Import string :  https://wago.io/S1u7HqpdZ       ←
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       
      Druid 
      Druid - Healing Tool

       
      Import string :  https://wago.io/H1ZvS9p_b       ←
      _______________________________________________________
      What's making sound :
      Life-Bloom - when its about to expire from target
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Paladin
      Paladin - Healing tool

      Import string : https://wago.io/BkQJU96dZ        ←
      ________________________________________________________
      What's making sound :
      Holyshock - off cooldown
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Paladin - Usable cooldowns 

      Import string :  https://wago.io/r1jnNOQ8M      ←
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Paladin - Light of Dawn info *additional*

      Import string : https://wago.io/HyrN6y4YZ         ←
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Priest
      Holy Priest - Healing Tool

      Import string : https://wago.io/SyghGYcqG        ←
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Holy Priest - Trail of light Talent Tracker *Additional*

      Import string :  https://wago.io/EyclhaZuZ        ←
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       
      Disc Priest - Healing Tool

      Import string :  https://wago.io/SyCn89TdZ        ←
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       
      Monk
      Mistweaver Monk - Healing Tool

      Import string :  https://wago.io/ryDtJHY5M        ←
      What's making sound : 
      Renewing Mist - off cooldown
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)
       
      Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare
       
      Website
      skunkworksguild.com
       
      About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.
       
      We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?
       
      Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.
       
      Past Raiding Achievements
       
      #US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.
       
      How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage
       
      Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881
       
      Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581
       
      Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By AstroDad
      I'm sure this is a popular topic so I apologize if this is the 1 millionth time you've seen this.
      I haven't played a level capped character since probably Wrath of the Lich King.  Friends are sucking me back in and I'm thinking about picking up Warrior.  I used to love tanking as a warrior but unfortunately (or fortunately) it looks like all the tank slots are filled.  Basically my question is, is rolling Warrior a wise choice?  Are they fun to play?  Pretty sure id pick Fury as my DPS spec but I don't know how it or arms plays now. I want to be competitive on the meters against my guildmates but I don't think we're going to be super hardcore.
      I suppose this is "living the dream" but i want to be near the top of the DPS charts while having fun doing it. Is the warrior for me? Other classes I was looking at were Shadow Priest, Hunter, or Death Knight.
      I guess I should also mention that I haven't played in a LONG time so ill probably be doing things like world pvp, BGs, 5-mans, ect.  I'm not an Arena type of person.
    • By jonycm20
      Hi all. I have two questions:
      It might seem like a dumb question, but is there any stat cap for PvP MW monk? Priorities. I read somewhere that priority is: Intellect > Versatility > Haste >Crit Chance = Mastery. Am I wrong? Thanks
       
       
    • By Oddjob
      Hello!
       
      I was recently asked to start playing enhance for my guild. So nothing else to do than grabbing the good ol' hammers and start swinging. I've read the guides here on IV, watched a few videos on Youtube and been on and off on the enhance discord.  I thought I got the hang of it, felt pretty comfortabel doing a few bosses but when I skimmed through  our loggs from a few of the bosses I noticed that my preformance is more or less  garbage.
      I decided to test my luck here. I was hoping that someone could analyze my loggs and give me a few pointers on what and what not to do.
      I would also appreciate  a few tips and trix about how to start analyzing my preformance myself so I dont have to turn back here as soon as the RNG gods are not with me.
      Here is the log I was refering to:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DwMV3GWf64pykrPZ#fight=last
      And here is my armoy: 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/stormreaver/blu
       
      In advance I apologize for any misspelling and other nonsense that might confuse you. I should point out that English is not my main language.
      If you need any other basic information in order to help me just give me a shout and I will comply.
       
      Thanks!