FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
bradieboi

Very low hps

Hi guys! 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/chamber-of-aspects/erthol   So this is my mistweaver monk here. Now I have actually managed to start raiding and do normals every week. However I have a huuuuge problem, specifically that my hps is really, really low. A good example I think would be this Aggramar fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jKcxbLXrQ9pknDva#fight=27&type=healing   You can see how the other monk had much higher hps than me. I do understand my leggos are subpar, but meh, bad luck one could say. What I don't understand is what I'm doing wrong. I try to use renewing mist on cd, use Vivify. I know I haven't used Effuse too much, but that's because I was trying out fistweawing. Anyways, all my other logs are basically the same. I have way too high overhealing as well. Any help would be great, because I'm lost, I love the monk, I love the style, but somehow can't get it to work as I would like it to. Please help meeeeee! Thanks for the feedback. 

Hi there,

the first thing i notice is your talents you want to have : chi burst, chi torpedo, mist wrap, leg sweep, healing elixir, Chi-ji and thunder focus. Another thing is your gear, for raiding you want less haste and way more vers and crit.
Big tip don't be afraid to use CD's monks have huge AOE healing and are good spot healers. use alot of thunder focus (i macro'd it with effuse verry good) and essence font use vivify  and enveloping mist for spot healing. I would also recommend getting a drape of shame since the new set bonus isn't so good for mistweavers and drape of shame gives a huge HPS increase.

Hope this helped you out,
Goodluck.

Aggramar:

• You barely use Renewing Mist, only using it 37 times. You could easily fit 70+ into the fight.
  • You only use Chi Burst 5 times, approximately 40% of the possible number.
  • You're missing a fair few Whispers procs. Make sure you're staying near enough to anyone that the heal will hit them. Missing a few is understandable (~5), but missing 15 is not.
  • You overheal with Sheilun's Gift constantly. 78% of the healing from it was overhealing. Use it with less stacks to heal people more efficiently and waste less of it.
  • You finished the fight with ~40% mana, which is 40% of your mana that could have been used as additional healing.

Coven:

• Pretty much entirely the same points, but more serious.
  • Finished fight with ~75% mana. That's a massive amount of mana you could have used to heal.
  • You spend heaps of time just doing nothing. Make sure you're doing something.
  • 100% overhealing with Sheilun's here.
  • Again, approx. 40% Chi Burst casts.
  • Missed about 80 casts of Renewing Mist.

Varimathras:

• I won't go over the stuff again, but it's all very much the same.

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

Aggramar:

• You barely use Renewing Mist, only using it 37 times. You could easily fit 70+ into the fight.
  • You only use Chi Burst 5 times, approximately 40% of the possible number.
  • You're missing a fair few Whispers procs. Make sure you're staying near enough to anyone that the heal will hit them. Missing a few is understandable (~5), but missing 15 is not.
  • You overheal with Sheilun's Gift constantly. 78% of the healing from it was overhealing. Use it with less stacks to heal people more efficiently and waste less of it.
  • You finished the fight with ~40% mana, which is 40% of your mana that could have been used as additional healing.

Coven:

• Pretty much entirely the same points, but more serious.
  • Finished fight with ~75% mana. That's a massive amount of mana you could have used to heal.
  • You spend heaps of time just doing nothing. Make sure you're doing something.
  • 100% overhealing with Sheilun's here.
  • Again, approx. 40% Chi Burst casts.
  • Missed about 80 casts of Renewing Mist.

Varimathras:

• I won't go over the stuff again, but it's all very much the same.

Well it does seem really really bad now. Anyways thank you very much for your help! My problem is that I usually panic at around 50% of my mana, I start stressing. I realised my Sheiluns' is really really bad... But now that I read it all I can start to try getting better. Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Paffawan said:

Hi there,

the first thing i notice is your talents you want to have : chi burst, chi torpedo, mist wrap, leg sweep, healing elixir, Chi-ji and thunder focus. Another thing is your gear, for raiding you want less haste and way more vers and crit.
Big tip don't be afraid to use CD's monks have huge AOE healing and are good spot healers. use alot of thunder focus (i macro'd it with effuse verry good) and essence font use vivify  and enveloping mist for spot healing. I would also recommend getting a drape of shame since the new set bonus isn't so good for mistweavers and drape of shame gives a huge HPS increase.

Hope this helped you out,
Goodluck.

Thank you very much for your help, I will look into these, however I read these set bonuses are really strong. I'm not sure about them. 

11 minutes ago, bradieboi said:

Well it does seem really really bad now. Anyways thank you very much for your help! My problem is that I usually panic at around 50% of my mana, I start stressing. I realised my Sheiluns' is really really bad... But now that I read it all I can start to try getting better. Thank you! 

It's all a learning curve - that's the most important thing. Just read through the issues, try to work on them one by one. If you try to fix everything in a single fight, you'll get flustered and start to panic, making mistakes elsewhere.

Pick something that you see as an issue you can work on, make a WeakAura or TMW alert to help you if you need it, and work on getting better in that part. Once you see an improvement there, move onto the next one.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

On 12/29/2017 at 12:46 AM, Blainie said:

It's all a learning curve - that's the most important thing. Just read through the issues, try to work on them one by one. If you try to fix everything in a single fight, you'll get flustered and start to panic, making mistakes elsewhere.

Pick something that you see as an issue you can work on, make a WeakAura or TMW alert to help you if you need it, and work on getting better in that part. Once you see an improvement there, move onto the next one.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Thank you! So I have tried following what you said. Mainly I was working on my mana and Sheilun's Gift uses. It did skyrocket my hps in some fights to 1 mil. There's this fight I'm immensely proud of: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LAqp4faC91h7dY3r#fight=last   While my SG did overheal a lot, what makes me proud is the low overhealing of Vivify and EF. :) Also if anyone has any idea for the lvl 45 talents that would be welcome. I don't use enveloping mist nearly enough to justify MW or Lifecycles. But I'm too shit for spirit of the crane. 

There is a site for analyzing your warcraft logs, https://wowanalyzer.com/ 

This site will break down an entire log, fight by fight, or you can enter the link to a specific fight.  It will give you a breakdown of the fight, and even provide suggestions and show you what/where you can improve based on class/spec.

Here is the link to your normal Aggramar from you original post: Aggramar Normal Analyzed

On 12/31/2017 at 2:29 PM, bradieboi said:

I don't use enveloping mist nearly enough to justify MW or Lifecycles. But I'm too shit for spirit of the crane. 

Use MW if you can't use Crane and don't use EM. At least you can Mist while moving then.