LbAeSaEmR

PROTECTION PALLY Q's?

2 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Protection Palladin players I have a few questions for you!

In the rotation section of the prot guide it says to cast crusader strike and judgment before avengers shield EVEN WITH a proc on.

This confuses me because not only is it our hardest hitting ability it also gives free holy power for survival which cannot be refreshed until the ability is used! Therefore meaning we are wasting free holy power generation by sitting on this ability and not using it asap.

I think I must be missing something and would love clarification on this.

ALSO, In the stats priority section Haste is listed as dead last and strength not at all. Haste used to be one of prots best stats because it increased dmg and holy power generation significantly through sotr uptime.

I have heard some say that haste > everything until 50% then its value is reduced and thats why its listed last. But if thats the case why doesnt it say so? Surely holypower generation for more sotr's is better than more mastery for stronger sotr's because we care more about smoothing out damage instead of windows of being tough and weak.

And Strength as a stat is supposed to be second only to bonus armor shouldnt we want to know this information if we are choosing between a mastery or strength trinket? A new player who was reading this guide would see that and think the mastery one is better because strength isnt even listed.

Thanks to anyone who can answer these things for me.

It's unlikely that it will proc again before you use it, so using 2 casts for shorter CDs of holy power will generate more over the course of the fight. Its more survivability to wait on it. There's a few cases where you get much more by spending it, such as Tectus if you have 3+ adds, or Butcher (I think? It could be twins) because he hits you so often that it procs almost every second at some points.

Haste > all until 50% was last expansion, and died in that expansion. Theres been tons of theorycraft proving it's value is mostly for consistency and damage (Which was the ONLY reason people wanted it in MoP, free insane DPS). As for Strength, its not a secondary stat so you cant fight on it on any scenario except for say trinkets, though there's enough BA trinkets around that you should be striving for those.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Alst3r
      Hello hunters,
      i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion

In no-proc periods:  Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then  Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If  Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the  Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on  Vulnerable. When you get a proc: →  Marked Shot → Keep Cast  Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x  Aimed Shots.  
      But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
      - If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
      But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.

I dont understand.
    • By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Druid: Balance and Guardian.
      Priest: Shadow
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By AmiishDriveBy
      Since we are no longer using Hailstorm, do we still incorporate frostbrand in the rotation?
    • By Cotics
      So with the new Patch on our doorstep, I was wondering if anyone knows how the patch will change stat priorities. Because of the nerf to 2ndary  stats.