2 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Protection Palladin players I have a few questions for you!

In the rotation section of the prot guide it says to cast crusader strike and judgment before avengers shield EVEN WITH a proc on.

This confuses me because not only is it our hardest hitting ability it also gives free holy power for survival which cannot be refreshed until the ability is used! Therefore meaning we are wasting free holy power generation by sitting on this ability and not using it asap.

I think I must be missing something and would love clarification on this.

ALSO, In the stats priority section Haste is listed as dead last and strength not at all. Haste used to be one of prots best stats because it increased dmg and holy power generation significantly through sotr uptime.

I have heard some say that haste > everything until 50% then its value is reduced and thats why its listed last. But if thats the case why doesnt it say so? Surely holypower generation for more sotr's is better than more mastery for stronger sotr's because we care more about smoothing out damage instead of windows of being tough and weak.

And Strength as a stat is supposed to be second only to bonus armor shouldnt we want to know this information if we are choosing between a mastery or strength trinket? A new player who was reading this guide would see that and think the mastery one is better because strength isnt even listed.

Thanks to anyone who can answer these things for me.

It's unlikely that it will proc again before you use it, so using 2 casts for shorter CDs of holy power will generate more over the course of the fight. Its more survivability to wait on it. There's a few cases where you get much more by spending it, such as Tectus if you have 3+ adds, or Butcher (I think? It could be twins) because he hits you so often that it procs almost every second at some points.

Haste > all until 50% was last expansion, and died in that expansion. Theres been tons of theorycraft proving it's value is mostly for consistency and damage (Which was the ONLY reason people wanted it in MoP, free insane DPS). As for Strength, its not a secondary stat so you cant fight on it on any scenario except for say trinkets, though there's enough BA trinkets around that you should be striving for those.