LbAeSaEmR

PROTECTION PALLY Q's?

2 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Protection Palladin players I have a few questions for you!

In the rotation section of the prot guide it says to cast crusader strike and judgment before avengers shield EVEN WITH a proc on.

This confuses me because not only is it our hardest hitting ability it also gives free holy power for survival which cannot be refreshed until the ability is used! Therefore meaning we are wasting free holy power generation by sitting on this ability and not using it asap.

I think I must be missing something and would love clarification on this.

ALSO, In the stats priority section Haste is listed as dead last and strength not at all. Haste used to be one of prots best stats because it increased dmg and holy power generation significantly through sotr uptime.

I have heard some say that haste > everything until 50% then its value is reduced and thats why its listed last. But if thats the case why doesnt it say so? Surely holypower generation for more sotr's is better than more mastery for stronger sotr's because we care more about smoothing out damage instead of windows of being tough and weak.

And Strength as a stat is supposed to be second only to bonus armor shouldnt we want to know this information if we are choosing between a mastery or strength trinket? A new player who was reading this guide would see that and think the mastery one is better because strength isnt even listed.

Thanks to anyone who can answer these things for me.

It's unlikely that it will proc again before you use it, so using 2 casts for shorter CDs of holy power will generate more over the course of the fight. Its more survivability to wait on it. There's a few cases where you get much more by spending it, such as Tectus if you have 3+ adds, or Butcher (I think? It could be twins) because he hits you so often that it procs almost every second at some points.

Haste > all until 50% was last expansion, and died in that expansion. Theres been tons of theorycraft proving it's value is mostly for consistency and damage (Which was the ONLY reason people wanted it in MoP, free insane DPS). As for Strength, its not a secondary stat so you cant fight on it on any scenario except for say trinkets, though there's enough BA trinkets around that you should be striving for those.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ZuzgwangGroo
      Hello all, 
                   Thanks for your yalls time and I hope I am in the the right place to ask. First things first, here is my toons info page. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Aurgus/advanced . The question I have is this. On the Arms Warrior guide, it states the the stat priority for Arms Warrior is Mastery>Haste>Versatility>Strength>Crit . Then the first thing it says in the next paragraph is the following.
      Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
      Critical Strike provides additional damage to your attacks and abilities, and also increases your rage generated by auto-attack swings on successful critical strikes.
      As a on and off again / returning player and all around general boob, I mean, NOOB lol, this is extremely confusing. I am already and almost done with my main Warrior quest, and I have so far chosen gear that focused on Mastery and Haste. But from that the guide says, I am doing it wrong?
      Thanks again for your time , any help would be appreciated, and MUCH LOVE from Wisconsin :)

ZugzwangGroo,
      All Who Wander Are Not Lost :)
    • By Sharknad0
      This is my current pawn string from sims:
      Agility=21.87, CritRating=18.49, HasteRating=24.16, MasteryRating=22.94, Versatility=17.33
      Is anyone else getting haste over mastery and agi? I recently got the Mantle (FINALLY!), so not sure if that is affecting anything. I know crit used to be important for Mantle, so I am not sure why it would be the culprit here. I even tested swapping out my enchants to haste and it did provide a slight boost while maintaining the same scaling. Mastery is at 9300, Crit at 9300 and Haste at 8000 (Roughly), so I definitely dont feel I have enough mastery to start warranting haste over it and agi.
      Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this too?
      I do have the current sim build, so no issues there.
    • By Elodar
      Hey Gang, would you mind looking at my logs and let me know where I can improve my rotation as an assassination rogue.  I notice that all of my best logs have a significant amount of Poison Bomb and I don't like praying to RNJesus.  I am hoping there are some things I can do to hit top dps.  
      Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Elodar/simple.  I know my Mastery is low but lately I have had crap luck on drops.  One of the options I have to bring up my Mastery is to drop Insignia of Ravenholdt +Well Flattened Wristguards and change to Denial of Half Giants + an 890 Spellblades Gemmed Signet but Denial is a sub rogue legendary.  This brings my agility to 34248, mastery to 137%, and my crit to 28%.  I tried running this combo with the higher mastery and did not feel like I was doing more dps even though the Sims say I should.  

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dF3qCynDbvGrVAh6#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=186  This is one of my better logs where I think I did most thing correct.  Please look at this and let me know if there is something I am missing.
    • By Cryea
      Hi Guys, I need little help with stats priority and rotation. I think, Im doing something wrong with my dps. Cant break 500k-550k DPS on single target and need advice to someone AoE target bosses in Nighthold.
      I send my armory:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Cryea/simple
      And the logs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7Tp6r4a2vKdtYPDg

Sorry for my bad english and its my first post.