10 replies to this topic Started by Xsinthis, Oct 28 2012 10:01 PM survey gold
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Xsinthis
  • Xsinthis
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
The World of Warcraft Wealth Survey 2012 has now concluded and the report has been published!

Report: World of Warcraft Wealth Survey 2012

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to fill out the survey, this project would not be possible without help from the World of Warcraft community!

Here's the tl;dr version:
  • Average player gold was 302,593
  • Median player gold was 80,000
  • 81.63% of players survey reported bloew average gold levels
  • "The 99%" owns 74.18% of the gold

----
Hello everyone,

Many of you might not recognize me but last year I ran a World of Warcraft Wealth Survey which turned out to be so successful that I decided to do it again this year. This year not only will the survey be gauging player wealth but it will provide the second data point to start tracking inflation hopefully.

The survey is completely anonymous, not even your IP will be tracked, so you can feel safe answering all the questions as honestly as possible (there are some questions about botting that might normally give people pause). I ask everyone who takes the survey to answer as truthfully as possible, nothing is to be gained by lying about anything on the survey.

The survey can be found again at http://xsinthis.net/survey/ and more information can be found at Announcing the World of Warcraft Wealth Survey and World of Warcraft

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for taking the time to complete the survey.

Edited by Xsinthis, 12 November 2012 - 08:05 PM.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
Nice of you to post this here. I completed the survey. I'm at like 180k gold, which I've had since I reached the old gold cap, back in WOTLK. I guess I haven't spent a whole lot of gold during Cataclysm, busy as I was writing guides for Icy Veins :P

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Rystrave
  • Rystrave
  • Vagrant
  • LocationNorth Dakota
Took it. As someone who doesn't participate in gold making it was incredibly boring, lol

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Xsinthis
  • Xsinthis
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

Nice of you to post this here. I completed the survey. I'm at like 180k gold, which I've had since I reached the old gold cap, back in WOTLK. I guess I haven't spent a whole lot of gold during Cataclysm, busy as I was writing guides for Icy Veins Posted Image

Thanks for taking it! I've been trying to get this to as many sites as possible to get the best possible array of responses.

Took it. As someone who doesn't participate in gold making it was incredibly boring, lol

Haha sorry, but thanks for completing it, it's incredibly important to get responses from players from every walk of WoW life!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Aythermyst
  • Aythermyst
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I am such a goody two shoes. No wonder I'm broke lol Ah well, thanks for the survey I found it interesting.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Vladamyr
  • Vladamyr
  • Kind of a Big Deal
I'm sitting pretty stable at my end of Cataclysm gold level. So far I have found the only money makers to be selling the 476 tailoring pieces. Seems like the enchanting market has been gimped with the way they did enchanting patterns and JC is overrun with sheer numbers of items. No Elemental market (Volatiles) is also hurting the AH game. Right now there isn't much other than inscription (cards) that is making enough money to justify my time. I made approximately 400k off of enchanting in cata and will have to sit tight till they make changes or I find a new niche.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France
Completed it as well :)

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Ktuloo
  • Ktuloo
  • Peasant
Done

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
Completed. Interested in these things. I never care too much about gold. Gold to me is only a means to buy mounts and pets. I never buy gear because I'd rather earn it in raiding (you can't buy heroic gear haha) and I'm self-sufficient with all professions across my account. I often use it to buy my lady pets because she enjoys the crap out of them. Other than that, just enough to cover little things like flying on every toon is really all I need it for. I have about 5-6k on each alt and 65k on my Warlock. You should think about doing a survey where people also put how much real money they make in real life...it'd be interesting to see that correlation if any exists.

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14M

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
Completed it, make sure to post some results when you have them.
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Xsinthis
  • Xsinthis
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
The World of Warcraft Wealth Survey 2012 has now concluded and the report has been published!

Report: World of Warcraft Wealth Survey 2012

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to fill out the survey, this project would not be possible without help from the World of Warcraft community!

Here's the tl;dr version:
  • Average player gold was 302,593
  • Median player gold was 80,000
  • 81.63% of players survey reported bloew average gold levels
  • "The 99%" owns 74.18% of the gold

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users