FORUMS
knight85

Question about Subscriptions gameplay

My wow subscription is ending today (i'm taking a break from wow for a bit)

but my main is a level 36 hunter and has about 300 gold.

I know that when you dont have a subscription there's a limit on how much gold you can have (10 i think. same a the starter edition) so my question is. what would happen if i were to go into my level 36 hunter (if i could) what would happen to the gold i already have?

To my understanding is the starter edition only goes to lvl 20.  You won't lose anything you currently have on your characters but well you just won't be able to do a whole lot of with them.

Quoting a comment by an MVP on the official forum:

"You can also play any existing characters you have that are level 20 or below, but any trade skills that require over a skill level of 100 will not be available and if the character has more than 10g then that character will not earn any gold until they have spent enough to bring them back under 10g."

So even if you could log onto your Hunter, they just wouldn't be able to earn any more gold. I assume same is true for things like mail, you don't lose anything, but you won't be able to send new mail.

well out of curiousity last night i went back into wow last night after the subscription ended and the characters over level 20 were locked. and the game was treating it as a starter edition. which is fine by me

i just have 1 question. lets say for the sake of argument that i take a character i have that is below 20 and level him to 20. will the game lock out any further exp development after the character hits 20?

On 6/18/2018 at 7:05 PM, knight85 said:

well out of curiousity last night i went back into wow last night after the subscription ended and the characters over level 20 were locked. and the game was treating it as a starter edition. which is fine by me

i just have 1 question. lets say for the sake of argument that i take a character i have that is below 20 and level him to 20. will the game lock out any further exp development after the character hits 20?

You won't be able to do anything further to level him above 20. He will stay at level 20.

perfect thanks. i dont mind this character being stuck at the level 20 and 10 gold limit.

he's an extra that i'm planning to use during darkmoon faire next week and the month before the expansion to farm darkmoon potions and daggermaws. i just want to get to level 20 because its easier to get around the island using the darkmoon race mounts. and as i discovered last month you need a riding skill to use them.

although i sure as hell wasnt expecting to come back on for the weekend to find myself in the middle of a play for free event.

though it does work to my advantage. i was able to mail some gold to my extras to expand the bank slots. now i just need to get my paladin up to level 20. i'm half way there as is.

i will say this however.

THIS GAME IS EVIL. i've been away from azeroth for a week playing an xbox 360 game and i still cant get wow out of my head

On 6/23/2018 at 1:24 PM, knight85 said:

i will say this however.

THIS GAME IS EVIL. i've been away from azeroth for a week playing an xbox 360 game and i still cant get wow out of my head

It is like every thing you mess up in life due to too much practice. Even healthy things can get worse if you can't handle it moderately. But i feel WoW is getting less attractive the older you get...and the more things you do outside of Azeroth ?

lol true.

its like every once in a while my mind drifts back to azeroth.

but i made a comitment. i'm out of the game except for darkmoon faire (for daggermaws and darkmoon potions) until the expansion.

and that's for 2 reasons.

1) i was trying to burn the candle at both ends by setting up too many alts

2) i got sick and tired of the dogs abuse i got every time i asked a question on the gamefaqs forum. every time i mentioned lists or plans or things i wanted to do later on i got treated like a damned idiot and it was pissing me off

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PixieKnight
      I've been trying my hardest to climb in Ranked. I started the season at Gold 2, and have now fallen to Gold 4 from losing streaks. How half my games go these days. 1. I call Support 2. I play nearly perfectly 3. We lose, with me having DOUBLE the healing of the enemy healer, sometimes doubling an enemy double support as a solo support (not an exaggeration), and no deaths, with healing percent around 50%. And yet my teammates are comical. Once we lose a fight, they do things like hang around alone against the entire enemy team, push alone, blame teammates, and generally be useless. Nor do I cause the frustration, I'm nearly always polite and helpful (encouraging teammates, making strats, etc.). Yet I keep losing. Do I need to do TRIPLE the enemy healer to win, or am I just cursed? Perhaps someone from IcyVeins could spectate a match of mine and tell me what, if anything, is wrong with my play. I know that's a big favour, but I'd appreciate it. I can upload replays if someone tells me how.
    • By positiv2
      Hi,
      I bought WoW recently, and I have fallen in love with collecting pets and battling with them. However, I feel like my set up is fairly weak, as I have no idea which pets to use (currently using Graves, Adder and Darkmoon Glowfly). As a new WoW player, I do not know how outdated Zagam's thread is - it could be perfectly fine, but also could be virtually useless.
      Sadly, as a new player, I do not have much gold nor levels to be able to buy expensive pets from AH or to try to get one from a high-levelled dungeon or raid. I can grind it over time, but I would like to have a temporary team that would be acceptable.
      So, which pets should I get now, having level 42, and which pets should I aim for?
      Also, is the aforementioned thread still relevant?
      Thanks!
    • By Valkyr
      Hi guys. I got this idea from a thread on reddit talking about how players "share" the challenge a friend quest to double the gold earning by finding players on discord who have the same quest and playing against them so both players get 160g. My innitial thought was how to filter out people who may pretend to have the same quest to get the 80g, without the actual quest owner getting an extra 80g in return. I don't know if there are people like that out there, but I feel icy-veins being a more closely knit community, would inherently keep such people at bay. We can have a thread for each region and people can edit their posts once they have found someone and completed the quest.
      I thought this would be a nice way for people who don't have rl friends playing the game to find new friends  to share gold with. Plus it doubles the gold you earn from that particular quest. I think many people would be interested in getting max gold before Un'goro hits. I don't know if icy-veins policy allows for this or not so I thought I'd ask what you guys thought about this?
    • By Archimage
      This Guide is no longer valid
      (Only valid during Warlords of Dreanor. Before Patch 7.0.3)
      So I've been watching some Youtube videos (MetaGoblin) and found several videos regarding how to make gold using your garrison in WoD and Legion, spending about 5 minutes each day per character for about 1000g per day per char.
      Section 1: Garrison Setup:
      Large Plot:
      Barracks Level 3 (Simply for the +5 Follower Perk)

Medium Plot:
      Trading Post Level 1
      Lunarfall Inn / Frostwolf Tavern Level 3

Small Plots:
      Gem Boutique Level 2 (Assign Follower)
      Scribe's Quarters Level 2 (Assign Follower)
      Salvage Yard Level 3 (Pre-Legion)
      Alchemy Lab Level 2 (Can replace the Salvage Yard)
      Special:
      Pet Menagerie Level 3 (Pet Battle Dailies)
      Shipyard Level 3
      Section 2: Followers and Missions
      Using the above setup, you should have about 23 followers able to do Follower Missions. Ideally you should have followers with the Treasure Hunter trait, which can be recruited weekly from your Inn/Tavern.
      The Level 3 Inn/Tavern Perk allows you to do Follower Missions that rewards gold, and with each follower doing the mission with the perk increases these rewards.
      There are also some follower missions that reward a Medallion of the Legion, Champion's Honor and Ogre Cache (Resources) that can be sold on Auction House
      I suggest you get the addon called Master Plan. This allows you to optimally send followers out on missions.
      You can get about 200g per character per day simply doing these follower missions.
      Section 3: Shipyard
      The shipyard occasionally has missions missions rewarding gold. Simply see the Icy Veins' Garrison Shipyard guide.
      https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/garrison-shipyard-complete-guide
      Section 4: Trading Post
      This will allow you to trade those Garrison Resources (GR) that are automatically generated for materials. The only 2 traders you need to be using are:
      Pyxni Pennypocket - Sells Herbs at a 1:4 ratio.
      Trader Yula / Elder Surehide - Sells Ores and Furs at a 1:4 ratio.
      Section 5: Menagerie
      Simply see Peelyon's guide: 

These reward 8-10 Pet Charms per character per day. Also in Legion, you will need about 2000 Charms to buy the new pets and toys.

Section 6: Small Buildings
      Gem Boutique:
      When you assign a follower, you can do a daily quest. These quests can be completed without having the Jewelcrafting profession by using the NPC inside the building.
      Rewards a bag containing 180-250g.
      Scribe's Quarters:
      The follower can craft partial orders every day per character. Once you combine 2 partial orders of the same name it can be vendored for about 75-250g.
      Alchemy Lab:
      You can craft the Draenic Philosopher's Stone simply to vendor it for 25g
      Salvage Yard:
      Follower missions reward a chest that contains items which can be vendored or sold on auction house for gold. I suggest you keep all your boxes until the Transmorg/Wardrobe system is available before opening the chests so you have all the transmorgs that they will provide.
    • By Peelyon
      First and foremost a massive thank you to all that watched and also those that engaged in the stream last night.  I have received a lot of positive feedback and I hope that you enjoyed the show!
      I have created this thread to link the VoDs from the stream and also to allow you guys to post any feedback you may have (good or bad!).
      Hopefully as the channel grows so will the number of viewers and the overall content of the stream itself!
      The VoD is currently available here https://www.twitch.tv/icyveinscom/v/76774873 for a limited time and I will link the Youtube video of the stream when it has been processed!

Here's to more gold for all of us!